SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Would Aeron Carr be a possible DB? Everywhere I see he is listed as a WR but one says ATH so I guess he probably could be a DB.

That's always possible when they're listed as ATHLETE, we really don't know what they're planning for Disterhaupt either but I'm hoping they can sign some true DB's before the cupboard is bare.

Does anyone have a rivals membership? Edgytim has an article on Jesse Bobbit, and I was wondering what it says. Looks like he is visiting SDSU this weekend, but I was wondering if the article mentioned any UND possibilities.

Does anyone have a rivals membership? Edgytim has an article on Jesse Bobbit, and I was wondering what it says. Looks like he is visiting SDSU this weekend, but I was wondering if the article mentioned any UND possibilities.

Not anything new on UND in the article. Just stated he has offers from UND & Eastern Illinois. His first official visit is to SDSU this weekend. Also has been hearing from Indiana, Vanderbilt & Western Michigan. Basically, all 3 have told him to "stay patient".

• Upvote 1

So we have a fairly big recruiting weekend it seems, and I've heard the weather up there may not be the best. Hopefully everyone is able to make it up there and have a good time. Hopefully we get a few chest bumps (specifically looking at Mr. Thurman :) ) by Sunday. Has anyone heard of others that are going to be on campus this weekend?

I see in a WSN headline that UND offeree and SU committed Nathan Tanguay (DE from WI) has "other options" I assume that means he received a PWO offer from UW or UM.

He received an offer from Western Michigan and if you want some good comedy go check out Bville and read their responses to Travis from Wissports who filled them in on the news.

He received an offer from Western Michigan and if you want some good comedy go check out Bville and read their responses to Travis from Wissports who filled them in on the news.

I love it. He pretty much officially hates their fans now based on his response. But remember, they aren't arrogant.

Damn they raked him over the coals for picking an FBS school over the almighty FU? I hope all recruits who are debating whether or not to go to NDSU reads that, and the whole NDSU is better than the MAC? Didn't Bison fans want to join the MAC after their WAC plans went south? Maybe WMU has programs as attractive or better than NDSU...oh wait academics means nothing to college kids.

My favorite quote was the NIU was the only good team in the conference. They conveniently forget that Kent State would also have been in a BCS bowl had they beat NIU in the MAC title game. One of the things that boggles my mind about Bison fans is how they build up a perception and refuse to change it regardless of changing circumstances. Ex: "The MAC sucks, we beat their champion 3 years ago" or "Montana State and the Big Sky Conference as a whole are terrible. We beat Montana State 3 years ago and got screwed out of a win over EWU" or "We're 2-1 against Minnesota. They'll never have as good a program as us"

Damn they raked him over the coals for picking an FBS school over the almighty FU? I hope all recruits who are debating whether or not to go to NDSU reads that, and the whole NDSU is better than the MAC? Didn't Bison fans want to join the MAC after their WAC plans went south? Maybe WMU has programs as attractive or better than NDSU...oh wait academics means nothing to college kids.

I refuse to go to BV - so the kid has officially verballed to WMU?

• Upvote 1

No, he got an offer from them and apparently told Travis (from Wissport) that he was thinking about reopening his recruiting to see what happens. Once Travis posted this some posters pretty much told him he's worthless and many bashed the MAC as a whole, saying the MVFC is a better conference.

I refuse to go to BV - so the kid has officially verballed to WMU?

Travis's update over there just made it sound like WMU offered and the kid was rethinking his commitment. Of course, after they attacked him for even hinting a kid would choose WMU over NDSU he said was going to stop posting NDSU updates to their board. So there's likely been an update we're not aware of.

Travis's update over there just made it sound like WMU offered and the kid was rethinking his commitment. Of course, after they attacked him for even hinting a kid would choose WMU over NDSU he said was going to stop posting NDSU updates to their board. So there's likely been an update we're not aware of.

Remember when that kid choose Wisconsin over UND, did we crap all over him? No, we wished him well. Those NDSU people that crapped all over this kid should just wish him well in whatever he chooses. They act like Travis went to all their homes and kicked their dog.

