SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

How about that Rocco Grimaldi scoring two goals to lift team USA to the gold medal of the World Junior Ice Hockey Championship?

Pretty awesome, eh? That was played at the highest level of the sport (In Men's 20 and under ice hockey)

Now, one thing is clear. That wasn't a typo or a misdirection. It was at the highest level. In men's hockey (20 years or younger) that is the highest level.

The supposed D-1 championship today between the buffalo chippers and Larry Sanders State is a misdirect. Despite its "D-1" championship label, it isn't. That game is really between 'Bama and the Irish. While it is a championship game, it shouldn't be called D-1. D-IAA was a much more appropriate name. Calling it a D-1 championship game is a bad joke that I won't fall for...

Ridiculous.

Friend of mine just posted a picture on facebook from a bar in Frisco - a sign that said "Bison Pride - Sioux Suck S*%t". It is a little cut off by a Bison logo, so not totally sure it says S*%t, but the Sioux Suck is very clear. So it's there.

I saw a guy with a sign that said that last night at a restraunt. May have been the same guy.

How about that Rocco Grimaldi scoring two goals to lift team USA to the gold medal of the World Junior Ice Hockey Championship?

Pretty awesome, eh? That was played at the highest level of the sport (In Men's 20 and under ice hockey)

Now, one thing is clear. That wasn't a typo or a misdirection. It was at the highest level. In men's hockey (20 years or younger) that is the highest level.

The supposed D-1 championship today between the buffalo chippers and Larry Sanders State is a misdirect. Despite its "D-1" championship label, it isn't. That game is really between 'Bama and the Irish. While it is a championship game, it shouldn't be called D-1. D-IAA was a much more appropriate name. Calling it a D-1 championship game is a bad joke that I won't fall for...

You mad bro?

I don't really post on bisonville anymore, so I wouldn't know how UND fans are treated there.

I never post over there because I know I would be banned in a heartbeat. But it seems like Hambone and Sic are the only UND fans respected. The others get dumped on or called trolls, even when its a Bison fan starting up the numerous UND threads over there. Its not UND friendly over there and that's why the numbers of UND posters are only a handful.

I admit I tried to troll over on Bville. They were really mean to me from the get go. I had inbox messages that included death threats and the most vile language I have ever read. Eventually I got banned by their moderator. I tried to give productive ideas in my posts and just got ripped on. These guys wanted me banned from the get go just because I wasn't one of the blind-sheep faithful turd fans. So much for freedom of speech..............

Crazy criminals. Today I witnessed kids who busted their tails another year for a chance to repeat. Derek Lang was literally in tears for a solid 15 minutes at the celebration just soaking it in. Ryan Smith and Andre Grothmann were dishing out hugs and autographs to kids...no words. So awesome to see.

I too don't understand discrediting the level of play that our football team plays in.

Major juniors in Canada is widely considered the top level of hockey for that age group... So D1 college hockey is second tier using your logic.

Clue in.

There were many major junior players in the World Junior Tourney. That's because the BEST players 20 years and younger were on their respective teams. For that age group, it was the highest level of competition..in the WORLD.

UND, NDSU, Montana, USD, SDSU play at the D-IAA level. Calling it D-1 is a joke. That's FBS. Irish vs. the Tide. That's the D-1 championship. They need to change the name back to D-IAA. The Mean Machine won a D-1 title in name only. That's a joke. It's D-IAA. Not the highest level of college football.

Yeah, I'd love to see UND win one in the near future. But, I'm not naive enough to believe it is a D-1 championship. It's I-AA. Nothing wrong with that. But, it is what it is..

Crazy criminals. Today I witnessed kids who busted their tails another year for a chance to repeat. Derek Lang was literally in tears for a solid 15 minutes at the celebration just soaking it in. Ryan Smith and Andre Grothmann were dishing out hugs and autographs to kids...no words. So awesome to see.

Bohl signed that contract because no true D-1 school wants him. He runs a rogue program. Allowing criminals to run wild.

It will end badly for him at Fargo Tech. If anybody cares about I-AA football, they'll be on probation soon.

Bohl signed that contract because no true D-1 school wants him. He runs a rogue program. Allowing criminals to run wild.

It will end badly for him at Fargo Tech. If anybody cares about I-AA football, they'll be on probation soon.

