SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota at North Dakota

Cratter

7:07 Start times both nights at the Ralph. Both games on Fox College Sports.

Minnesota (17-7-2) travels to North Dakota (15-9-2). Where the fourth team in the conference hosts the second team.

Will the Sioux be able to sweep the gophers again this season?

Will the Sioux set a attendance record?

http://operation3201.com/?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=13500&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

7:07 Start times both nights at the Ralph. Both games on Fox College Sports.

Minnesota (17-7-2) travels to North Dakota (15-9-2). Where the fourth team in the conference hosts the second team.

Will the Sioux be able to sweep the gophers again this season?

Will the Sioux set a attendance record?

http://operation3201.com/?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=13500&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Bringing my girls high school hockey team up from Jamestown for the saturday game. Hope to set an attendance record. Go Sioux!!!!!!

Great game by the ladies tonight. I was at the game. Gophers got a goal allowed they should have not. Not sure why the refs didn't review th goal. Clearly kicked in with the gopher skate.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that.

Would have loved to have heard the refs explain that one.

Maybe they will ask the coach on Sioux Sports Extra.

Thank gosh it didn't matter.

Great game by the ladies tonight. I was at the game. Gophers got a goal allowed they should have not. Not sure why the refs didn't review th goal. Clearly kicked in with the gopher skate.

The refs didn't review the goal because they said that without the replay on the big screen, they wouldn't have seen it go off the skate. If there hadn't been a replay, no one would have said anything. The coaches and players didn't react until seeing the replay, so they had to stick with their call. I still don't agree with it. I think anytime there is a scrum in front of the net and a puck crossing the goal line it should be reviewed, but they didn't feel that way. But that was the reason there was no review on the goal.

Wait a minute here:

At the SCSU mens game the official was sure SCSU had scored off the cross bar. He pointed. Yet he reviewed and the replay showed the entire puck didn't cross the line. No goal.

At the UM womens game the official was sure UM had scored off a crease scrum. He pointed. Yet this guy doesn't review a melee in the crease?

I could see the kick on the overhead replay on cable. So could 2888 in the rink.

C'mon. Seriously. If you have the technology in place, use it.

What kind of monkeys are running the WCHA and its officials? What's that you say? Bruce McLeod and Greg Shepherd?

Nevermind ...

Do they need to start adding "challenges" to hockey?

Has to be an odd feeling being a ref at center ice watching the replay knowing you made the wrong call, and knowing you still have time to enter the replay booth, but you don't out of "principle." Basically saying "screw" getting the right call! :silly:

Greg Shepherd?

You mean the WCHA Supervisor of Officials? That Greg Shepherd? The one who....

and...

On June 3, 1998, Shepherd, then a sitting council member, interrupted a team of 11- and 12-year-old boys practicing on a freshly chalked and lined field at the sports complex. He reportedly yelled and cursed at the teams' coaches to get the children off the field because there was a men's fastpitch ballgame scheduled for 6 p.m.

The one with a conflict of interest hiring his son to do officiating?

Hired by the WCHA commissioner who got in trouble for money missing at UMD?

All you can say is WOW! What a league we have! :silly:

The refs didn't review the goal because they said that without the replay on the big screen, they wouldn't have seen it go off the skate. If there hadn't been a replay, no one would have said anything. The coaches and players didn't react until seeing the replay, so they had to stick with their call. I still don't agree with it. I think anytime there is a scrum in front of the net and a puck crossing the goal line it should be reviewed, but they didn't feel that way. But that was the reason there was no review on the goal.

Wow, isn't the important thing to get the call right? I don't care if it was only because it was noticed on the big screen. The referee's job is to be watching it in the first place. They blew the call and had the chance to get it right.

Wow, isn't the important thing to get the call right? I don't care if it was only because it was noticed on the big screen. The referee's job is to be watching it in the first place. They blew the call and had the chance to get it right.

I guess the most important thing is that the blown call didn't cost the Sioux the game....thankfully!!! However, it wasn't the only blown call all weekend.

I guess the most important thing is that the blown call didn't cost the Sioux the game....thankfully!!! However, it wasn't the only blown call all weekend.

I think you should complain all the more when a bad call didn't change the game. After all there's no way to claim that was just sour grapes.

And I don't think there is any excuse for screwing up a replay. I miss stuff live action the same as the referees. Of course missing stuff and just making it up out of thin air are a different thing.

Things have to get better.

You mean the WCHA Supervisor of Officials? That Greg Shepherd? The one who....

and...

The one with a conflict of interest hiring his son to do officiating?

Hired by the WCHA commissioner who got in trouble for money missing at UMD?

All you can say is WOW! What a league we have! :silly:

Which son? There is two of them in the league as refs.