SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

You must have missed the interview after the CSU game then.

Ya I missed that. Is Taylor the one not wanting to play the game? Dos he still have hard feelings from tha RT era. SU and ther fans say it's about not wanting to lose money by having to play in GF once every 4 years. Who knows all we know is they won't sign a contract.

A loss to sdsu means one less win on the season and makes it harder to make the playoffs. A loss to Und means humiliation for an entire year for losing to a school who doesn't care as much about football and is always 'less talented' and o by the way has been your most hated rival for a hundred years.

The only thing that can knock ndsu off of its high horse right now is Und and they know that.

• Upvote 1

You can keep him. Keeping a grudge for 10 years now. Very childish.

I don't think he isn't scheduling UND because of a grudge anymore, there is just no point in him locking into a long term home and home series if he doesn't have to. As long as his scheduling methods work I don't see him straying from them.

T or F: When UND eventually plays NDSU in the Fargodome, the all-time single game attendance record is broken. I believe that record was just broken this season, and I feel it would likely be surpassed in the case of UND. vs. NDSU in the regular season or playoffs.

F

It took homecoming against a top ranked-marque opponent to barely beat the old record. A playoff game will certainly not break it, as staff and bands do not count toward attendance.

Ya I missed that. Is Taylor the one not wanting to play the game? Dos he still have hard feelings from tha RT era. SU and ther fans say it's about not wanting to lose money by having to play in GF once every 4 years. Who knows all we know is they won't sign a contract.

last i checked, NDSU offered the every other year, every 4th year at home contract, and was rejected by UND, who would only accept an annual contract.

Quite obvious they have never had to deal with ticket demand/premium pricing before the past couple years. They are only costing themselves money that people would gladly give them. Whatever.

at current price/demand points, all NDSU tickets to every game are underpriced.

Not true... .you have one open spot and a chance at 12 total games. Next year is one of the rare years when this can happen.

UND, like many other teams, is sticking with 11 games. UND's other open week is the last week of the season. That would give UND 12 straight games with no bye week. That would be terrible scheduling.

last i checked, NDSU offered the every other year, every 4th year at home contract, and was rejected by UND, who would only accept an annual contract.

Originally, yes. But now that UND is in the Big Sky, Faison has also agreed that would be the best way to restart the series. Faison stated he was sending that exact contract and there hasn't been a peep from GT.

When I see Gene Taylor interviewed to me he comes off as a decent guy. Is it the SU Administration that doesn't want the game or it outside forces. I believe it's the later. I think it's the big football doners and teammakers that don't want the game. Taylor is left dealing with the spin. Just one man's opinion could be wrong. Long year for some in Fargo when they lose to the guys up north.

The majority of fans and Teammakers I know would like to play the game. But not every year. The hangup seems to be conflicting dates and priority scheduling a FBS game and getting at least 5-6 home games. So IMO its mainly adminisrtative issues that are the road block

UND, like many other teams, is sticking with 11 games. UND's other open week is the last week of the season. That would give UND 12 straight games with no bye week. That would be terrible scheduling.

Originally, yes. But now that UND is in the Big Sky, Faison has also agreed that would be the best way to restart the series. Faison stated he was sending that exact contract and there hasn't been a peep from GT.

Do we know that to be fact? If that were true the media would have been all over it.

Do we know that to be fact? If that were true the media would have been all over it.

If GT were to sign it then 2015 would be the first game and there would be so much hype and a UND-NDSU gameday countdown on the WDAY website. But obviously he did not sign it and so Dom Izzo and the SU media is bringing this up and will bring it up next year. And since it will be brought up next year lets look at the schedules:

2014:

UND NDSU

at San Jose State at Iowa State Aug 30

vs Robert Morris vs Montana Sept 6

OPEN OPEN Sept 13

OPEN OPEN Sept 20

OPEN (Oct 18th) vs USD (OOC) Nov 22nd

12 game season. Let Dom Izzo start drooling over this schedule (if NDSU wants a 12th game).

I just don't give a s**t anymore. With the direction the ncaa seems to be going in early round matchups, I've no doubt the game is gonna happen-in the playoffs. Even in past years the ac has been matched up vs the BSC. I'm just fine with that. Besides, that will give the road team a bigger ticket allotment for the game anyway.

I just don't give a s**t anymore. With the direction the ncaa seems to be going in early round matchups, I've no doubt the game is gonna happen-in the playoffs. Even in past years the ac has been matched up vs the BSC. I'm just fine with that. Besides, that will give the road team a bigger ticket allotment for the game anyway.

