SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs UAA - Friday

AZSIOUX

The most obvious observation from the Ralph last night IMO was UND plays fast and with speed when the D-man don't overplay and overhandle the puck. Tonight was the first time in a loooooong time our D-man played it simple...short, quick tape to tape outlet passes to start the rush. There was not one time from last night where I saw a D-man try to take off with the puck and try to weave thru 5 UAA players going down ice. All 6 D-man took care of their defensive responsibilities first and then transitioned the puck out of the D zone.

Thought Forbort played his best, if not one of his best, games of the year. Gleason was very good too.

Dickin could be a find...he skates well and handles the puck well. His centering pass from the left wing to Rowney in the crease, that could of resulted in a goal, a minute plus into the second was a great pass.

Frattin, when he brings it, is a man among boys...goodness was he an absolute beast last night. He was the best player on the ice by a mile.

Dell was money as usual.

If I had a say in tonight's line-up, I'd sit Hexy and play Cichy.

Finally, Davidson...if anyone hasn't seen him play live and wonders why he is in the line-up, stop wondering. He was arguably one of our top 4 forwards last night. His control of the puck behind the net was the reason we got our third goal and with him in there with Mario and Rodwell, they are more than just a checking line. They control the puck and create offensive chance more often than not. UND is now 10-2 when Davidson is in the line-up.

If this team continues to hang a six pack on the board night in and night out.... :ohmy::D

I agree with everything you said, but I just wanted to provide a link to the Hobey Award voting so everyone on SS.com can go vote for Frattin. I truly think he is the best player in college hockey

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/

Go Sioux

How did Dickens look? Up to speed?

I agree with everyone that he looked solid. I thought he was strong on the puck, but needs to work on his speed/quickness...he could also get back to the defensive zone a little faster (read: put a little more effort in to his back-checking). Hopefully he cathes up to the speed of the game.

He looked good to me on his last shift and seemed to be skating well.

Agree...if it was more serious I don't think he would have made a go of it late especially given the score. Would be suprised if he was out tonight.

Simpson was a healthy scratch. Hak said Gleason deserved the go because of how he played Sat night at CC. I believe Simpson gets the spot tonight, however.

In terms of Cichy playing for Hextall (or anyone for that matter), I'm pretty sure that Cichy is hurt. If I recall correctly, Sat night in CC, both Cichy and Nelson were on the ice during warmups but a game-time decision was made as to who was more able to play that night given injuries. Cichy is the one who sat. I think there are underlying injury issues for why he's not cracking the line-up very often.

Player of the game in my opinion - Dell. He made some great saves when we needed to keep the momentum. Sometimes I think he makes it look so simple that his play is underrated. Great positioning and fantastic poise. If the team continues to play like this, we'll be tough to beat.

Considering it was a first game, I thought Dicken looked fine, better than I expected especially given the speed of the Sioux. He did not appear nervous or out of place. There are things to fix, but a pretty good first effort. Maybe he won't be as much of a project as some seem to think. Gleason was great at CC on Saturday night and deserves to play. I also agree that there are some injuries that aren't public. And I had visions of the game at UMD his freshman year when Trupp went down. I am still hoping that it isn't anything serious. He has really been bringing it every game. Now let us hope the Sioux bring it again tonight.