SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. the playoff field

Bisonfan1234

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us glance a moment into the mind of a Bison Fan........

(Wayne's World.......Dudelo Dudelo Dudelo)

Wait a second......I think I.......yeah, I just had an idea. Our teams are struggling. Basketball is winless. Football just came off of a 2 win season. UND has won 10 out of the last 13 meetings in football. We haven' t done anything in athletics as far as national championships in a long long time. Let's go D-I!!

(Dudelo Dudelo Dudelo)

That is unbelievable. The basketball team will find their improvments during the D-I move up?! Yeah D-II teams are kicking our ass but don't worry, we will fare better when we go to Div I. Good thinking boys.

BTW, for a look into SDSU Fan's mind, simply substitute NDSU for SDSU and give UND 20 more wins in every sport.

We're going D1 because we are making a comittment as a university to upgrade. Part of upgrading our university is moving up to D1. It's as simple as that.

Wouldn't it be to give out better education opportunities and produce better research?

DI athletics is tainted in a variety of ways. It's not an improvement to the university. Finding a cure for AIDS would be. UND will always be a better known UNIVERSITY than state. Sure, you might be better known in sports, but that isn't the only part to a university.

cali and 1234 guess what...

BISON ARE D IAA NOW! UND IS NOT GOING DIAA! END OF STORYLINE! TOPIC OVER! GET OVER IT OR SEEK HELP!

I would kindly ask the administrator to lock threads or delete posts that concern anything with UND going D-IAA. The issue is closed. Talk football or get lost.

If they do't go D1AA then Dale Lennon walks.

If he's interested, he'll certainly get the offers; he got interest last year and it should be much greater this year. Frankly, he deserves to move up; if the institution doesn't move up with him, I'll certainly wish him well at the next level. The Sioux have had great success ever since he's been coach, but this year more than ever it's been obvious how much great coaching has contributed to our success.

We've been fortunate to have him as a coach, and will be lucky to have him as long as we can. He's quite young -- moving up a division would be a great career move for him if he's interested in trying to climb the ranks.

I don't see how he can't move up. He is a great coach. He took a team in 2001 that was pretty good, but wasn't overly talented and won a NC with them. This year he took a team that had even less talent, but could be a good team, and he could win another NC. He finds a way to get the most out of all his players.

Nebraska! :silly:

I don't see how he can't move up. He is a great coach. He took a team in 2001 that was pretty good, but wasn't overly talented and won a NC with them. This year he took a team that had even less talent, but could be a good team, and he could win another NC. He finds a way to get the most out of all his players.

Nebraska! :silly:

Even if Lennon got that job, I just don't think I could root for the cornchuckers.

UND is a D2 school and should be force to play all sports at D2.

Because UND has owned your football team over the last decade or so I imagine you are praying that we continue to play football at the D2 level.

I think it is hilarious that while UND fans will be cheering for their team next weekend and enjoying the buildup to the championship game, you will likely be sitting at your computer posting inane, bitter messages on a SIOUX board. Is that some sort of irony or is it simply pathetic?!

I thought it was great to see the two star NDSU receivers (Burrell and Johnson) at the UND-UNA game. It had to have been great for them to be able to take in the playoff atmosphere that they won't otherwise have a chance to see, UNLESS they're considering transferring? :( Let's see, they could transfer from a I-AA school (wouldn't have to sit out a year), they could contribute at the one position UND will need to fill for next season, they could avoid having to play in the dreaded "Transition Bowl", and they could play their home games in a stadium where the lighting is actually good enough to see a pass thrown their way. Too good to be true? :silly:

I thought it was great to see the two star NDSU receivers (Burrell and Johnson) at the UND-UNA game. It had to have been great for them to be able to take in the playoff atmosphere that they won't otherwise have a chance to see, UNLESS they're considering transferring? :( Let's see, they could transfer from a I-AA school (wouldn't have to sit out a year), they could contribute at the one position UND will need to fill for next season, they could avoid having to play in the dreaded "Transition Bowl", and they could play their home games in a stadium where the lighting is actually good enough to see a pass thrown their way. Too good to be true? :silly:

Yes would be my guess. I think the prospect of contributing to a team going DIAA was one of the reasons why they came to NDSU. If they transfer, I'll be VERY VERY surprised.

We're going D1 because we are making a comittment as a university to upgrade. Part of upgrading our university is moving up to D1. It's as simple as that.

I see you attended the Gene Taylor Bandwagon seminar. What level of team maker are you, anyway?

airmail - you're right, i have no idea what i'm talking about. Although NDSU is upgrading their entire university, obviously there is another reason that NDSU is upgrading athletics to D1. Please enlighten me.

DaveK - you're trying to introduce some sort of psuedo-double standard to try and make my argument illogical. I'll try and explain my argument as simple as possible so you won't have to resort to this in the future. In the NCAA, D2 has only 1(one) classification for football: D2. D1, however, has 2(two) classifcations for football: D1A and D1AA. Thus, if you play D1A *or* D1AA football, you're a D1 school. This is a true statement, ask the NCAA if you don't believe me. OK, with that in mind, UND plays every sport at the D2 level except hockey. NDSU (starting the 2004-2005 academic year) will play every sport at the D1 level. My argument is this: why should UND get to play one sport at D1 level when the rest are at the D2 level? So my proposal is that the NCAA revamp the hockey classifications to allow D2 schools with D1 hockey to play hockey at the D2 level with a national championship. That's all i'm saying.

The rule applies in every sport except football and basketball. So a total of three (BB mens and womens) of the more than 50 NCAA sponsored activities. Who is the exception? The point of IAAA schools was brought up. At least they conduct all their sports at the DI level. Maybe NDSU should just drop football and then they would be a legitimate DI school across the board.