SiouxSports.com Forum

Kent Conrad retiring from Senate

star2city

how did berg scam is family? if true, that is horrible thing to do to anyone and most importantly ur family. thats gotta be a awkard thanksgiving/christmas

I don't think they spend Christmas, or any holidays, together anymore. It actually went all the way to the ND Supreme Court. His mother-in-law was transferring land to him and his wife that should have gone, or shared, with to her step-sisters and step-brother. They even are keeping land that the steps mother had inherited from her family. Berg's mother-in-laws reasoning? They are not her kids and she can do what ever she wants with their mother's land.

The "Slum Lord" Rick Berg will serve ND well. I have known Rick since undergrad school and the guy is perhaps one of the scummiest opportunists I have ever met. Good luck with that liar as the Congessman.

Community

Topics of interest at UND, in Grand Forks, and in North Dakota. No politics, please.

We don't need your political mudslinging here.

• Downvote 1

Community

Topics of interest at UND, in Grand Forks, and in North Dakota. No politics, please.

We don't need your political mudslinging here.

Why the directive towards Wyo? He didn't start the thread and the post you quoted was the 18th of the thread.

What is to be expected when a politician retiring is a thread topic? Maybe some political discussion? BFD

I understand the board rules prohibit such discussion, but considering the title of the thread, maybe you should have made a choice to avoid the topic. My $.02.

Why the directive towards Wyo? He didn't start the thread and the post you quoted was the 18th of the thread.

What is to be expected when a politician retiring is a thread topic? Maybe some political discussion? BFD

I understand the board rules prohibit such discussion, but considering the title of the thread, maybe you should have made a choice to avoid the topic. My $.02.

Agree...to me, when I read Wyo's post it was a personal shot at Berg from someone who knows him to an extent. Didn't get any political bent there???

Agree...to me, when I read Wyo's post it was a personal shot at Berg from someone who knows him to an extent. Didn't get any political bent there???

Well, the swipe at Rick is totally personal. I know how he conducted business from the very beginning in the Fargo real estate business and is was without ethics. I will also (in the interest of disclosure) say I am a Democrat (a Dem from the left wing of the party). That being said......Berg is a slumlord. And....by the way....Conrad does not exactly WOW me either. At any rate, ND could have done a lot better in Congress that slummy Rick.

Berg showed his true colors when he couldn't be bothered to attend a single meeting on flood control for Fargo. Flood protection will not get done unless ND pays for it. There will be no federal money for flood protection in a teabagger controlled U.S. House.

I hardly think that Rick Berg will bring in no federal money for the flood control project, that's a project that will get attention from the GOP and the DNC. The Congress isn't controlled by the "TEA PARTY"...

Well, the swipe at Rick is totally personal. I know how he conducted business from the very beginning in the Fargo real estate business and is was without ethics. I will also (in the interest of disclosure) say I am a Democrat (a Dem from the left wing of the party). That being said......Berg is a slumlord. And....by the way....Conrad does not exactly WOW me either. At any rate, ND could have done a lot better in Congress that slummy Rick.

You are not the first person I've heard that from.

You should of stopped while you were ahead!! ;)

You are not the first person I've heard that from.

You should of stopped while you were ahead!! ;)

I was thinking the same thing, he is probably upset that the Pelousi Puppey got defeated in the last election.

The first post in the thread was simply stating a fact: Conrad is retiring. Mr. WYO Bison turned into a personal slam and political name calling we have all grown to loath during the campaign. I suspect Mr. WYO frustration has more to do with the R behind Berg's name then anything else. I'm not an R or a D, so don't think I'm being one sided here.

Another thing to consider is that Berg has nothing to do with the Conrad seat or the US Senate, so why was his name even dragged into this?

• Downvote 1

The first post in the thread was simply stating a fact: Conrad is retiring. Mr. WYO Bison turned into a personal slam and political name calling we have all grown to loath during the campaign. I suspect Mr. WYO frustration has more to do with the R behind Berg's name then anything else. I'm not an R or a D, so don't think I'm being one sided here.

Another thing to consider is that Berg has nothing to do with the Conrad seat or the US Senate, so why was his name even dragged into this?

Agree.

As one who loves the "R", you are being presumptive and that's being generous and kind!

I will give you your last point though.

I hardly think that Rick Berg will bring in no federal money for the flood control project, that's a project that will get attention from the GOP and the DNC. The Congress isn't controlled by the "TEA PARTY"...

He did sign the no ear mark pledge though and this money would be pure ear mark.

If it makes you feel better....I am a lefty, but do have a concealed weapons permit......Kinda nice just for contrast......

Please...aren't you from Wyoming?! You all get one with your driver's license renewal and 2 Post ceral box tops! :D

So what? That doesn' t mean Fargo isn't going to get a dike system for their community.

They will not get the money like Grand Forks did without Pomeroy, Dorgan, and Conrad. A flood protection bill will still be an earmark bill, just like many highway funding bills.

No! He was one of her lap dogs that got crushed in the last election.

Seems like soemone likes to spout talking points that have been proven false. How are those death panels working out for you? Oh wait the only death panels come from the Repubicans in Arizona.

Seems like soemone likes to spout talking points that have been proven false. How are those death panels working out for you? Oh wait the only death panels come from the Repubicans in Arizona.

Take it easy there, Rachel Maddow...

They will not get the money like Grand Forks did without Pomeroy, Dorgan, and Conrad. A flood protection bill will still be an earmark bill, just like many highway funding bills.

Come one Skippy that is highly False... They can go through the normal funding process and get the flood protection.

Really SKIPPY, Really?

In a surprise reversal, the Obama administration will not include language about

Come one Skippy that is highly False... They can go through the normal funding process and get the flood protection.

Really SKIPPY, Really?

See you just when ahead a called something a death panel that is not. Whereas Arizona actually cut the funding from someone leaving them to die. So you are saying that the Republicans will support a bill for at least 800 million, for one town, without having the political power to make it happen? Why do you think Walalker endorsed Pomeroy instead of a Fargo resident? I would wager that Walaker's heart dropped when he heard Conrad was not running.