SiouxSports.com Forum

Yale Hockey

gfhockey

Hearing from several different people that the yale program will face serious ncaa allegations and likely have multiple suspensions and maybe even some forfeits. Not going to start rumors but I know they are in trouble but not going to say unless i get it confirmed. Anyone else know anything

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hearing from several different people that the yale program will face serious ncaa allegations and likely have multiple suspensions and maybe even some forfeits. Not going to start rumors but I know they are in trouble but not going to say unless i get it confirmed. Anyone else know anything

I haven't heard anything as of yet... What did they get into trouble for stuffing their schedule full of cup cakes. :)

• Upvote 4

From Twitter:

Keith Allain & the Yale Bulldogs could be in very hot water soon, facing serious repercussions for violating NCAA rules...more details soon

Interesting... I wonder what they allegedly did.

EDIT: Yale is denying the reports

Yale Associate AD for Communications Steve Conn has denied the report that Coach Allain and hockey program are under investigation by NCAA

I wonder what Dave Starman will say, his nose was pretty full of Yale brown during the World Jr broadcasts, got awfully sick of him talking about them.

OMG yes. Listening to him during the WJC's made me think ... "gee.. should anyone else show up in the NCAAs when we should just give yale the title now?" I got sick of it too.

OMG yes. Listening to him during the WJC's made me think ... "gee.. should anyone else show up in the NCAAs when we should just give yale the title now?" I got sick of it too.

Is this being put out there for giggles, what is the basis of this these statements. It could be true or not but why twist the tail of the tiger and make our fans look silly.

• Downvote 3

Their #1 ranking means nothing. They play cub cakes and have only played like 14 games.

Yale 5 CC 1.

The ECAC is better this year than previously ... Quinnipiac swept UNO, Union beat Minnesota and UAA, etc.

Looking at the Pairwise, Yale has to win almost all their games to stay #1. If they lose a couple, they will drop pretty quickly.

Their #1 ranking means nothing. They play cub cakes and have only played like 14 games.

They did beat the Sioux last year head-to-head. But you are correct, their strength of schedule is rather lacking. I don't think rankings mean much for any team at any time of the year. I do think this year's Sioux could beat the Bulldogs 8 out of 10 times, at least, but, that said, I wouldn't get caught looking past Yale in a one-and-done scenario.

They did beat the Sioux last year head-to-head. But you are correct, their strength of schedule is rather lacking. I don't think rankings mean much for any team at any time of the year. I do think this year's Sioux could beat the Bulldogs 8 out of 10 times, at least, but, that said, I wouldn't get caught looking past Yale in a one-and-done scenario.

They might be done if what ever NCAA has going on is real and proven