Sioux Falls @ #22 McNeese State University

San Diego @ UC-Davis

Northwestern Oklahoma State @ #23 South Dakota

#10 Eastern Washington @ #11 Montana 2:00

Minot State @ #4 Montana State 2:30

Northern Colorado @ Idaho State 5:00

Northern Arizona @ Portland State 7:00

#24 Sacramento State @ Weber State 7:00

All of the Big Sky games will be on Big Sky TV.

Rankings per FCS Coaches Poll.

It'll be interesting to see how the USF/McNeese game goes.

Missourri S&T @ Drake

Idaho @ aTm

Black Hills St @ South Dakota Tech

UTSA @ Southern Utah

Montana-Western @ Carroll College

South Dakota St. @ Cal Poly

Northern Colorado @ Idaho State

Sioux Falls @ #22 McNeese State University

San Diego @ UC-Davis

Northwestern Oklahoma State @ #23 South Dakota

#10 Eastern Washington @ #11 Montana 2:00

Minot State @ #4 Montana State 2:30

Northern Colorado @ Idaho State 5:00

Northern Arizona @ Portland State 7:00

#24 Sacramento State @ Weber State 7:00

All of the Big Sky games will be on Big Sky TV.

Rankings per FCS Coaches Poll.

It'll be interesting to see how the USF/McNeese game goes.

Montana Western leads Carroll 12-7 at the end of one

Montana State leads Minot State 10-0 in the first

Montana has the lead on EWU 10-3 with 8 minutes left in the second

All the other games are on later it appears.

EWU had a 4th and goal from the half yard line, and Bo Levi Mitchell went for a jump pass which was picked off and returned to the EWU 20 (Montana got an unsportsmanlike and will start at the 37 with 44 seconds left in the half). This could be quite the turn of events if Montana can capitalize.

EDIT: And Montana State is about to go in and score, which would make it 24-0, with 10 minutes left in the second quarter

We've been laying it on the Bobcat fans pretty thick this week about scheduling Minot State..."Who's next, Mayville?" :lol:

Who cares, none of the top schools even recognize us as a football program, so we need to start to prove them wrong. Like it or not we are the St. Francis' of the FCS right now in football.

• Downvote 1

Who cares, none of the top schools even recognize us as a football program, so we need to start to prove them wrong. Like it or not we are the St. Francis' of the FCS right now in football.

South Dakota is starting to make a name for themselves with wins over Minnesota and Eastern Washington. UND needs to play big name FCS teams and WIN!!! UND's last big win 2009 vs #16 Cal Poly. On October 1st we need to go to Cedar City and beat Southern Utah to prove that we can not only beat a FCS team but do it on the road. This team needs confidence and it showed a little bit in that first half against Idaho before the wall collapsed. We need to play a solid game against Fresno St. If we lose by 20 or less that would be respectable, but if we lose 55-0 it could be a long season.

South Dakota is starting to make a name for themselves with wins over Minnesota and Eastern Washington. UND needs to play big name FCS teams and WIN!!! UND's last big win 2009 vs #16 Cal Poly.

Cal Poly finished that season 4-7. UND's last big win was when they were DII

Montana beats EWU 17-14.

Was at this game...let me just say this, UND has a loooooong ways to go to get to what I saw and experienced this afternoon. 26K+ wearing maroon and/or silver going nuts for 4+ hrs. in a GREAT outdoor stadium. Both the Griz and EWU passed the eyeball test and had talent all over the field on both sides of the ball. UND is getting to a great conference next year, but if what I saw is the norm in the Big Sky UND will be in trouble for a couple of years from a competitive standpoint. Both teams went for it on 4th down, took chances to WIN the game and the coaching dwarfs what UND has from both teams on both sides of the ball. Was just a great college FB game in a terrfic college atmosphere.

Was at this game...let me just say this, UND has a loooooong ways to go to get to what I saw and experienced this afternoon. 26K+ wearing maroon and/or silver going nuts for 4+ hrs. in a GREAT outdoor stadium. Both the Griz and EWU passed the eyeball test and had talent all over the field on both sides of the ball. UND is getting to a great conference next year, but if what I saw is the norm in the Big Sky UND will be in trouble for a couple of years from a competitive standpoint. Both teams went for it on 4th down, took chances to WIN the game and the coaching dwarfs what UND has from both teams on both sides of the ball. Was just a great college FB game in a terrfic college atmosphere.

UND was competitive in that environment last year without a quarterback. Add a few more weapons and a game plan that will utilize the talent we have and we could be competitve, especially at the Alerus Center if the fans support them in the Big Sky.

• Upvote 3

UND was competitive in that environment last year without a quarterback. Add a few more weapons and a game plan that will utilize the talent we have and we could be competitve, especially at the Alerus Center if the fans support them in the Big Sky.

Last year was last year...what I saw vs. Drake and what I saw from the two teams today wasn't close to the same talent...even with our "better" QB this year. The Big Sky is a great conference with some very good teams. UND will need to build to get to the level of play I saw today. Maybe next week's game vs. Black Hills might change my mind though??

Game plan? Have you watched a Muss coached team in the last couple of years!

Your comment on the Alerus is very true though. The Al seats half of what Griz Stadium does so in theory UND should be able to fill it...you are correct in that fan support is key.

Last year was last year...what I saw vs. Drake and what I saw from the two teams today wasn't close to the same talent...even with our "better" QB this year. The Big Sky is a great conference with some very good teams. UND will need to build to get to the level of play I saw today. Maybe next week's game vs. Black Hills might change my mind though??

Game plan? Have you watched a Muss coached team in the last couple of years!

Your comment on the Alerus is very true though. The Al seats half of what Griz Stadium does so in theory UND should be able to fill it...you are correct in that fan support is key.

A lackluster first game -- which they won, as you may recall -- and you're ready to write off the season? It's obvious you have no regard for Mussman, but why not give the team a chance? It's very much the same as the team that competed at Montana last year, with the addition of a serviceable QB, so maybe there's a chance they'll be more competitive as the season progresses.

UND is losing right now at Fresno State, 14-9 at the end of the first quarter. The rushing yardage so far is UND 104 and Fresno -3, so maybe the coaching is improving.

A lackluster first game -- which they won, as you may recall -- and you're ready to write off the season? It's obvious you have no regard for Mussman, but why not give the team a chance? It's very much the same as the team that competed at Montana last year, with the addition of a serviceable QB, so maybe there's a chance they'll be more competitive as the season progresses.

UND is losing right now at Fresno State, 14-9 at the end of the first quarter. The rushing yardage so far is UND 104 and Fresno -3, so maybe the coaching is improving.

Not writing off the season, but you're correct...I'm not a Muss fan. Thought he should of been let go at end of last year. Joey is a servicable QB and will improve. The game I have marked on the calender is Sioux Falls. They embarrassed us 2 years ago. Anything less than a UND blow-out and then the season is lost.

BTW....UND has given up 190 yards thru the air in a quarter and a half.

The Big Sky conference is one of the top two FCS conferences in the country. Year in and out they have had one of two teams playing for the Nat'l Championship. As an alum and former player I expect UND to compete right away in the conference but being realistic I think you have to allow the program a year or to in the conference to build. UND has proven at times it can play with teams like Montana but consistency not only from game to game but also quarter to quarter are needed. I could have told anyone without being at the game UND is not at the level of the defending Nat'l Champion or one of the premier FCS programs in Montana. But I wouldn't write anyone off as we aren't even in the conference yet.