SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

Over/under on number of days between new nickname selection and Kelley resignation.  I'll say 90 days.   

I'll say over. It's a great prop bet. 

Here's my reasoning. I bet they want to do this as soon as possible. I know there are rumors suggesting that at least. So, I'm assuming there is a new name in January. Sometime this year, Bob decides it's been a career and will have a last hoorah officiating the spring graduation before retiring into the sunset. Spring graduation is more than 90 days after January 31st.

So over. To fulfill my degenerate gambling obsession, over. 

I'll say over. It's a great prop bet. 

Here's my reasoning. I bet they want to do this as soon as possible. I know there are rumors suggesting that at least. So, I'm assuming there is a new name in January. Sometime this year, Bob decides it's been a career and will have a last hoorah officiating the spring graduation before retiring into the sunset. Spring graduation is more than 90 days after January 31st.

So over. To fulfill my degenerate gambling obsession, over. 

Ah you're probably right.  He'll at least wait until after the legislative session.

The nickname committee has been selected. 17 people, four of them alumni. I'm not sure what the demographics of the other 13 people are but I'm hoping the majority are students. Their job is to submit nickname candidates to the president who will have the final decision. Should be an official announcement next week.

Only slightly less secretive than Lois Lerner's e-mails, eh?

The nickname committee has been selected. 17 people, four of them alumni. I'm not sure what the demographics of the other 13 people are but I'm hoping the majority are students. Their job is to submit nickname candidates to the president who will have the final decision. Should be an official announcement next week.

Official announcement next week regarding the selection of the committee or the submissions of new nicknames? I would hope it takes more than a week to decide on a new nickname.

Ha I'm not trying to be but that is just all I know. I talked to one of the alums who got selected yesterday so that's where this is coming from. It should be noted that I do not make disparaging remarks about republicans

I was referring to the uber-secrecy of UND administration, not about your actual post. If true, UND transparency at its finest (again).

Your "insider information" is appreciated.

Alumni

Sheri Kleinsasser Stockmoe, UND alumna, co-chair - Former UND WBB player

Matt Bakke, UND alumnus - Former UND football player

Karl Goehring, UND alumnus - Former UND hockey player

Chuck Horter, UND alumnus - Honorary Letterwinner (1989)

Current Student Athletes

Jesse Fenstermacher, UND student athlete, Men's Track & Field

Nikki Husfeldt, UND student athlete, Women’s Volleyball

Current Students

Tanner Franklin, Student Body President, UND, co-chair

R. J. Morin, UND student - Executive Board Member of UNDIA

UND Faculty/Staff/Other

Sue Jeno, UND faculty and athletic faculty advisor

Sharley Kurtz, UND Staff Senate President

Sandra Mitchell, UND Associate Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion

Jim Mochoruk, UND Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor

Margaret Myers, UND Associate Vice President for Finance and Operations

Susan Walton, UND’s vice president for university and public affairs, will serve as the liaison to the UND leadership team and communications coordinator for the task force. Two professional facilitators, Marie Miyashiro and Kelly O’Keefe, will guide the task force.