Most people don't give a !@#$, but its the media that drives this over and over. They want the game to be played so they can run a story on everything and anything to do with the game. This would be bigger than Frisco coverage done by KVLY. I would love to see the game happen, and it will but what is tiring is the excuses by GT, and that is what the Fargo Forum exposed and the SU fans got uptight about. How dare you blast our new God (he replaced the old God called Champman).

Even though I moved to Dallas a few years ago, I have Viking's season tickets...have for 15 years now. I go to the the PAcker's game every year just because I feel it's my duty to support the team and to make sure a Cheesehead doesn't end up sitting in my seats. But I never enjoy the game, even when the Vikings win. The rivalry is too intense and the atmosphere is just plain nasty and uncomfortable. I've never been to a Packer game where there wasn't a fight, or two, nearby. Both Viking and Packer fans generally behave horribly. If I had my choice the Vikings would never play the Packers again.

I feel the same way about the Bison playing UND. No matter who wins, the game is unpleasant. I hope the two teams never play again - both teams would be better off,

• Upvote 2

Even though I moved to Dallas a few years ago, I have Viking's season tickets...have for 15 years now. I go to the the PAcker's game every year just because I feel it's my duty to support the team and to make sure a Cheesehead doesn't end up sitting in my seats. But I never enjoy the game, even when the Vikings win. The rivalry is too intense and the atmosphere is just plain nasty and uncomfortable. I've never been to a Packer game where there wasn't a fight, or two, nearby. Both Viking and Packer fans generally behave horribly. If I had my choice the Vikings would never play the Packers again.

I feel the same way about the Bison playing UND. No matter who wins, the game is unpleasant. I hope the two teams never play again - both teams would be better off,

I'll take your seats when they do play then. It only makes the games better, just like the hockey games against the gophers.

I'll take your seats when they do play then. It only makes the games better, just like the hockey games against the gophers.

I am too young to really remember the odd things about the games. Were the NDSU/UND games chippy like the Gopher games can be? (at least from the one or two gopher/und games I watched last year, ben blood anyone?)

I am too young to really remember the odd things about the games. Were the NDSU/UND games chippy like the Gopher games can be? (at least from the one or two gopher/und games I watched last year, ben blood anyone?)

It was nowhere near as intense as the North Dakota/Minnesota hockey rivalry is.

It was nowhere near as intense as the North Dakota/Minnesota hockey rivalry is.

This makes me smile. Don't like seeing guys acting like idiots on the field. Also hate the attitude hockey has towards chippy. If two guys go at each other after a whistle, penalize them. Or give them the boot. The douchebaggery would stop instantly.

What I'd like to hear is would UND fans rather lose the NDSU rivalry in ALL sports to keep playing Minnesota two times a year in teh hockies or play NDSU in ALL sports and never get to play the Mighty Gophs again.

If GT were to sign it then 2015 would be the first game and there would be so much hype and a UND-NDSU gameday countdown on the WDAY website. But obviously he did not sign it and so Dom Izzo and the SU media is bringing this up and will bring it up next year. And since it will be brought up next year lets look at the schedules:

2014:

UND NDSU

at San Jose State at Iowa State Aug 30

vs Robert Morris vs Montana Sept 6

OPEN OPEN Sept 13

OPEN OPEN Sept 20

OPEN (Oct 18th) vs USD (OOC) Nov 22nd

12 game season. Let Dom Izzo start drooling over this schedule (if NDSU wants a 12th game).

Those are possibilities. But do we know for a fact that the contract was sent to GT?

This makes me smile. Don't like seeing guys acting like idiots on the field. Also hate the attitude hockey has towards chippy. If two guys go at each other after a whistle, penalize them. Or give them the boot. The douchebaggery would stop instantly.

What I'd like to hear is would UND fans rather lose the NDSU rivalry in ALL sports to keep playing Minnesota two times a year in teh hockies or play NDSU in ALL sports and never get to play the Mighty Gophs again.

Well since that's not teh scenario we'll play you both in multiple sports especially teh foosballs

I'd prefer to play both schools in every sport except football.

And if two hockey players go at each other after the whistle, the refs should just get out of the way. :)

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer to play both schools in every sport except football.

And if two hockey players go at each other after the whistle, the refs should just get out of the way. :)

it's okay Bin, he's clearly never played or tried to understand hockey so he wouldn't understand. (When playing a high speed sport on thin blades with a club in your hand you need something to keep the "douchebaggery" in check and that is where the chippiness comes in)