SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. the playoff field

Bisonfan1234

So what if they're in a D3 conference??? They're D2 for hockey, just like UND should be. Once D2 hockey gets enough members (hopefully the NCAA will come to their senses and mandate that UND go D2) there will be a national title.

If you think i'm lying about Crookston being D2, then go to the website. It says right on there that they're D2 in hockey and that there are 7 D2 hockey schools (soon to increase i'm sure).

I'm not jealous of your 7 national titles in hockey. Maybe if NDSU had hockey i would be, but i'm not. Just like you're not jealous of all our wrestling national titles.

could a new thread be started for this so we can stick to semifinal predictions?

here are mine again...

TAMUK 24 GVSU 21

UND 36 UNA 35

Talent-wise I think GVSU and UNA are slightly better (no flame intended)... however the homefield will come up big in both instances with crowds greater than 10K

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if they're in a D3 conference??? They're D2 for hockey, just like UND should be. Once D2 hockey gets enough members (hopefully the NCAA will come to their senses and mandate that UND go D2) there will be a national title.

UND has been competing at D1 hockey since 1929. CC (D3 for other sports) since 1937. Without CC...there is no Broadmoor trophy. UND has one of the best traditions in D1 hockey. There was a national title...I believe as late as 2000 (someone can correct me)...they did away with it for a reason. Plus, no one in the D1 hockey community will let the NCAA get away with mandating UND go D2, or CC go D3.

If you think i'm lying about Crookston being D2, then go to the website. It says right on there that they're D2 in hockey and that there are 7 D2 hockey schools (soon to increase i'm sure).
If you would have actually read my post you'd see that I acknowleged that those 7 schools were indeed listed as D2...My point was they compete at D3...nobody competes in D2 hockey.

I'm not jealous of your 7 national titles in hockey. Maybe if NDSU had hockey i would be, but i'm not. Just like you're not jealous of all our wrestling national titles.

Nobody cares about wrestling...if you don't care about hockey, why do you care where UND is in the ranks (currently...number 1, Div. 1 :D )?

UND has been competing at D1 hockey since 1929. CC (D3 for other sports) since 1937. Without CC...there is no Broadmoor trophy. UND has one of the best traditions in D1 hockey. There was a national title...I believe as late as 2000 (someone can correct me)...they did away with it for a reason. Plus, no one in the D1 hockey community will let the NCAA get away with mandating UND go D2, or CC go D3.

If you would have actually read my post you'd see that I acknowleged that those 7 schools were indeed listed as D2...My point was they compete at D3...nobody competes in D2 hockey.

Nobody cares about wrestling...if you don't care about hockey, why do you care where UND is in the ranks (currently...number 1, Div. 1 :D )?

So what if UND,CC, Denver, BostonU, or whatever teams have been playing D1. They should be mandated to either move to D1 fully or drop their hockey teams down to their respective classifications.

Like i've been saying for this whole thread, regardless of what is actually happening in the NCAA, it's my opinion that the NCAA should do as i proposed. The D1 name and brand should be only for schools that commit themselves to being D1 by putting all their sports in D1 (or D1A/D1AA for football). Schools shouldn't be allowed to say "we're D1" simply because they have one sport in D1, even if it's their image sport (too bad....if you want your image sport to stay D1 then get some balls and move up to D1).

No one cares about wrestling, no one cares about hockey. Your point?

I care about hockey. That's MY point.

I care about hockey. And Bison1234, I think you are full of !@$!. You see, you say in an earlier post that you are the first to admit that NDSU isn't the greatest or whatever. Well, I think you are lying. I think UND being better than NDSU this year in several sports is threatening to you. It threatens your identity as a sports fan. So, you attack UND's program and one entirely unrelated to football and this entire thread.

I've alwasy known NDSU to be a football school. I will always consider them to be a football school. You can come here and talk smack about our football team and no one will think the wiser, but to talk smack about a sport that your school doesn't have let alone is known for is just low. I do not take offense to you disliking UND. That part is plainly evident and you have your right to be that way. I am offended that you see the need to attack a program that most if not all UND students take pride in very deeply. The NCAA rules were already quoted so you can see we are not pulling any fast ones on the NCAA. We are also not DIAA for various reasons in football that could be debated and was. So we will not be known as a football school. Our loss. But I take pride in our hockey tradition regardless of whether or not you care about hockey.

