SiouxSports.com Forum

Somebody's Lying

Rick

We are in the Big Sky, everything worked out. Was this Kolpacks idea?

Everything didn't work out: we won't have the Sioux name.

Look at what Kelley allegedly did:

- As a tactic in the ridding UND of the Sioux name, he allowed Douple and other media to trash UND in the press. Kelley caused that trashing.

- He purposely misled the SBoHE, by imposing an artificial barrier to conference membership that never actually existed

- When the SBoHE pulled the name, that took the heat off of Standing Rock.

- Lied and misled the UND community on his true stand regard the Sioux name.

- Harmed the DI transition by delaying conference acceptance for two years.

All of those actions are reprehensible. All were allegedly done by Kelley. If they are true, the SBoHE should fire Kelley. They would have cause.

Kolpack thinks he wins by sending UND into disarray.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe Kelly was stringing Douple along until something better came up. What's really funny is all the sh*t NDSU (Chapman & Taylor) got for this (from ss.com) and we find out it was actually Kelly and Faison. TOO FUNNY. :lol::lol:

You had a con man for an ex-president, a douchbag for an AD, and a charlatan for your conference commish: so yeah, NDSU wins the trifecta there. :silly: All three were more than chums with each other: so keep bragging them up there danny boy.

True or not, why is this story coming out now? As was stated previously Doufus has already proven himself to be a liar, either he is lying now or was lying then. Which is it Commissioner Doufus?

If Kelley/Faison were involved in this and were buddies with Doufus through all of this, why did they cancel the Summit League campus visit the Friday before the Big Sky announcement. If they were in cahoots with him wouldn't they have been working with Doufus to get into the Summit and the MVFC? All the blather from SDSU/NDSU folks said that USD played the patient waiting game and got what they wanted and that UND was stupid to jump at the Big Sky deal. If this nickname scandal was going on behind the scenes, wouldn't there also be Summit/MVFC conversations also.

Then there was the scheduling statements/mis-statements between Taylor and Doufus, regarding the Summit schools not scheduling UND because of the nickname issue.

While I agree that Kelley didn't do all he could to keep the name, I don't believe this story. It just doesn't make any sense.

I do think Doufus better polish his resume, as either way this comes out, he doesn't look good to the Summit presidents.

Edit: Thank God UND is in the Big Sky and away from this twit.

Edited by GeauxSioux
  • Upvote 1

True or not, why is this story coming out now? As was stated previously Doufus has already proven himself to be a liar, either he is lying now or was lying then. Which is it Commissioner Doufus?

If Kelley/Faison were involved in this and were buddies with Doufus through all of this, why did they cancel the Summit League campus visit the Friday before the Big Sky announcement. If they were in cahoots with him wouldn't they have been working with Doufus to get into the Summit and the MVFC? All the blather from SDSU/NDSU folks said that USD played the patient waiting game and got what they wanted and that UND was stupid to jump at the Big Sky deal. If this nickname scandal was going on behind the scenes, wouldn't there also be Summit/MVFC conversations also.

Then there was the scheduling statements/mis-statements between Taylor and Doufus, regarding the Summit schools not scheduling UND because of the nickname issue.

While I agree that Kelley didn't do all he could to keep the name, I don't believe this story. It just doesn't make any sense.

I do think Doufus better polish his resume, as either way this comes out, he doesn't look good to the Summit presidents.

Doufus could never deliver on Summit football, something UND badly needed.

Kelley took the better deal: the Big Sky, something that Kelley didn't even anticipate (he should have read this board).

UND taking the Big Sky enraged Douple.

Douple is taking his revenge on Kelley for backing out on their deal.

Kolpack is more than happy to oblige Douple.

Everything didn't work out: we won't have the Sioux name.

Look at what Kelley allegedly did:

- As a tactic in the ridding UND of the Sioux name, he allowed Douple and other media to trash UND in the press. Kelley caused that trashing.

- He purposely misled the SBoHE, by imposing an artificial barrier to conference membership that never actually existed

- When the SBoHE pulled the name, that took the heat off of Standing Rock.

All of those actions are reprehensible. All were allegedly done by Kelley. If they are true, the SBoHE should fire Kelley. They would have cause.

Kolpack thinks he wins by sending UND into disarray.

Great post.

With regard to Kolpack, he is in the bag for NDSU, as bad as Virg has ever been for UND. He's a fan of NDSU, period. When he comments in the comment section of his Bison blog he uses the pronouns us and we.

This (true or not) was likely leaked to Kolpack by a Legislator involved in one of the nickname bills in order to restart the kind of frenzy that this thread shows is still alive.

Make no mistake, the nickname bills are more about the Republican's hardon for the SBoHE, than about whats good for UND. All I know is, this whole mess is bad for my university

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You had a con man for an ex-president, a douchbag for an AD, and a charlatan for your conference commish: so yeah, NDSU wins the trifecta there. :silly: All three were more than chums with each other: so keep bragging them up there danny boy.

