SiouxSports.com Forum

New job for Hammer

sultan

Rumor has it Dan Hammer will become the Sports director at KVLY. This will mean he will be done doing play by play for UND. I would just like to wish him well. The interesting side bar is he will now be doing play by play for Bison games on TV Bison fans have absolutely ridiculed him on how bad he is and want nothing to do with him and now he will be doing their games. I suppose they will like him now. Once again good luck Dan.

Said on KFGO he was done. IMO, Hammer was our last lifeline to Fargos biggest radio station in his one hour show, he would atleast tlakb about UND football. Now im assuming sccoty miller will be doing it and i think eh could give a !@#$ less about sioux football/athletics.

Any ideas for replacement?

I just hope its not Paul Ralston. He is lousy at basketball and woudlnt be that much ebtter at sioux hockey. I often fall asleep listening to him.

Also i guess could be john bernstrom who has done a lot of high school games the past few years but we shoudlnt be getting high school annoucning talent to announce a FCS game.

Scott Swygman?

Ed Schultz? lmao real long shot. almost like blais coming back to the sioux

I jsut hope they dont go the cheap route and just find someone to fill the role like they have done the past with sioux basketball in having sean johnson who is teh assisnt ad doing bball cover who isnt much better than ralston.

When KFGO made its (questionably enacted) move to Bison Athletics I wondered what the impact on Hammer would be because Scott Miller came along with Bison Athletics. I didn't figure Radio FM would keep Hammer as sports director and Miller as the Bison broadcaster both on staff.

Good luck to Hammer in his new (old) job.

Jack Michaels does radio for Umary in Bismarck. Football and men's and women's basketball. Also HS at times and has a 3 hour radio show on 710 every morning. I do not think he would leave Bismarck though. I have it on good authority that he has passed up his dream job of announcing MLB in the past because of his family situation.

I thought Hammer did a good job for UND.

Jack Michaels does radio for Umary in Bismarck. Football and men's and women's basketball. Also HS at times and has a 3 hour radio show on 710 every morning. I do not think he would leave Bismarck though. I have it on good authority that he has passed up his dream job of announcing MLB in the past because of his family situation.

I thought Hammer did a good job for UND.

I would sure hope he doesn't, I am not a huge fan of his. the radio show he does in bismarck whenever I have listened to it puts me to sleep as I drive through bismarck. what drives me nuts about shows like his are they think they know sioux hockey, but he really doesn't but acts like he does.

I would sure hope he doesn't, I am not a huge fan of his. the radio show he does in bismarck whenever I have listened to it puts me to sleep as I drive through bismarck. what drives me nuts about shows like his are they think they know sioux hockey, but he really doesn't but acts like he does.

Welcome to sports talk radio....or any monday after a viking game.

Jack is very good at baseball, basketball and football. He doesn't know hockey whatsoever. When it comes to UND hockey he has a few callers who know what's up, and that's about it. Let's be honest, it is amazing that he fills a 3 hour slot everyday in Bismarck. Like I said, he has turned down the big carrot, he won't be leaving Bismarck.

I'll admit I don't watch a lot of KVLY, but in order for Hammer to get this gig did Scott Peters leave?

Peters left right before thanksgiving. Following that Bryan Shawn left shortly before Christmas. I look forward to Hammer being back on TV and i can pull out my Dan's Fan's T shirt!

Who calls NDSU's FB TV broadcast? Perhaps that will be his new role as well next fall? I will sure miss him calling sioux games, but maybe KVLY is planning on airing all bison home games next year.

Jack is very good at baseball, basketball and football. He doesn't know hockey whatsoever. When it comes to UND hockey he has a few callers who know what's up, and that's about it. Let's be honest, it is amazing that he fills a 3 hour slot everyday in Bismarck. Like I said, he has turned down the big carrot, he won't be leaving Bismarck.

3 hours is a long time in western north dakota with not much happening except high school sports. bismarck century football and basketball can only take you so far.

Peters left right before thanksgiving. Following that Bryan Shawn left shortly before Christmas.

I'm sure that there will probably be more of the local on-air personalities & others leaving KVLY in the future. Alot of the "locals" have been very unhappy since Hoak Media out of Dallas has taken over. I have a close source that worked there up until this winter that said morale is very low at KVLY. The reason this person left was specifically because of the management style of Hoak.

Hoak basically ran Charlie Johnson outta town, fired Michelle Turnberg, has watched others leave & destoryed the overall company morale. Ol' Hammer might not be stepping into the best situation.