SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UNO

AZSIOUX

so we're 176-2, sitting as the number two team in the pairwise and lapoint has started I beleive all but one game which was athe sat night in maine-has played pretty well and people want to sit him? I don't get it. I remeber two years when he went down injured he was one of our best on the pk and after he got hurt our pk sucked the rest of the year. let's give the guy some credit. he isn't the most skilled or talented d-man we have but he is pretty reliable and doesn't do stupid things as some of our other d-man can be prone to do with the puck or penalties.

Yes. This is a big 10-4. I am a big LaPoint fan, as I am a fan of all of the players. The D-Corps, as well as the team, is loaded. I would sit Forbert before LaPoint. When in doubt, seniors over freshmen with all other things being equal. At least folks are trying to turn LaPoint into this season's Brian Lee or Joe Finley.

On the game front, I agree with the first time poster Predator. UNO is going to bring it big time. This is well shaping up to be a barn burner of a series, and a barn burning rivalry for years to come. Especially after the Gophers pack their play toys and run to Barry's so-called Big Ten Hockey Conference. The Big Mistake.

On the game front, I agree with the first time poster Predator. UNO is going to bring it big time. This is well shaping up to be a barn burner of a series, and a barn burning rivalry for years to come. Especially after the Gophers pack their play toys and run to Barry's so-called Big Ten Hockey Conference. The Big Mistake.

I'm pretty sure that Blais (tDean) absolutely positively doesn't want to be swept on his first trip back.

Look for UNO to come out hard.

1. I have been a vocal critic of Lapoint in the past, but he is definitely NOT our weakest defenseman going into this weekend. No way that I even consider sitting him.

2. Forbert and Simpson need reps to get better, but they both got man handled last weekend. Second half of a potential championship season means no excuses...I don't care if it is their first rodeo. Rotate those two for the rest of the year until one steps up.

2.B. Developing Forbert and Simpson is very important for the program. We need to continue being the best college hockey program for NHL development if we want to continue getting the top end talent. The program is superordinate to all.

3. Lammy. Wow, I would not ever, ever consider benching Lammy. Lammy is a team guy and an energy guy. You need that type of player to keep things loose and keep guys motivated. Lammy is a pure role player, and he plays his role perfectly. He isn't out there to make sick plays or score a bunch of goals. He's not even out there to hit. He is out there as a changeup and a grinder who doesn't quit on anything. To quote Hak: he practices and plays like he hasn't made the team yet. Enough said.

4. Blaiser. Will get a warm welcome. He lived in the community for 30 years and brought us our last titles. I will always revere him.

5. Trupper. Agree that he is just awesome and fun to watch. If he were 6-2 205 he'd be in the NHL.

6. Pony Express. I agree that our top line is as physical and skilled as the most physical lines and the most skilled lines in the country. No pun intended here, but we need to ride them the rest of the year.

7. Health. Gregoire back is huge. He is a big part of our special teams, and is our best two-way forward. He is such a smart hockey player and he has good hands. Paired with Knight, the line becomes a killer for opponents d corps to manage. Especially if you are putting your best defensive and most physical D out against the Malone line.

8. Hexy. Also a team guy. I am not exactly sure where he fits though. I actually like him on the energy line as a scoring threat rather than on a scoring line as the agitator, but Hak knows best. I'd like him with Lammy and Davidson as the energy line.

9. Cichy. Either Michael is hurt or has somehow displeased the coach in practice. He was getting special teams time earlier in the year. I'd consider trying to play him with Knight and Gregoire just to see what would happen.

10. Kristo-Nelson-Rodwell. I want to see this scoring line 3. Young, skill, and speed with Rodwell's physicality. I like this combo.

11. Marto-back to D with his (life) partner Lapoint. Collectively they are the experienced d pairing we need.

1. I have been a vocal critic of Lapoint in the past, but he is definitely NOT our weakest defenseman going into this weekend. No way that I even consider sitting him.

2. Forbert and Simpson need reps to get better, but they both got man handled last weekend. Second half of a potential championship season means no excuses...I don't care if it is their first rodeo. Rotate those two for the rest of the year until one steps up.

2.B. Developing Forbert and Simpson is very important for the program. We need to continue being the best college hockey program for NHL development if we want to continue getting the top end talent. The program is superordinate to all.

3. Lammy. Wow, I would not ever, ever consider benching Lammy. Lammy is a team guy and an energy guy. You need that type of player to keep things loose and keep guys motivated. Lammy is a pure role player, and he plays his role perfectly. He isn't out there to make sick plays or score a bunch of goals. He's not even out there to hit. He is out there as a changeup and a grinder who doesn't quit on anything. To quote Hak: he practices and plays like he hasn't made the team yet. Enough said.

4. Blaiser. Will get a warm welcome. He lived in the community for 30 years and brought us our last titles. I will always revere him.

5. Trupper. Agree that he is just awesome and fun to watch. If he were 6-2 205 he'd be in the NHL.

6. Pony Express. I agree that our top line is as physical and skilled as the most physical lines and the most skilled lines in the country. No pun intended here, but we need to ride them the rest of the year.

7. Health. Gregoire back is huge. He is a big part of our special teams, and is our best two-way forward. He is such a smart hockey player and he has good hands. Paired with Knight, the line becomes a killer for opponents d corps to manage. Especially if you are putting your best defensive and most physical D out against the Malone line.

8. Hexy. Also a team guy. I am not exactly sure where he fits though. I actually like him on the energy line as a scoring threat rather than on a scoring line as the agitator, but Hak knows best. I'd like him with Lammy and Davidson as the energy line.

