SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Robert Morris

AZSIOUX

I have a bad feeling about one of the games this weekend...I think watching Team USA stink it up last night is part of the reason. I could see Robert Morris taking one of these games, they are no pushover.

Not sandbagging, if UND plays the way they should, this should be a sweep. We are lucky that UMN-Twin Cities isn't very good anymore, so that series doesn't hold the same allure that it would have about 3-5 years ago. The players will be peeking forward, but not too much I would think.

Anything less than a sweep this weekend is unacceptable... This has big implications in the RPI and PWR rankings...

Yeah, I think the only way that Gothberg comes in for 2011 is if Eidsness or Dell leaves this offseason.

The Sioux coaching staff is going to play three goalies and or have Gothberg sitting on the bench when he can play a season in Fargo...

Robert Morris should not even stand a chance coming into the Ralph this weekend. Yea, they're in a new conference this year but they are a butt of a program. Im not 100% sure but I think RMU is also dead last in strength of schedule rankings. They just happen to get lucky once every year or so and knock of a a good team (ex. Miami, last yr). If UND comes out ready to play and doesnt take them lightly, they should embarrass Robert Morris. I go to college in PA, about 20mins from RMU so I get to see a lot of their games....pitiful. Might as well be a club roller hockey team.

Dell needs to start on Friday night and the team can evaluate Saturday after that. Keep getting him the game reps he needs to get him ready for the gopher series, but don't over do it with his work load by any means. I think Hakstol has kind of hinted that Eids will get a start with his mentioning of how hard Brad has worked in practice (In coach speak, thats giving us all a reason for him to be in the net on Saturday).

I would like to see Maris in the net sometime before his time is done at UND. I know he's not an all world goaltender, but even Ryan Sofie found a way to get a couple periods under his belt during his time in Grand forks. I was hoping they'd put him in against the U-18 team, but no way could they take Eids out of that one.

Robert Morris should not even stand a chance coming into the Ralph this weekend. Yea, they're in a new conference this year but they are a butt of a program. Im not 100% sure but I think RMU is also dead last in strength of schedule rankings. They just happen to get lucky once every year or so and knock of a a good team (ex. Miami, last yr). If UND comes out ready to play and doesnt take them lightly, they should embarrass Robert Morris. I go to college in PA, about 20mins from RMU so I get to see a lot of their games....pitiful. Might as well be a club roller hockey team.

I've seen my share of Bemidji St./RMU games over the past few years (yes, I know, you're jealous :lol:) . RMU always plays BSU tough and fairly close, and BSU usually plays UND fairly close. So yes, UND should roll, and I hope they do, but I wouldn't take RMU too lightly either.

Dell needs to start on Friday night and the team can evaluate Saturday after that. Keep getting him the game reps he needs to get him ready for the gopher series, but don't over do it with his work load by any means. I think Hakstol has kind of hinted that Eids will get a start with his mentioning of how hard Brad has worked in practice (In coach speak, thats giving us all a reason for him to be in the net on Saturday).

Hard work in practice is great - can he stop the puck/stay in the net?

Dell is much more fundamentally sound than Eids

I've seen my share of Bemidji St./RMU games over the past few years (yes, I know, you're jealous :lol:) . RMU always plays BSU tough and fairly close, and BSU usually plays UND fairly close. So yes, UND should roll, and I hope they do, but I wouldn't take RMU too lightly either.

I'm not sure how much can be taken from the "RMU played BSU tough, and BSU plays UND tough" argument though... Look at it this way - BSU and RMU played 7 times last year and 7 times in '08-'09 (and all after January 29th). So, in about 13 and a half months (between Jan 30, 2009 and March 13, 2010), BSU and RMU played 14 times. Any chance Derek Schooley and Tom Serratore got a pretty good idea what the other team was planning on doing, and each kid on each team knew the other pretty damn well?

Sioux roll. I'm guessing Dell plays Friday and maybe eidsness Saturday? Who knows but I have been more than impressed with Dell and he has proven he's the guy for this years squad. Dell has very little wasted movement and as long as he doesn't try and handle the puck that much the Sioux will win many more games. Mac and blood destroy some minuteman and frats continues his goal scoring parade. Go Sioux!!

• Upvote 1

Normally when a player skates a long shift, it's selfish. But when Robert Morris stays on the ice for 60 minutes, it's OK because he doesn't have any teammates.

Also, he must have been the number one recruiting class the year he started, what with his immense versatility and stamina.

Normally when a player skates a long shift, it's selfish. But when Robert Morris stays on the ice for 60 minutes, it's OK because he doesn't have any teammates.

Also, he must have been the number one recruiting class the year he started, what with his immense versatility and stamina.

I lived down the street from a Jason Morris once. I wonder if they're cousins?

I plan on being there tonight. Go Sioux!!!