That said, I'd appreciate you either start talking football or leave this board. Talk smack about our hockey team on the NDSU board if you want. Live and let live, pal. There's more to life than bashing a celebrated program.

Just to be clear...no one said we're a D1 school. Just a D1 HOCKEY school...with 7 national championships. Bison fans just hate the fact that UND won a National Championship at the Division 1 level before NDSU, in any sport. And don't think that for a second that if the NCAA DOES get stoned and listen to Bisonfan1234 and mandate that UND must be all D1 or D2, that the alumni won't be putting pressure on the AD to make the move to an all D1 school, just to keep the hockey tradition.

BTW...I care about hockey too. It's the greatest game on earth.

- No one cares about hockey. When i said that i had full knowledge that anyone associated with UND loves hockey. What i was pointing out is that on a national level no one cares about hockey. Seriously, UM-Twin Cities wins every year anyway. Minnesota is the only state in the union that has any hockey talent. Every college team has a guy from MN, it's just the way it is. UND hockey has survived and thrived on MN hockey talent. Build it and they will come, eh?

- Dave, football is the only sport that has D1A. Every other sport is simply called D1 or D2. All our sports are D1. In football you're D1 if: you're in D1A or if: your're in D1AA. So we're D1. I'm not making up new classifications here. All i'm saying is the NCAA needs to realize that UND and other schools are making alot of money off being D1 in just one sport and it is ruining the D1 image and brand. The NCAA needs to cast down these "pretenders" to D2 where they belong with the rest of their sports. And with the increased membership in D2 they need to bring back the D2 national championshp. They can have it UND for all i care.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

They can have it UND for all i care.

So if you don't care, SHUT UP! You've backed yourself into this hole by being totally ignorant about hockey. When called on that point, you have proceeded to make post after post saying basically the same things.

The Bizon have moved on to D-I (aa). This is a pro-UND message board that does NOT involve NDSU. If you don't have anything constructive to add to this message board, you should move on as well.

Sioux win Saturday 23 - 17.

GVSU defeats TAMKU-90210 27 - 26.

So if you don't care, SHUT UP! You've backed yourself into this hole by being totally ignorant about hockey. When called on that point, you have proceeded to make post after post saying basically the same things.

The Bizon have moved on to D-I (aa). This is a pro-UND message board that does NOT involve NDSU. If you don't have anything constructive to add to this message board, you should move on as well.

Sioux win Saturday 23 - 17.

GVSU defeats TAMKU-90210 27 - 26.

I agree, i'm sick of listening to his babble. He just comes on here to insult people, but since we don't ever kick anyone off, like bisonville does, he gets to continue to insult people.

I agree, i'm sick of listening to his babble.  He just comes on here to insult people, but since we don't ever kick anyone off, like bisonville does, he gets to continue to insult people.

There are clearly some NDSU fans (some--not all) who are completely obsessed with UND. Apparently, it doesn't matter that we won't even be playing each other for at least a few years. The mere fact that bisonfan1234 continues to post here is proof of that obsession. You can bet that had JBB not been booted, he'd also still be here sharing with us his unique brand of idiocy.

It would be nice to get this dolt banned. At the risk of getting this thread locked (please lock it), I don't read his drivel until it's moron dialectized:

