SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs UAA - Friday

AZSIOUX

Don't get me wrong, I think it is GREAT that there is an expansion of "hockey territory", just wondering when it happened. I was in SC from 71-78. Nada hockey. And I mean NOTHING!

I would say the same way southern schools have started playing hockey. Northerners move to south and bring the sport with them, look at Huntsville its a hockey hot bed because of NASA northern engineers brought the game they grew playing with them.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is GREAT that there is an expansion of "hockey territory", just wondering when it happened. I was in SC from 71-78. Nada hockey. And I mean NOTHING!

I know what you are saying it just kinda happened, i would say the 1980's with the advent of the inline roller skate.

My hockey coach (having grown up in GF) suggested I try soccer, which I did as a freshman in HS in 1971 (damn I feel old). because it was a similar "flowing game". I did. Made the team, but our HS soccer pitch was eliminated between frosh and sof years in favor of a parking lot. The goals were at either end still - pavement in between. End of soccer program.:( I went through serious hockey withdrawal ).

I know what you are saying it just kinda happened, i would say the 1980's with the advent of the inline roller skate.

My hockey coach (having grown up in GF) suggested I try soccer, which I did as a freshman in HS in 1971 (damn I feel old). because it was a similar "flowing game". I did. Made the team, but our HS soccer pitch was eliminated between frosh and sof years in favor of a parking lot. The goals were at either end still - pavement in between. End of soccer program.:( I went through serious hockey withdrawal ).

i know that feeling i would shoot into the garbage shed when i lived on the eastern shore of maryland.