SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. the playoff field

Bisonfan1234

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think NDSU could definately beat any of the teams in the play-off field. We beat Montana, remember? They're better than any of those teams.

Stop pulling crap from your arse and trying to smear it all over this message board......Ass Clown

Are you saying that Montana isn't a better program than any D2 team?

Then the 1AA National Title game should be St. Cloud vs UND by your logic. The only postseason action you guys will get for the next 6 years will come straight from Bob Entzion.

BisonFan,

To think that your bisons could even beat one of the final four teams is insane let alone beat all four of them. ND already proved that they can beat you this year. Sorry but a 3 loss season isn't good enough for anything anymore. better luck next year :)

I think NDSU could definately beat any of the teams in the play-off field. We beat Montana, remember? They're better than any of those teams.

Ahh yes. Still living vicariously through UND. WAAAAA! WAAAAAA! They are proving it by visiting this board on a consistent basis. 8-3 this coming off of a DEAD LAST performance last year. NDSU will and always want to be just like UND!

Jealousy runs deep. Lets see should I go and watch the the #1 ranked team in DIVISION 1 hockey play or should I stay home and watch the bisssssson men play Mayville State in Basketball. Lets see should I go to a Division II national semifinal game in Grand Forks or should I watch the bisssssson woman volleyball team play.

What a tough decision!

NDSU=Nothing to do.....except breed cows.

UND=Playing for national championships.....always.

Ahh yes. Still living vicariously through UND. WAAAAA! WAAAAAA! They are proving it by visiting this board on a consistent basis. 8-3 this coming off of a DEAD LAST performance last year. NDSU will and always want to be just like UND!

Jealousy runs deep. Lets see should I go and watch the the #1 ranked team in DIVISION 1 hockey play or should I stay home and watch the bisssssson men play Mayville State in Basketball. Lets see should I go to a Division II national semifinal game in Grand Forks or should I watch the bisssssson woman volleyball team play.

What a tough decision!

NDSU=Nothing to do.....except breed cows.

UND=Playing for national championships.....always.

What was the score of UND vs. University of Mary?

We don't aspire to be like UND, we aspire to be better than them. It's not like they're better than us now, though. I'd say we're even. But now we're D1 and they're D2.

The fact that UND has D1 hockey is a fluke of the NCAA. They let a D2 school have D1 hockey because there are very few schools that play Hockey.

But IMO the NCAA shouldn't let schools have one sport be D1 and the rest of the sports be D2. So UND, UMD, Bemidji, etc would be D2 hockey while the true D1 schools like Minnesota, Maine, Wisconsin would be D1 hockey.

We don't aspire to be like UND, we aspire to be better than them. It's not like they're better than us now, though. I'd say we're even. But now we're D1 and they're D2.

The fact that UND has D1 hockey is a fluke of the NCAA. They let a D2 school have D1 hockey because there are very few schools that play Hockey.

But IMO the NCAA shouldn't let schools have one sport be D1 and the rest of the sports be D2. So UND, UMD, Bemidji, etc would be D2 hockey while the true D1 schools like Minnesota, Maine, Wisconsin would be D1 hockey.

What a friggen moron, that must be 7 flukes eh? Ill take UND over your ag school any day.

In football UND has won 10/13 in games against the Bison, hum now they have to move up to Divison one AA so they don't get beat by UND in football anymore but want they want to to keep playing us on uneven terms, if you can't win on even terms lets have more scholarships.

Oh by the way while we are on the subject of Divison one hockey are rivals Minnesota (UND has won 3 of the last 4 against them) and Wisconsin (UND has beaten them 4 straight) they are behind UND in the title chase. 7>5...

"We don't aspire to be like UND, we aspire to be better than them."

I rest my case. A D-1 school trying to better than a D-2 school.

Until you guys get out from behind UND's shadow...................

UND played U-Mary in football? I must've missed that.

We don't aspire to be like UND...
Other than trying to become a DI hockey school just like UND, right?

...we aspire to be better than them.

It's good to set your sights high, but your goals should at least be realistic.

It's not like they're better than us now, though.
Which school's football team is still playing?

I had no idea that you knew so little about hockey. I hope you didn't strain anything coming up that thought.

