SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

HockeyMom

Have tickets been sent out yet? I plan on going regardless and am looking for tickets but most places don't list seat assignments. We've been to Providence, Columbus, Milwauke, St Louis and Denver. I sure would love to see the Sioux in the X.

If anyone could help me out with extra's that would be great!

If anyone is looking for tix, I recommend going to the Fan Forum on www.uscho.com. I've purchased tickets for three FF's off of their website now. My experience has been that the hockey fans selling on there just can't make it to that year's finals and want to keep their preference points for the next year. If that's the case they're not going to sell you tickets for more than face value, if they're caught scalping they run the risk of losing their pp's.

I'm just going to go with a hunch and say that there are probably several Hockey East fans that have tickets and won't make the trek to St. Paul.

Oh, and if the Gopher's don't make it, you know their fans won't be there.

Might be a stupid question....but...to those who have been to the F4 before is it possible to scalp tickets before the championship game, or I should say are there a good number of scalpers selling tickets?

I'm a teacher and I'm using up all of my personal days for the final five (do every year). No chance for me to be there for the Thursday hockey games, but at the same time it'd be nice to go the championship regardless of who is playing in the game as I only live about 2 and a half hours away from St. Paul.

Thanks for any info!

Might be a stupid question....but...to those who have been to the F4 before is it possible to scalp tickets before the championship game, or I should say are there a good number of scalpers selling tickets?

I'm a teacher and I'm using up all of my personal days for the final five (do every year). No chance for me to be there for the Thursday hockey games, but at the same time it'd be nice to go the championship regardless of who is playing in the game as I only live about 2 and a half hours away from St. Paul.

Thanks for any info!

From my experience, you will deal with plenty of scalpers.

Thanks for any info!

Lots of scalpers and lots of fans of the losing teams selling tickets.

Lots of scalpers and lots of fans of the losing teams selling tickets.

Yep, tons of tickets. The only question is price. When Wisconsin was still alive in Milwaukee, they were going for well over face. Columbus, St. Louis, Denver were all cheap.

If Minnesota makes it, it will be pricey. If any regional WCHA schools make it, they won't be cheap. If not, people will be giving them away (Minnesotans just don't show up for these things, when the Final Four was there tickets were like $20 on the street).

Yep, tons of tickets. The only question is price. When Wisconsin was still alive in Milwaukee, they were going for well over face. Columbus, St. Louis, Denver were all cheap.

If Minnesota makes it, it will be pricey. If any regional WCHA schools make it, they won't be cheap. If not, people will be giving them away (Minnesotans just don't show up for these things, when the Final Four was there tickets were like $20 on the street).

True. If you wait until after the game starts, you may get them for free or really cheap.

Thanks for the heads up everyone, greatly appreciated! I don't think Minnesota will be playing in the F4, but would obviously love to see the XCEL energy center in a green out situation with the Sioux playing against someone like Yale (revenge).

Or, if the Sioux don't make it I'll show up and just watch some hockey.

True. If you wait until after the game starts, you may get them for free or really cheap.

When North Dakota makes it through the West and into the X, these tickets will be in high demand.

It will not be a year when they will be had inexpensively on the street. There are plenty of good Minnesota hockey

fans who will show up regardless. Every Sioux fan and their families near and far will want to come to The X.

The scalpies will recognize this and will be in a buying frenzy, if they are not already.

Get these now at face value if and while you can. My three cents. I have been wrong before, and I will be wrong again.

. . . .

[P]eople will be giving them away (Minnesotans just don't show up for these things, when the Final Four was there tickets were like $20 on the street).

That was round ball. This is ice hockey. Big difference in my opinion. Many locals, regardless of who is in the tournament, will be showing up to watch

the second greatest event in all of sport, the NCAA FROZEN FOUR!!