SiouxSports.com Forum

What Restaurants Would You Like to See in GF? No Chains!

lomackman

Sonic.

Haha

We have one 5 minutes from our house and never go there.

We do have a couple of places in Pensacola we love. One is the Fish House, which I'm sure would be a difficult proposition, since Grand Forks isn't really near a lot of fresh seafood and the other is the Angus Steakhouse. Not chains, but great food and service.

We do have a couple of places in Pensacola we love. One is the Fish House, which I'm sure would be a difficult proposition, since Grand Forks isn't really near a lot of fresh seafood and the other is the Angus Steakhouse. Not chains, but great food and service.

i dont like the food, but the Cranberry grape Limeade is delicious on a warm day.

I'm breaking the "no chains" rule but these hardly taste like chain food...

1) Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse- Been to their Denver location a couple of times and it was nothing short of amazing.

2) Fogo De Chao- Went to the Minneapolis location after the Packers throttled the Vikes this year and it was amazing.

Grand Forks needs Grand Junction Grilled Subs back....always had amazing sandwiches there.

i dont like the food, but the Cranberry grape Limeade is delicious on a warm day.

It is! I also like their breakfast burritos!

Bob's Big Boy

The Waffle House

The Cheesecake Factory

Famous Dave's

Old Chicago

Zorbas

Juano's

Keys

I've never seen chains in any of these establishments. :silly:

• Upvote 1

These both look like good places to eat (thanks for the links).

Forgot about Grand Junction.

I can almost tase the big dogs junction rite now with there fresh cut fries. SOB im getin hungry haha.

Hear gillys in fork has the grand junction stuff now but its notwhat it used to be lke i guess.

Grand Junction was amazing. Bread was so good. To this day its probably one of the best philly subs I've ever had.

From everything I've witnessed, North Dakota is not a culinary hotspot by any means.

Start here:

-Authentic Mexican (Paradiso or that other place on Washtington...yuck!). Authentic Mexican food, made by Mexicans, is the bomb

-A good burger place. Do not tell me that there is one in Grand Forks, because that means you've never had a GOOD burger.

-Broasted Chicken. Italian Moon does have Broasted Chicken, but I think I'm probably the only person that ever had it there (and it wasn't too shabby). The only other person in GF I ever met who had broasted chicken was from Nebraska.

-A good Italian/Pasta place. Sure, there are restaurants that deal with Pasta, and I know Guiseppe's (sp?) is a higher-priced authentic Italian place, but I'm talking a decent mid-level price point Italian...like a Johnny Carino's.

I'm gonna have to say Five Guys burgers are up there on my favorite list and I eat ALOT of burgers. Check em out off of 32nd.

As to what restaurants I would like to see... Grand Junction, Chipotle, Spitfire (like the one in Fargo) and J.L. Beers to name a couple

From everything I've witnessed, North Dakota is not a culinary hotspot by any means.

Start here:

-Authentic Mexican (Paradiso or that other place on Washtington...yuck!). Authentic Mexican food, made by Mexicans, is the bomb

-A good burger place. Do not tell me that there is one in Grand Forks, because that means you've never had a GOOD burger.

-Broasted Chicken. Italian Moon does have Broasted Chicken, but I think I'm probably the only person that ever had it there (and it wasn't too shabby). The only other person in GF I ever met who had broasted chicken was from Nebraska.

-A good Italian/Pasta place. Sure, there are restaurants that deal with Pasta, and I know Guiseppe's (sp?) is a higher-priced authentic Italian place, but I'm talking a decent mid-level price point Italian...like a Johnny Carino's.

Mike's Pizza use to have good broasted chicken.