But IMO the NCAA shouldn't let schools have one sport be D1 and the rest of the sports be D2.
Shouldn't your reasoning also apply to football? If NDSU wants to be DI, make it play real DI football schools like Oklahoma instead of pretending to be a DI school.

So UND, UMD, Bemidji, etc would be D2 hockey while the true D1 schools like Minnesota, Maine, Wisconsin would be D1 hockey.

The difference is that UND rountinely beats "real" DI hockey schools such as Minnesota, Maine and Wisconsin and has more national championships than any of them. But facts just seem to confuse you, so I probably shouldn't bring them up.

:):);)

Did I miss something here?...when are they bringing back D2 hockey ;)

Bison fans...please stick to commenting on football. As you can see when you try to talk hockey with Sioux fans...you are made to look very very stupid (i.e. normal). See we beat the "real" D1 hockey teams, you will get destroyed by"real" D1 football teams (Oklahoma, Minnesota, Notre Dame, USC, Troy St. ;) )

Last time I checked there were a lot of D2 schools with DI hockey teams. Teams like SCSU, UMD are two off the top of my head. Heck, RPI, Colorado College, Union, and Clarkson are DIII schools with DI hockey programs!

The bitterness of some NDSU fans are simply staggering. Pride doesn't necessarily come with intelligence, because intelligent fans can admit when their team has been bested. Case in point, earlier in the season, UND's hockey team lost to Boston College. We were disappointed but everyone basically said "They played better than us and we just stunk." That's what I am talking about.

Whining and moaning about how much better your team is is irrelevant at the end of the season if your team didn't make the playoffs. It's really that simple. So, I suggest that, unless your team is currently playing (Which eliminates everyone but UND, GVSU, UNA, and that school TAMUK (?) whoever they are), you have no real legitamite right to whine.

Life is full of disappointments, folks. On Saturday, two of the four teams playing will be disappointed. Then in the NC game, one more will be disappointed. That's life.

I had no idea that you knew so little about hockey. I hope you didn't strain anything coming up that thought.

Shouldn't your reasoning also apply to football? If NDSU wants to be DI, make it play real DI football schools like Oklahoma instead of pretending to be a DI school.

The difference is that UND rountinely beats "real" DI hockey schools such as Minnesota, Maine and Wisconsin and has more national championships than any of them. But facts just seem to confuse you, so I probably shouldn't bring them up.

Beautiful PCM! Simply Beautiful!

GO SIOUUUUUUUX!

to all NDSU fans. You want your team to be better? I believe your school turned down an offer to come play in Allendale against us next year. I think they were afraid that the two loses to D-2 schools in Grand Valley and UND would look really bad in one year.

to all NDSU fans. You want your team to be better? I believe your school turned down an offer to come play in Allendale against us next year. I think they were afraid that the two loses to D-2 schools in Grand Valley and UND would look really bad in one year.

Oooooh, even a Laker fan is dissin'! To quote McDonald's "I'm Lovin' it!"

-No, they lost to them in Basketball by alot.

- We arn't trying to be a D1 hockey school

- Being better than UND is a very realistic goal

-I think you misunderstood what i was saying. I wasn't saying that UND hockey wasn't good enough to be in D1, obviously they are. What i was saying is that since all your other sports are D2...then your hockey should be D2. You shouldn't get to play D1 hockey unless you're a "real" D1 school (meaning that all your sports are D1). Also, in case you didn't know, a D1 school can have football in D1AA.

- UND does routinely beat real D1 schools. But UND isn't a D1 school! THey're a D2 school and they should be forced to play hockey at the D2 level with the rest of the D2 schools that have D1 hockey.

UND does routinely beat real D1 schools. But UND isn't a D1 school! THey're a D2 school and they should be forced to play hockey at the D2 level with the rest of the D2 schools that have D1 hockey.

Imagine the banner space we would need in the REA. Imagine.

taz

Also, in case you didn't know, a D1 school can have football in D1AA.

But it isn't the real D1 by your own definition. They aren't in the same division as Minnesota, Michigan, Miami, etc. By your own definition, NDSU should have to play in the same division as these teams in FB. You can't say it's OK for NDSU, but isn't ok for UND. Whether it is one sport with the big schools or one sport without the big schools doesn't matter. You are changing your view based on what would benefit NDSU.