SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Hell yes. Highlight tapes are supposed to look good so I try to take that into consideration but that kid can hit. Offers from Wyoming and Western Illinois. Nice.

I definitely agree about not getting excited about highlight tapes because you can cherry pick 2 minutes worth of good plays from 2 seasons and make a guy look like a player. I look for a few things when looking at tapes like this. I like that this guy made several big hits and solid tackles against what appeared to be the same team and then also ranged to make a play on a quick pass to the outside from his deep safety position. Looks like the kind of guy who can be solid against the run and make a receiver think twice about what's coming over the middle of the field. I'm having a hard time remembering the last time we had a safety who liked to lay the wood to receivers and play around the line of scrimmage.

I definitely agree about not getting excited about highlight tapes because you can cherry pick 2 minutes worth of good plays from 2 seasons and make a guy look like a player. I look for a few things when looking at tapes like this. I like that this guy made several big hits and solid tackles against what appeared to be the same team and then also ranged to make a play on a quick pass to the outside from his deep safety position. Looks like the kind of guy who can be solid against the run and make a receiver think twice about what's coming over the middle of the field. I'm having a hard time remembering the last time we had a safety who liked to lay the wood to receivers and play around the line of scrimmage.

His name was Ankenbauer and he crushed guys. He had at least one personal foul for hits to the head/defenseless receiver a game. Wasn't big but he was mean. Hopefully these new guys can hit like him but cover the pass better.

His name was Ankenbauer and he crushed guys. He had at least one personal foul for hits to the head/defenseless receiver a game. Wasn't big but he was mean. Hopefully these new guys can hit like him but cover the pass better.

I knew there was a guy I was overlooking. That's the kind of guy last year's defense was missing. Guys who make receivers look to the middle of the field to make sure they know where they are. Nobody on last year's defense struck any fear into anybody.

I think I have Wiki updated with all the recent activity. If not, let me know. With all the chest bumps last week and over the weekend, I think we are missing 4-5 commitments, correct?

Thanks for updating the wiki. Its tough to keep track of the chest bumps. Looks like a good class, I wonder how many of these kids will be reshirted and how many may play this fall.

That's cool. Why not show him the greatest hockey arena there is.

It's either that or take him to a basketball game.... Seems to have worked well this weekend. I think it gives us an advantage since they'll see a bball game at most schools and we can offer them something at least different or novel if it's their first time

It's either that or take him to a basketball game.... Seems to have worked well this weekend. I think it gives us an advantage since they'll see a bball game at most schools and we can offer them something at least different or novel if it's their first time

What would be even 'cooler' is if they could show recruits a state of the art indoor practice facility rather than just renderings of it. We need to get that thing built! Anyone have any updates on it's progression?

• Upvote 1

Exactly. Maybe these recruits would rather see hockey instead of basketball.

Any predictions on the other chest bumps from yesterday? I believe one more from nurse which means west coast.

I'm interpreting that Nurse got two yesterday. Kotelnicki had a tweet in the morning with one, and then another in the afternoon. I am hoping one is Armond Hawkins, a CB. Not sure if he's visited or if we even had a shot, but he looks pretty good. So I'm thinking that we have two from Cali.