SiouxSports.com Forum

Predictions

sioux24/7

Which players on offense and defense do you think will be the breakout players? And who do you think will be the teams offensive and defensive MVPs?

Offense

Breakout Player--Garmin

MVP--Hanson

Defense

Breakout Player-- Daryl Brown

MVP--Brenneman

Offense

Breakout Player--Garmin

MVP--Hanson

Defense

Breakout Player-- Daryl Brown

MVP--Brenneman

wouldn't you consider Daryl to be last years breakout defensive player?

Breakout O:

Tyrhe Ivery or Jameer Jackson or Garmin

MVP Hardin or Hansen

Breakout D:

Ben Peters or Dwayne Brown

MVP Dom Bennett

After watching Tyrhe Ivery step it up in the USD game i feel like he will have a break out year. Jackson, Townsend, and Mcgill could all have years like this as well. I guess I am very excited about the WR corp as a whole!

QB- Like many I hope Hansen has a great year. if something happens to him I really think Bradley will look like a totally different player than last year.

RB- Three studs, plain and simple. If one does not perform someone else will step up.

O/D Lines- I feel pretty good about both lines. It looks like we have added the necessary depth.

Secondary- I feel a lot better with the recent signings at Safety. I think Brown has a great year.

RB- Three studs, plain and simple. If one does not perform someone else will step up.

I would almost be willing to throw PJ Sparks in there too. I really don't see him getting much snaps but he could very easily fill in for some snaps.

Offense

Breakout- Ivery

Breakout- Shea Walker- (both on the line and special teams)

MVP- Miller

Defense

Breakout- Spencer Cummings- (I can't wait to see this kid this year)

MVP- Devin Benjamin- (Our defense will only be as good against the run as our NG play)

MVP 2- Dom Bennet (Kid will have an all conference year this year if he stays healthy)

Special Teams

Breakout- Will Ratelle

MVP- Cameron and Miller (we are solid in the kicking game)

I would almost be willing to throw PJ Sparks in there too. I really don't see him getting much snaps but he could very easily fill in for some snaps.

I have been hearing good things about Sparks and agree that he could be more involved next year. For some reason I haven't seen much film of him. Did he play much in the spring game?

TSN's All-America Teams. 15 players from the Big Sky Conference including 4 from SUU....................

How does USD's Tyler Starr only make 3rd team after collecting 14 sacks as a sophomore? The guy is pure hell off the edge for opposing offensive tackles.

Surprised Brenneman's 8.5 sacks as a junior didn't warrant a spot on the 3rd team as well.

But I digress. Preseason teams are worthless. You want to be on the post season teams.

Not to bring up the team to the south, but to only have one player from the state's two schools on the team, and no its not Zeb Miller, is kinda a slap in the face of the defending national champions.

I have to admit it does seem a little odd for NDSU to have only 1 player on the team. I guess the preseason teams are a little bit of a joke.