Still refusing to admit that UND problems are mostly self-inflicted. You're in denial... By the way the only douchbags in this whole situation has been UND's leadership from the begining. Don't have to brag - just look at the 4 Dakota schools transition to DI. It's not really that hard to figure out.... ;)

Still refusing to admit that UND problems were mostly self-inflicted. You're in denial... By the way the only douchbags in this whole situation has been UND's leadership from the begining. Don't have to brag - just look at the 4 Dakota schools transition to DI. It's not really that hard to figure out.... ;)

So if Kelley hadn't agreed to the deception, UND could have been in the Summit two years ago. If that is the case, leadership is the issue and Kelley should be canned.

Douple's/Kelley's scam is a major cause of UND's transition problems.

The Key is right there, Cal Berkeley... I have always said that the UND president should be someone from UND! You mean to tell me we can't find someone that is qualified to be president of UND that's a UND grad?

I disagree. If you only have one common view, you cannot improve or grow. That would hinder the university as a whole. Education is in part an exchange of ideas and thoughts, if we are all taught from the same single source, that is faith in the source, not knowledge. .

• Upvote 1

They are idiots... both of them... I said they should have been fired a LONG time ago.. that's all they have ever wanted is to get rid of the name. It honestly reminds me of a football team rushing to the next play and trying to start that next play, when they know the challenge flag is coming and the challenge will win. They have never ONCE said hey guys, great nickname, as your president and A.D. we'd like to move forward with keeping something that has been a tradition here for 80 years. There are PLENTY of eligible presidents for UND.. that went to UND. Get them the hell outta here.

Jesus, all of this rehashing of past issues reminds me of women who can't forget the last time you left the toilet seat up, or the local idiots who think "the South will rise again".

1. UND got into the Big Sky, a better and more legitimate conference that met UND's needs and ambitions.

2. The Summit folks should have never let the name/logo issue became a ticket to admission, esp since the issue wasn't fully dead. They paid for it accordingly.

3. UND and the Board agreed to settle the name/logo issue on the terms of the agreement. The hurdles agreed to, e.g., permission from two tribes, are part of that agreement.

4. The legislature probably doesn't have the legal authority to revise the agreement or prevent UND from abiding by it. If they force a breach of the agreement, you will have a real !@#$ storm on your hands, and you may kiss the D1 dream good-bye.

5. I don't trust anything Kolpack writes. He makes Perez Hilton look absolutely credible.

6. UND losing the name/logo was the implicit price for a relatively smooth move to D1 in all sports.

• Upvote 3

They are idiots... both of them... I said they should have been fired a LONG time ago.. that's all they have ever wanted is to get rid of the name. It honestly reminds me of a football team rushing to the next play and trying to start that next play, when they know the challenge flag is coming and the challenge will win. They have never ONCE said hey guys, great nickname, as your president and A.D. we'd like to move forward with keeping something that has been a tradition here for 80 years. There are PLENTY of eligible presidents for UND.. that went to UND. Get them the hell outta here.

Great post!

Jesus, all of this rehashing of past issues reminds me of women who can't forget the last time you left the toilet seat up, or the local idiots who think "the South will rise again".

1. UND got into the Big Sky, a better and more legitimate conference that met UND's needs and ambitions.

2. The Summit folks should have never let the name/logo issue became a ticket to admission, esp since the issue wasn't fully dead. They paid for it accordingly.

3. UND and the Board agreed to settle the name/logo issue on the terms of the agreement. The hurdles agreed to, e.g., permission from two tribes, are part of that agreement.

4. The legislature probably doesn't have the legal authority to revise the agreement or prevent UND from abiding by it. If they force a breach of the agreement, you will have a real !@#$ storm on your hands, and you may kiss the D1 dream good-bye.

5. I don't trust anything Kolpack writes. He makes Perez Hilton look absolutely credible.

6. UND losing the name/logo was the implicit price for a relatively smooth move to D1 in all sports.

Stop being so pragmatic and logical about all of this. ;)

Agree with points 1-6.

Like with Tom Clifford???

Clifford was the right man for the job and did it well/great for a long time. Kelley is a bad hire(Said it when it happened) but I think you eliminate so many great candidates by saying UND tied only associated people. I have as much pride in the school as anyone else, I just want the Best people on campus.

Who cares. We are now in a vastly superior conference and have "moved on!"

I agree, we are in a great conference. That is NOT the issue.

Here is the issue:

Either Kelley or Douple lied. Do we want someone like Kelley as the leader of our fine university? What other unethical (illegal?) things is he doing on the more "minor" issues?

Kelley doesn't stand out as anything special. He is a figurehead who can be easily replaced. If this is true, I believe the SBoHE should fire him, as he will no longer have any credibility.

Now, if Douple lied, he should be removed immediately, blah blah, but I don't really care, as that is not UND's conference. My interest is in the University of North Dakota, and its fine history as an institution of higher learning.