SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs UAA - Friday

AZSIOUX

So how do hockey players end up coming from places like Alphretta GA and Las Vegas, NV?

I lived in Charleston, SC after leaving ND in the early 70's. We couldn't even get the Stanley Cup game. My buddies gave me play-by-play over the telephone (you remember - the corded landlines, right). There was NO HOCKEY in the south at that time.

So how do hockey players end up coming from places like Alphretta GA and Las Vegas, NV?

I lived in Charleston, SC after leaving ND in the early 70's. We couldn't even get the Stanley Cup game. My buddies gave me play-by-play over the telephone (you remember - the corded landlines, right). There was NO HOCKEY in the south at that time.

I would say the same way southern schools have started playing hockey. Northerners move to south and bring the sport with them, look at Huntsville its a hockey hot bed because of NASA northern engineers brought the game they grew playing with them.