SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. UNA

ramses

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense was un-freaking-believable in the first half. They absolutely dominated. Then they only followed that up with a very, very good second half. The best they have played since the last semifinal game. This was far and away the best game UND has played all year. The special teams were great, the offense was great, the defense was beyond great.

I've got a huge headache for the 3rd week in a row. Oh well. :silly:

There were about 10,000 people I believe. I'm almost glad there weren't more people there because it was loud. If it would've been full, I think my eardrums may have broke. :silly:

The students were louder than usual, but the difference was the regular people. They did a helluva job. They were on their feet alot, not just on 3rd down. UNA did a pretty good job of handling it though, they only had one (shoulda had two) delay of game penalties.

There were about 10,000 people I believe. I'm almost glad there weren't more people there because it was loud. If it would've been full, I think my eardrums may have broke. :silly:

The students were louder than usual, but the difference was the regular people. They did a helluva job. They were on their feet alot, not just on 3rd down. UNA did a pretty good job of handling it though, they only had one (shoulda had two) delay of game penalties.

I couldn't agree more. The regular fans were really awesome. That was a great win.

Has anything been said about the injuries? Seemed like a lot of guys were getting banged up. I suppose we might have to wait until tomorrow. I sure hope no one misses the NC. Especially Lueck.

Edited by cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali

The bottom line on the game- UND was a much better team up front on both sides of the ball. You can have all the speed in the world, but it's useless if you're getting manhandled at the point of attack.

The fake FG was a brilliant playcall by the coaching staff. Glas wasn't having his best day and the difference between having a 13 point lead and a 17 point lead was huge at that point in the game.

For as much team speed as UNA was supposed to have, UND dominated in the special teams. The wall that the return team set up on those two long punt returns by Lueck was a thing of beauty.

I'm not sure if there is a better defensive coordinator at any level of college football than Bubba Schweigert. He adjusted to those fake screens that were pulling the corners up and that led to the big interception by Manke. The DL and LBs did a terrific job of recognizing the middle screen and backing off on the pass rush. Bubba even had the NT playing a short zone a few times.

I was a little worried when Lueck and Ahlers went down and the Sioux had to play a couple of receivers short in the second half. I thought Mussman did a nice job of going to more conservative playcalls and two TE sets and relying on the OL to control the game. A great job all the way around.