Just imagine last year when Travis came on here to give updates on Schobert, if we would have had users who told him to !@#$ off and that he wasn't good at his job. How can you fault a kid for wanting to play at the highest level available to him and how can you fault a reporter for doing his job and reporting it?

• Upvote 1

Here was the problem from my perspective. Travis posted a whole day earlier stating he will have "something" for Bison fans the next day. So after the LeBron like pat on the back to himself, he posts that a kid is considering opening up his recruitment. Talk about breaking news. While I agree that posters are acting like he shot someone, the way he went about it was a little "me, me, me" as well.

Goes with today's message board world I guess. Everyone wants to break some news and everyone is a tough guy.

Here was the problem from my perspective. Travis posted a whole day earlier stating he will have "something" for Bison fans the next day. So after the LeBron like pat on the back to himself, he posts that a kid is considering opening up his recruitment. Talk about breaking news. While I agree that posters are acting like he shot someone, the way he went about it was a little "me, me, me" as well.

Goes with today's message board world I guess. Everyone wants to break some news and everyone is a tough guy.

So please explain what that has to do with your fanbase ripping the MAC and all the teams in it? They went off the deep end and most of their ranting had nothing to do with Travis.

• Upvote 1

It's amazing how insecure they are over there after just winning a second consecutive championship. They're like Ben stillers character in dodgeball

That's as accurate a description as I can think of. They presumably have everything they could want over there, but the least bit of negative news throws them into a tizzy. If the program is bigger than one recruit you'd think re-opening his recruitment for FBS offers would be water off a duck's back. Their snarky treatment of Travis was, even for bisonville, surprising.

That's as accurate a description as I can think of. They presumably have everything they could want over there, but the least bit of negative news throws them into a tizzy. If the program is bigger than one recruit you'd think re-opening his recruitment for FBS offers would be water off a duck's back. Their snarky treatment of Travis was, even for bisonville, surprising.

The Bison Media Blog is in an uproar over Dom Izzo suggesting NDSU schedule UND to take the place of W. Carolina who is backing out. One reply from a Bison fan suggested NDSU just bring in a MAC team for 150,000....yes BRING IN a MAC team. Sorry bud even NDSU isn't getting any FBS team to the Fargodome no matter how many home games you want.

You are projecting a "LeBron" quality on Travis for using the word "something"? Using the word "something" equates to "me, me, me,"? I may have missed it, but did Travis make his announcement of "something" on a primetime special? A live webcast?

Something is just...something. Whatever weight or expectation that gets attached to that word is on the reader. Travis said he would have "something" the next day. And he did...no more, no less. The fact that bisonville posters attached a significance to the word "something" which rose to the level of the Lebron decision, is a direct reflection of their expectations. Unrealistic expectations are the foundation of resentment...as we saw with the irrational reaction on bisonville.

• Upvote 4

So please explain what that has to do with your fanbase ripping the MAC and all the teams in it? They went off the deep end and most of their ranting had nothing to do with Travis.

I can't defend that. Kid can do whatever he wants IMHO. Not much help for you there.

Want my personal opinion? From my perspective what good is going to a MAC school? NDSU just had 6 extra home games plus 2 NC title games in front of a jammed house every week and good fan following on the road. Why go to a lower level FBS conference when the best you are gonna get is 6 weeks off between games and your rear handed to you (NIU) or a trip to Detroit for a bowl game with a bunch of crickets.

Once again, my opinion. Kid can choose to do what he wants. No use ripping him or ripping the MAC either.

The Bison Media Blog is in an uproar over Dom Izzo suggesting NDSU schedule UND to take the place of W. Carolina who is backing out. One reply from a Bison fan suggested NDSU just bring in a MAC team for 150,000....yes BRING IN a MAC team. Sorry bud even NDSU isn't getting any FBS team to the Fargodome no matter how many home games you want.

My Dad would have called that 'getting too big for your britches'.

I'm not sure scheduling that game if offered would be the best idea, playing NDSU between the 2 Montana's in consecutive weeks would be brutal.

Makes me laugh that Bison fans are in an uproar over the mention of it, if I'm NDSU and have the chance to play UND in a one-time game at home considering they'll probably win easily I would jump at it.