SiouxSports.com Forum

A few issues

jimdahl

A seemingly partially botched upgrade has left the forum with a few odd issues. Noticed so far--

* You may have noticed in your user profile that you have a "warn status" of 100%. (I think I've fixed this)

* Clicking on a new thread title from the index page to see the newest posts results in a "cannot connect to database" error. Just avoid doing this for now, click on the forum title and navigate to the post from there instead.

I'll try to get it all resolved this weekend. Enjoy your holiday!

A seemingly partially botched upgrade has left the forum with a few odd issues. Noticed so far--

* You may have noticed in your user profile that you have a "warn status" of 100%. (I think I've fixed this)

* Clicking on a new thread title from the index page to see the newest posts results in a "cannot connect to database" error. Just avoid doing this for now, click on the forum title and navigate to the post from there instead.

I'll try to get it all resolved this weekend. Enjoy your holiday!

Ok, I think I now have a successful upgrade in place. Let me know of any remaining problems.

Yo Jim,

With this upgrade did you change the mobile version of the forum? What I'm seeing on my WinPhone7 is much smoother and easier to navigate.

Yeah, all the skins are getting redone. The old mobile skin worked pretty well on iOS and Android, but the new one really cleans up BlackBerry and WinPhone, which I know a lot of North Dakotans use.

Yeah, all the skins are getting redone. The old mobile skin worked pretty well on iOS and Android, but the new one really cleans up BlackBerry and WinPhone, which I know a lot of North Dakotans use.

What language is that? :)

• Upvote 1

That's what I use and it did a great job. The site really moves quite well on my phone.

Ask your kids, they're the tech experts in todays world. :)

When ever the tech guys talk at work I tell them English, what did you just say. That's what's good about the Techie's they know what's going on with computers so we don't have to.

• 3 months later...

How does one go about posting pics in a post?

Get the picture somewhere on the net, if it isn't already, click the little icon in the second row that looks like a square painting of a tree, paste the URL into the box, and that's it!

If you aren't using the "rich text editor" but just typing in straight text, the code is [ img]URL[ /img] (without the spaces after the left bracket)

e.g.

bacon.png

• 1 month later...

I mean the whole subtopics. I can't see any of the previews. "UND Community" shows up in a lighter green than the other main headings. I didn't change anything on my end as far as I know. And I don't use the mobile version. Sucks cause now I can't just see if there are new discussions in it from the main forums page.

I mean the whole subtopics. I can't see any of the previews. "UND Community" shows up in a lighter green than the other main headings. I didn't change anything on my end as far as I know. And I don't use the mobile version. Sucks cause now I can't just see if there are new discussions in it from the main forums page.

I use the mobile version on my phone and it works great. All topics show up just fine. But it doesn't show whether there are new discussions or not.

I use the mobile version on my phone and it works great. All topics show up just fine. But it doesn't show whether there are new discussions or not.

The mobile version only shows if there are new posts or not if you're logged in, which can then keep in sync with what you've read from your desktop computer.

Hmmm... it's possible that you inadvertently marked everything as read (there's a link near the top of the thread listing, or clicking the little arrowhead would do it), so that's now the only forum that doesn't think it has any new content for you.

I figured it out. Apparently you can click one the three main headings, which in turn brings up a plus or minus on the right side of the bar so you can hide it if you want. Mine had it hidden. Fixed now. Using my phone probably didn't help cause I am usually zoomed in on the left side of the screen.

I figured it out. Apparently you can click one the three main headings, which in turn brings up a plus or minus on the right side of the bar so you can hide it if you want. Mine had it hidden. Fixed now. Using my phone probably didn't help cause I am usually zoomed in on the left side of the screen.

Oh, I see what you mean. The entire community section was gone, not just the forum community. Yep, the sections are collapsible.