You're delusional and ruining your credibility with all these ridiculous posts. Just stating my opinion on your opinions; that is, if you actually believe what you are posting.

As far as what this thread pertains to, UND needs to play NDSU now more than ever. If they don't, NDSU will just continue to suck up all area recruiting in the future. Local kids (Minnesota and North Dakota) are becoming more and more convinced that NDSU football is better in all aspects relative to UND; only defeating NDSU head-to-head could potentially change that.

You're argument is horrid, and idiotic. It's no wonder why so many people see you as a hockey only school when you're own fanbase continues to discedit it's other athletic programs.

You're argument is horrid, and idiotic. It's no wonder why so many people see you as a hockey only school when you're own fanbase continues to discedit it's other athletic programs.

Jeez.

You'd think it was my fault that Bohl runs a rogue program.

Oh, well....

Jeez.

You'd think it was my fault that Bohl runs a rogue program.

Oh, well....

Yes, because every true intelligent sport fans know that rogue programs that run wild win back to back national championships at a high level, even if it isn't the highest.

As far as what this thread pertains to, UND needs to play NDSU now more than ever. If they don't, NDSU will just continue to suck up all area recruiting in the future. Local kids (Minnesota and North Dakota) are becoming more and more convinced that NDSU football is better in all aspects relative to UND; only defeating NDSU head-to-head could potentially change that.

UND is in the midst of what looks like a very good recruiting class at this point. NDSU isn't the best college football team in the country. On a high school recruits list, NDSU ranks about 120th, behind the FBS schools. We can and do compete with that, especially with kids who consider academics and a higher moral standard.

UND is in the midst of what looks like a very good recruiting class at this point. NDSU isn't the best college football team in the country. On a high school recruits list, NDSU ranks about 120th, behind the FBS schools. We can and do compete with that, especially with kids who consider academics and a higher moral standard.

That is precious.

Really - we're going with this?

Fact - the Bison have a nice run going (as much as I hate to admit it) and we don't

Come on Muss - get it done!

That is precious.

OK. Let me rephrase. We can and do compete with that, especially with kids who consider academics and avoiding a first hand experience with the criminal justice system.

Really - we're going with this?

Fact - the Bison have a nice run going (as much as I hate to admit it) and we don't

Come on Muss - get it done!

Agree that the Bison have a nice run going. Congrats to them, and I am not going to rip their team because they are only the best in D1-AA. They are the best 2 years running in the same level UND plays in.

But I don't agree that we can't compete with them from a recruiting standpoint. We have, and will continue to. That was the point of my post. We have a good group of early verbal commits this year, and will approach the next season with a much more realistic idea of what the team needs to do to win than we did this year. There's plenty to be optimistic about.

Agree that the Bison have a nice run going. Congrats to them, and I am not going to rip their team because they are only the best in D1-AA. They are the best 2 years running in the same level UND plays in.

But I don't agree that we can't compete with them from a recruiting standpoint. We have, and will continue to. That was the point of my post. We have a good group of early verbal commits this year, and will approach the next season with a much more realistic idea of what the team needs to do to win than we did this year. There's plenty to be optimistic about.

Yeah, I agree UND is getting some pretty good recruits, but unfortunately for UND, their coaches don't seem to be able to coach them up after they get on campus. Bubba Schwietzer could have coached the same D2 athletes he had at UND back in the 90's and not allowed as many 500+ yard games as this years team did. I honestly don't think UND will ever win a National Championship with this Mussman staff. Just like NDSU would not have won with a Bob Babich staff. Although both Mussman's and Babich's teams would have played harder than anybody.

Clue in.

There were many major junior players in the World Junior Tourney. That's because the BEST players 20 years and younger were on their respective teams. For that age group, it was the highest level of competition..in the WORLD.

UND, NDSU, Montana, USD, SDSU play at the D-IAA level. Calling it D-1 is a joke. That's FBS. Irish vs. the Tide. That's the D-1 championship. They need to change the name back to D-IAA. The Mean Machine won a D-1 title in name only. That's a joke. It's D-IAA. Not the highest level of college football.

Yeah, I'd love to see UND win one in the near future. But, I'm not naive enough to believe it is a D-1 championship. It's I-AA. Nothing wrong with that. But, it is what it is..

Again, ridiculous.

Clue in.

Keep clinging onto that sh i t rope