SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Hockey @ Target Field?

choyt3

I thought Minnesota couldn't make it work at TCF Bank Stadium with just one event, so I would think that they would have to get pretty creative to make this work.

Beer can be sold at Target Field, but not at TCF. TCF also isn't winterized. Not sure about Target.

To really work, the game would almost have to be the Gophers vs Sioux.

Flyers Vs. Rangers at Eagle's stadium this winter. Might actually watch it if the flyers are looking any good. To the gentleman who said it'd have to be Gophers vs. UND, I think you are forgetting about Wisconsin. Both Wisconsin and UND could bring in pretty good numbers I would imagine.

Flyers Vs. Rangers at Eagle's stadium this winter. Might actually watch it if the flyers are looking any good. To the gentleman who said it'd have to be Gophers vs. UND, I think you are forgetting about Wisconsin. Both Wisconsin and UND could bring in pretty good numbers I would imagine.

How enraged would gopher fans be if this happened? For that reason alone, lets do it!

Johnboy,

The Flyers outdoor game will be at Citizens Bank Park,where the Philadelphia Phillies play. The Phillies and eagles used to play at the same stadium,Veterans Stadium,but that has been torn down. The Eagles and Temple play at Lincoln Financial Field. If you ever get a chance to see the Philadelphia Sports Complex,it is GREAT. Two stadiums and an arena,all right next to each other.

Johnboy,

The Flyers outdoor game will be at Citizens Bank Park,where the Philadelphia Phillies play. The Phillies and eagles used to play at the same stadium,Veterans Stadium,but that has been torn down. The Eagles and Temple play at Lincoln Financial Field. If you ever get a chance to see the Philadelphia Sports Complex,it is GREAT. Two stadiums and an arena,all right next to each other.

Whoops, thanks for the correction! I don't know why I randomly dismissed the possibility of the Phillies stadium.

And LetsGoSioux! I meant that Minnesota could play Wisconsin....I doubt UND vs. Wisconsin would be done at Target Field....in the U of M's hometown. Yes, that'd enrage quite a few people I'd presume haha

Beer can be sold at Target Field, but not at TCF. TCF also isn't winterized. Not sure about Target.

To really work, the game would almost have to be the Gophers vs Sioux.

I believe that Target Field is winterized, I thought when they first opened they had this big deal about how the ground is heated and how they take rain water that is on the field and reuse it throughout the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a twitter user........is this posted anywhere else?

Not that I've seen, but it would make sense considering UNO had to drop out of the Winnipeg game this year, and at the time it sounded like UND and UNO had hoped to team up on another event.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Not Target Field, but I did see this on twitter:

Interesting. I'm not particularly fond of outdoor hockey games as I think the novelty is wearing thin, but this could be fun.

Does it even get cold enough in Omaha to host an outdoor game? That's pretty far south if you ask me.

Average high is 38 it looks like in February

Does it even get cold enough in Omaha to host an outdoor game? That's pretty far south if you ask me.

The rinks they build up for the Winter Classic and other outdoor games have cooling coils running through the ice just like indoor rinks. That's part of why it's so expensive, I'm sure.

Its warmer than 38 degrees in the Ralph too isn't it? I wouldn't imagine it being that big of a deal if they got cooling coils or whatever some post had in it.

Its warmer than 38 degrees in the Ralph too isn't it? I wouldn't imagine it being that big of a deal if they got cooling coils or whatever some post had in it.

The NHL outdoor game from a year or two ago was a joke due to the ice conditions...there was also the game in Pittsburgh? where it rained through about half of the game...did they have the cooling coils? If so, they don't work so well...