9. Cichy. Either Michael is hurt or has somehow displeased the coach in practice. He was getting special teams time earlier in the year. I'd consider trying to play him with Knight and Gregoire just to see what would happen.

10. Kristo-Nelson-Rodwell. I want to see this scoring line 3. Young, skill, and speed with Rodwell's physicality. I like this combo.

11. Marto-back to D with his (life) partner Lapoint. Collectively they are the experienced d pairing we need.

There is not one item here that I disagree with. You, my friend, are very wise!

Thank you, I guess great minds do think alike! Go Pack!

The ONLY thing I want to hear on Sunday is the call of Packer's radio play-by-play guy, Wayne Larrivee, saying "...and there is your NFC Championship dagger!!!"

GO PACK GO!!!

The ONLY thing I want to hear on Sunday is the call of Packer's radio play-by-play guy, Wayne Larrivee, saying "...and there is your NFC Championship dagger!!!"

GO PACK GO!!!

the two things I want to hear on sunday from bears radio play-by-play jeff joniak are: "Devin Hester you are ridiculous" and "Fade to Black the Bears are going to the super bowl".

Go Bears.

• Upvote 1

One other reason to keep Blais on a pedestal: He was instrumental in getting UND the gift that keeps on giving - REA. I'm not sure the arena would have been built if he hadn't revived the program as he did.

As to this weekend, UND may be just what Omaha needed, a team that will skate with you, rather than play conservatively. I expect both teams to get up and down the ice. Omaha will pressure the Sioux defense, but in doing so they will also leave opportunities the other way. At the very least the games should be extremely entertaining. I think UND sweeps, but I wouldn't be surprised or offended if they didn't.

One of the advantages of having quality depth is that you can give a player a night or 2 off if they are struggling. It also helps keep people fresher. Forbert has played a lot of games over the last few weeks, maybe a night or 2 off would help him out. It would also get someone else some needed playing time.

One could argue that we would not have the Ben Blood we rely on today if we didn't tough it out through his freshman campaign that ended with a SOLID F5. That went right into a good sophomore year and what has been a shut down Junior year so far. Both players are of the same skill sets and but Forbort may have a little more Offenseive upsaide.

Very much agreed.....LaPoint needs to play with Marto.

FANTASITC NEWS!! I had my usual bag of Peanut M&Ms with lunch today. I got the magical green peanut M&M that was solid chocolate. It can only mean good things. :lol:

Has this happened before? And what is your record with the solid green chocolate M&M? :lol:

I like Marto on forward, he's just so fast and has such a great hockey sense. I prefer him on D, but if it means having to sit Forbort/Simpson/Lapoint, lets keep him on forward.

Forbort, as has been stated, didn't have the best weekend. The turnover on the Gophers first goal was a huge mistake. Doesn't mean we need to sit him. Also Nelson hasn't been the force many of us expected like Kristo had in his first year, but at the same time he's not getting tons of ice time. Nelson is definitely a 3 yr player here, as long as the Kings don't get impatient with his development (their GM ripped Red on Jack Johnson's development in Michigan). I doubt we'll see the same ripping on with Hak and Co. considering the talent the Sioux have been feeding to the NHL as of late.

I agree with all your points, but feel the need to add one. Eidsness needs to get some playing time. For all he did for us the past two seasons he deserves another shot and we probably will need him to be at the top of his game at some point this season.

I agree with all your points, but feel the need to add one. Eidsness needs to get some playing time. For all he did for us the past two seasons he deserves another shot and we probably will need him to be at the top of his game at some point this season.

Its tough to bench Dell at this point, considering how well he's played. I like the point though, Eidness is solid and we'll probably lose him after this year. I'd be nice to have two goalies warm and ready going into the WCHA final five and NCAA tourney. I still do have all the confidence in the word for Eids, but Dell is the smart choice for both games this weekend.

One could argue that we would not have the Ben Blood we rely on today if we didn't tough it out through his freshman campaign that ended with a SOLID F5. That went right into a good sophomore year and what has been a shut down Junior year so far. Both players are of the same skill sets and but Forbort may have a little more Offenseive upsaide.

I didn't say that he should be benched the rest of the season. But if he's struggling as much as he has seemed to, a night or 2 off might not be a bad thing. Blood only played 31 games his first season so he sat on the bench for about 25% of the season. When you have a bunch of talented players it doesn't hurt to give each one a night off once in a while to keep them fresh and to keep everyone on the team involved.

As long as Dell keeps playing this way I'd expect to see him for UNO and CC.

But I'd be surprised to not see Eidsness during the eight-game stretch that follows that (UAA, SCSU, BSU, MTU).

I agree with you. I'd like Eidsness to see some playing time.

At work and went online to set my DVR to record the game on DirecTV. It shows that it's on channel 618, is that correct? It's usually on either 617 or 625 - never seen it on 618 before and if this doesn't record it I'll be a very unhappy Sioux hockey fan.

Thanks

At work and went online to set my DVR to record the game on DirecTV. It shows that it's on channel 618, is that correct? It's usually on either 617 or 625 - never seen it on 618 before and if this doesn't record it I'll be a very unhappy Sioux hockey fan.

Thanks

617 on the on-screen guide.

Despite other reports as of right now the guide says tomorrow's game will be on 623. But they have the 7:30 start time on it now.

Thanks

It shows up as being on channel 617 on my DircTV lineup. 618 is the FuelHD channel...