SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Possible. But mannausau is the Wisconsin guy so might be Hamilton high school in Wisconsin as well. How big was the kid?

We have an offer to TE Tony Gumina, 6'3”, 225, Sussex (Hamilton Chargers), WI. I was up about 15 rows in the stands at the BB game, but this size would seem to be a good fit.

We have an offer to TE Tony Gumina, 6'3”, 225, Sussex (Hamilton Chargers), WI. I was up about 15 rows in the stands at the BB game, but this size would seem to be a good fit.

Gumina would be an awesome get.

Can't wait for signing day - hopefully Norberg is going to be onboard.

Just curious, how heavily recruited was Greg Hardin when he committed here? Was everyone excited about him?

It was more difficult to follow the activity around specific prospects back then but I followed it quite closely. I don't think he received a great deal of attention coming out the Bellevue West.

Just curious, how heavily recruited was Greg Hardin when he committed here? Was everyone excited about him?

I believe UND was his only dI offer. He was listed at the time as a potential Cornhusker walk-on. I think it's safe to say he's exceeded all reasonable expectations at UND.

Since signing day is almost upon us, which major targets of ours are still uncommitted?

Besides Norberg and possibly the TE that was speculated on being in town this weekend, I don't think any. I think its now a dead period in recruiting so the only contact we can have with a recruit is if they call. Not too much recruiting left to be done.

Since signing day is almost upon us, which major targets of ours are still uncommitted?

My thoughts:

RB Direll Clark, 6'1”, 225, Lake Villa (Lakes Community), IL (3 Star - Scout) Has offers from Purdue, E IL & W KY

TE Tony Gumina, 6'3”, 225, Sussex (Hamilton), WI (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from USD, NDSU, UNI & Ball St

OL Mike Langman, 6'5”, 255, Naperville (Naperville North), IL Has offers from USD, Yale & Dartmouth

DE Grant Bartell, 6'3”, 245, New Lenox (Lincoln Way Central), IL Has offer from IN St

DE Dean Helt, 6'6”, 225, Waunakee (Waunakee), WI Has offers from IL St & W IL

DE Logan Neitzke, 6'4”, 225, Appleton (North), WI (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from USD, Air Force, Army & UW (PWO)

LB Jareid Combs, 6'4”, 225, Mpls (DeLaSalle), MN (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from SDSU, IL St & ISU

LB Mike Redmond, 6'4”, 220, 4.7, Minnetonka (Minnetonka), MN (2 Star - Rivals) Has offers from UNI, IL St & Iowa (PWO)

I am sure we don't have a shot at some of these kids but I would have them at the top of the list. There are undoubtedly others that we don't know about.

It is interesting to note that RB Kani Benoit once again is listed in Rivals as uncommitted. He first verballed to CSU, then to UNLV. ****Just checked ESPN - they have him going to Oregon!

My thoughts:

RB Direll Clark, 6'1”, 225, Lake Villa (Lakes Community), IL (3 Star - Scout) Has offers from Purdue, E IL & W KY

TE Tony Gumina, 6'3”, 225, Sussex (Hamilton), WI (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from USD, NDSU, UNI & Ball St

OL Mike Langman, 6'5”, 255, Naperville (Naperville North), IL Has offers from USD, Yale & Dartmouth

DE Grant Bartell, 6'3”, 245, New Lenox (Lincoln Way Central), IL Has offer from IN St

DE Dean Helt, 6'6”, 225, Waunakee (Waunakee), WI Has offers from IL St & W IL

DE Logan Neitzke, 6'4”, 225, Appleton (North), WI (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from USD, Air Force, Army & UW (PWO)

LB Jareid Combs, 6'4”, 225, Mpls (DeLaSalle), MN (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from SDSU, IL St & ISU

LB Mike Redmond, 6'4”, 220, 4.7, Minnetonka (Minnetonka), MN (2 Star - Rivals) Has offers from UNI, IL St & Iowa (PWO)

I am sure we don't have a shot at some of these kids but I would have them at the top of the list. There are undoubtedly others that we don't know about.

It is interesting to note that RB Kani Benoit once again is listed in Rivals as uncommitted. He first verballed to CSU, then to UNLV. ****Just checked ESPN - they have him going to Oregon!

Benoit got offered by Oregon last night, so that was the reason for the switch.

Out of your list, Direll Clark has had us listed as low interest for quite some time on scout, so he's about as unlikely as they come. Gumina is a possibility, so we'll see how that one shakes out. I'm assuming we're maxed out on OL, so Langman is likely a no-go. Bartell and Helt would be good ones to land, but some of our unknown committed kids might be DE so they might not be in our plans anymore either. Neitzke is going to Mankato last I heard, and we had quit recruiting him a while before that. Combs I have heard is a possible academic non-qualifier, but he's also had UND as "Low" on his interest list so also would have been very unlikely. Redmond is a guy I really want, but I haven't really heard a thing on him. My understanding is he wants to be close to home, and St Thomas is a real possibility for him. He's a guy I'd really love to get.

Hopefully the tweet from Hammer means Norberg called today and solidified his commitment.

I like the added coverage Hammer has given recruiting this year. The SFI guys do a fantastic job and now you add Hammer digging up some info as well on Reyes, Carr, Stockwell and now possibly Norberg.