No one cares bou' hockey. When i said dat i had full smehts dat anyone associatid wid UND lobes hockey. What i was poitigg out dat on a nashunal lebel no one cares bou' hockey. Sehious, UM-Twinb Cities wins ebehy year anyway. Minnesota is de on state in de uon dat has any hockey talent. Ebehy college team has a guy from MN, it's dgust the, uh, the way it is. UND hockey has surbibid and dribid on MN hockey talent. Build it 'n dey will come, uh uh uh, eh, duh...uh...? - Dabe, uh uh uh, football is de on sport dat has D1A. Ebehy odeh sport is sip callid D1 or D2. All our sports are D1. GEE danks.In football you're D1 if: you're in D1A or if: your're in D1AA. So webuh're D1. I'm not makigg up new classificashuns hehe. All i'm sayigg is de NCAA need t' realize dat UND 'n odeh schools are makigg alot of money off beigg D1 in dgust one sport 'n it is ruinigg de D1 image 'n brand. Duh.De NCAA need t' cast down dese "pretendehs" t' D2 whehe dey belong wid de rest of deir sports. And wid de increasid membehship in D2 dey neid to brigg back de D2 nashunal championshp, GEEEHEEHEEE.Dey can habe it UND f' all i care.

Wow you wasted alot of time sprig. Funny though.

I see that no one figured out that these were only my opinions, not facts. Although i hope this happens which, i think, will force UND to move up to D1 so they can actually be a D1 school.

7 D1 titles, how many D1 titles at NDSU?

Bisonfan1234, people don't care a whole lot about most sports outside of FB, baseball and basketball. No one really cares about D IAA football either. Also if the Gophers are always winning, why does Michigan have more titles, nevermind that other team? UND survived and thrived on Canadian talent until recently. Now they seem to be moving more towards American, not just Minnesota, talent. To say that Minnesota is the only state that produces hockey talent is like saying Texas is the only state that produces football talent. Michigan, Massachusetts, Colorado, Illinois, Alaska and yes North Dakota, among others, produce plenty of talent.

Also as far as UND making alot of money off of hockey, that is true. But when it comes to the national tournament, do you know how much of the money UND gets? $0. This is because they are D2 in other sports, so the NC$$ does realize this, wouldn't you think?

Eskimoes - We have no D1 titles, but at least we are a D1 school. All your titles should be D2 hockey titles, if the NCAA had any sense.

Diggler - I would say that not even baseball gets that much attention. They do have the college world seris, but it's nothing compared to March Madness and the BCS. Perhaps not as many people care about D1AA football as BSC, but they care more than D2. As far as titles go, i never said a thing about the past. I'm talking about the present in which UM is on a 2 year national title winning streak. They're obviously the team to beat. Again, talking about the present, UND has 10 MN players out of 24 on their roster versus only 5 from ND. Obviously UND hockey is good becuase of MN's hockey talent. I will conceed that other states have good talent and ND even has a few good players. However, MN is still the best hockey state in the union and almost every D1 team has a player from MN.

So, like you said, UND makes alot of money off being D1. And they don't ge any money from the D1 tourny. So why do you still waste your time with D1 hockey?! I'm suprised you haven't already petitioned for the D2 tourny to be hosted at the REA (which would bring in alot of money) and for the major hockey reclassification. More than likely UND would be the best D2 team which means more titles instead of losing to teams like Minnesota, Maine, and Boston College. You could still schedule these teams in the regular season anyway.

<snip>blah blah blah </snip>

:D Are you serious? You can't possibly be as stupid as your posts make you out to be. Yeah, UND should lobby for a lower classification in NCAA hockey. The same UND that is second only to Michigan in the number of National Championships won at the highest classification. Makes sense to me... :huh: As I said before, if you don't get hockey, then shut up about it.

Sorry everyone. I just couldn't resist. Were we not discussing football? :D

We don't aspire to be like UND, we aspire to be better than them. It's not like they're better than us now, though. I'd say we're even. But now we're D1 and they're D2.

"The reason they have a guarantee on the box is because they know all they sold you is a guaranteed piece of s&!t. Hell, I can take a crap in a box and slap a guarantee on it if that's all you want!" --Tommy Boy

NDSU's Division One (D1-AA) classification is nothing more than crapping into a box and marking it D1. Nothing will change that until your team can prove itself on the field against real D1 competition. Until then please spare us from your endless rants about what "will be" in the future.

Eskimoes - We have no D1 titles, but at least we are a D1 school. All your titles should be D2 hockey titles, if the NCAA had any sense.

