SiouxSports.com Forum

Gregoire Gone

nhockey30

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was, "I wonder if siouxweet will be surprised by this news." Thankfully I didn't need to wait long to get my answer.

I was going to hold a press conference to announce it, but I just didn't have time to today. :D

Best of luck to you Jason you were a great sioux player. I really thought he would come back and finish his senior season. It really makes you appreciate those players that do decide to stick around when the bigs come calling. I think last year was probably an anomoly and we won't see a large group of players stick around like that again.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out for Gregoire. The Islanders have 30 days to get him under contract or he is a free agent and can shop himself around. I'd forgotten that loophole, and as much as I am disappointed to see Jason go, this is a pretty unique opportunity for him. Too unique to pass up.

Sad to see him leave, but at the same time he is ready to take the next step. I mean without Frattin this year he was the team MVP. The guy did everything they asked him to, and he was tremendous for the Sioux.

I hope he signs with Atlanta....and then gets to play in his hometown when they move to Winnipeg. :)

I hope he goes to the Wild, with Chay, and possible Parise going there, it would be cool to have a Fighting Sioux Pro team, (especially in Mn, little salt in the wound) The Wild! I wish he would have stayed, but good luck JG, you will be missed. GO SIOUX!!

Geez. If that happens I might actually have a reason to watch the Wild this winter.

I hope he goes to the Wild, with Chay, and possible Parise going there, it would be cool to have a Fighting Sioux Pro team, (especially in Mn, little salt in the wound) The Wild! I wish he would have stayed, but good luck JG, you will be missed. GO SIOUX!!

I don't think the majority of Wild fans, me included, could care less if their was some ex-sioux players on the team. I would take Parise, Stafford, Toews in a heartbeat if they wanted to sign with the Wild. They are just great players.

What Islanders fans are saying about Gregoire

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=915147

and

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=915342

Quite a bit of anger and bitterness at the moment. However, some fans are relatively supportive of his decision to explore his options.

Lot of different opinions about his abilities on the pro level also, all the way from 2nd liner to not pro material at all.

I didn't realize he was in the Wheeler situation until yesterday, it makes a lot more sense now with him having multiple options. I would bet this loophole will be addressed the next chance they get.

Quite a bit of anger and bitterness at the moment. However, some fans are relatively supportive of his decision to explore his options.

Some of those people think pretty highly of their franchise that hasn't been out of the 1st round of playoffs since Al Arbour was the coach.

This move by Gregoire is brilliant for him. He doesn't have to waste any part of his life with those losers and will now definitely get a max contract. Now he just has to make it to the show.

I didn't realize he was in the Wheeler situation until yesterday, it makes a lot more sense now with him having multiple options. I would bet this loophole will be addressed the next chance they get.

I know! I didn't realize it either. Didn't we just spend like weeks talking about how he wasn't in the same situation as Wheeler, and that was under the old CBA, and all that?

I don't think the majority of Wild fans, me included, could care less if their was some ex-sioux players on the team. I would take Parise, Stafford, Toews in a heartbeat if they wanted to sign with the Wild. They are just great players.

I guess the thing you should have noticed that I said was "I would like it" What that means is I would like to see that and I could care less what you think! You see I bleed Sioux hockey and I am a fan of the Wild! Just a thought.

I guess the thing you should have noticed that I said was "I would like it" What that means is I would like to see that and I could care less what you think! You see I bleed Sioux hockey and I am a fan of the Wild! Just a thought.

Relax Bigsky, That's nice you bleed sioux hockey and your a Wild fan but I was responding to your comment about sioux players playing in Mn would be "a little salt in the wounds". I'm just saying that I don't think any Wild fan in Mn could care less if the Wild have ex- sioux players on their team especially if they are good (Parise, Toews, Stafford)

Relax Bigsky, That's nice you bleed sioux hockey and your a Wild fan but I was responding to your comment about sioux players playing in Mn would be "a little salt in the wounds". I'm just saying that I don't think any Wild fan in Mn could care less if the Wild have ex- sioux players on their team especially if they are good (Parise, Toews, Stafford)

Thats why it would be even better! (I'm such a rodent fan) GO SIOUX!!

Thats why it would be even better! (I'm such a rodent fan) GO SIOUX!!

I have no idea what your problem is :angry: I agree with you about sioux players playing for the wild. If they can play who cares what college team they played for or where they are from.