SiouxSports.com Forum

Kent Conrad retiring from Senate

star2city

I think Drew Wrigley will be our Governor in 2012.

I believe the potential title of Senator will trump potential title of Governor.

He, IMO, would win either race...a senate seat will be too tough to pass up.

I believe the potential title of Senator will trump potential title of Governor.

I was thinking Ed Schaffer? That's who I would love to see...

You may be right...Politics(Senate & House) in North Dakota has changed dramatically the past few months.

I too believe he'll run for Gov. Mr. Wrigley has no political experience to speak of so U.S. Senate would be a reach.

How about Wayne Stenehjem?

Yep and now that our security blanket of Conrad, Dorgan, and Pomeroy is gone, we will probably lose the Sioux nickname and logo too! ;)

The 3 amigos of ND. Pomeroy was defeated for a reason. The other 2 amigos just saw the writting on the wall IMO.

The 3 amigos of ND. Pomeroy was defeated for a reason. The other 2 amigos just saw the writting on the wall IMO.

Oh....I thought that Dorgan just thought it was time to retire? Wish he would have let the voters retire him like we did to Pomeroy! This notion that only the 3 amigos could get money for a major project like flood protection is old and tired. They were exposed and now they are gone!

Oh....I thought that Dorgan just thought it was time to retire? Wish he would have let the voters retire him like we did to Pomeroy! This notion that only the 3 amigos could get money for a major project like flood protection is old and tired. They were exposed and now they are gone!

Dorgan went out on his own terms, which was smart. With Hoeven in the race, his odds of winning were a coin flip at best. Better to go out as you want rather than the Pomeroy exit! Conrad...he's got 2 more years with our current C & C running the country. He's odds probably wouldn't be any better in two years from now either. Call your own shots and go out on your own terms.

The "Slum Lord" Rick Berg will serve ND well. I have known Rick since undergrad school and the guy is perhaps one of the scummiest opportunists I have ever met. Good luck with that liar as the Congessman.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there wasn't a Christmas card exchange between the 2 of you this year! :D

The "Slum Lord" Rick Berg will serve ND well. I have known Rick since undergrad school and the guy is perhaps one of the scummiest opportunists I have ever met. Good luck with that liar as the Congessman.

Berg showed his true colors when he couldn't be bothered to attend a single meeting on flood control for Fargo. Flood protection will not get done unless ND pays for it. There will be no federal money for flood protection in a teabagger controlled U.S. House.

• Downvote 2

Like that sleazy scam him, his wife, and his mother-in-law pulled on his wife's step-brother and sisters.

Well people do like to cut their noses off to spite their face.