Diggler - I would say that not even baseball gets that much attention. They do have the college world seris, but it's nothing compared to March Madness and the BCS. Perhaps not as many people care about D1AA football as BSC, but they care more than D2. As far as titles go, i never said a thing about the past. I'm talking about the present in which UM is on a 2 year national title winning streak. They're obviously the team to beat. Again, talking about the present, UND has 10 MN players out of 24 on their roster versus only 5 from ND. Obviously UND hockey is good becuase of MN's hockey talent. I will conceed that other states have good talent and ND even has a few good players. However, MN is still the best hockey state in the union and almost every D1 team has a player from MN.

Bisonfan..right now, Minnesota is a sub.500 team. Yes they've won back to back titles. They had not won one since '79 (I think) before that.

More than likely UND would be the best D2 team which means more titles instead of losing to teams like Minnesota, Maine, and Boston College. You could still schedule these teams in the regular season anyway.
Our record against Minnesota and BC this year...3-1. Who's losing to whom?

And yes, Minnesota is the best hockey state...there is nothing in the NCAA rules that the team has to be fielded from the state which the school is in. Michigan and Massachusetts would probably have you know they produce quite a few quality hockey players themselves.

I'm suprised you haven't already petitioned for the D2 tourny to be hosted at the REA (which would bring in alot of money) and for the major hockey reclassification.

For the 18th time...there is NO D2 hockey tournament. We're also pround of the tradition we have at D1...and we do make money, regardless.

Until we prove ourselves against D1 schools?! We beat Montana.

I'd much rather be a D1AA school than a D2 school.

What was UND's record against MN last year and the year before? It doesn't matter does it? MN won the championship both times. Until MN gets knocked out of the national play-offs, they are still the 2-time defending champions.

I was simply suggesting that you could host a D2 national tournament, make alot of money, get a bunch of D2 titles, and bring your hockey to the level that the rest of your sports compete at: D2.

Until we prove ourselves against D1 schools?! We beat Montana.

I'd much rather be a D1AA school than a D2 school.

What was UND's record against MN last year and the year before? It doesn't matter does it? MN won the championship both times. Until MN gets knocked out of the national play-offs, they are still the 2-time defending champions.

I was simply suggesting that you could host a D2 national tournament, make alot of money, get a bunch of D2 titles, and bring your hockey to the level that the rest of your sports compete at: D2.

First, one game proves nothing. And if you think the (we have hockey) reply gets old, imagine what the (but we beat Montana) whine sounds like. Not too mention that our hockey team has a long tradition of excellence and success against the best competition in the nation, and you have ONE win against a D1-AA school.

Second, you are absolutely right. Nothing matters except which team is left standing at the end, and UND has been standing a LOT longer than NDSU.

Lastly, we dont need nor want suggestions from you, especially suggestions on which division or classification we should compete in to "make money." In fact watching you guys mess it up for yourselves is enough. Our hockey team makes plenty of money, no worries there. What is kind of enjoyable is watching you all squirm over this whole ending the rivalry issue, looks like you need us a little more than we need you. Finally, dont you even care about the actual sport anymore, damn, you are worse than the folks at REA, anything for a buck I guess! I understand that with a football team like yours its hard to have pride in the game but honestly, this is COLLEGE football, its about the game.

So, like you said, UND makes alot of money off being D1. And they don't ge any money from the D1 tourny. So why do you still waste your time with D1 hockey?! I'm suprised you haven't already petitioned for the D2 tourny to be hosted at the REA (which would bring in alot of money) and for the major hockey reclassification. More than likely UND would be the best D2 team which means more titles instead of losing to teams like Minnesota, Maine, and Boston College. You could still schedule these teams in the regular season anyway.

This moron sounds a lot like some of the Goofer fans that polute this board. I wonder if he is related to Yellow Turd or Happy or possibly Chris from B.C.?

C'mon, Goon, you have to admit that even most Gopher fans know at least something about hockey. :huh:

But maybe Bison1234 is actually Sid Hart because their hockey knowledge seems to be about the same. Remember when poor Sid was whining about how D II schools like UND and SCSU had an unfair advantage over Minnesota? :D