SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Duluth

GeauxSioux

NO. 4 UMD AND NO. 3 NORTH DAKOTA TO CHRISTEN AMSOIL ARENA THURSDAY NIGHT

montyAMSOIL.jpg

The $80-million, 6,732-seat AMSOIL Arena will hold its long-awaited and much-anticipated grand opening this Thursday (Dec. 30) when the University of Minnesota Duluth and the University of North Dakota hook up in the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game. The puck drops at 7:37 p.m. with pregame festivities beginning approximately 30 minutes earlier. .....

........THE RIVALRY: The Bulldogs and Fighting Sioux will collide for the 217th time Thursday night in a rivalry which began on Nov. 26, 1954 at the old Duluth Curling Club. North Dakota is 133-74-9 lifetime against UMD and has won five of its last seven engagements with its long-time adversary. Earlier this year, (Nov. 5-6) the two clubs traded win at Ralph Engelstad Arena with the host Fighting Sioux taking the opener 4-2 before UMD rebounded the next evening with a much-needed 3-2 overtime triumph. Senior right winger Justin Fontaine picked up a goal both nights, including the game-winner 58 seconds into the extra session on Nov. 6.

Lets go SIOUX!!!

Sioux take another arena opener away from a wcha team. Minus hextall-gregoire-forbort-Nelson....did I just say that ? :)) Duluth is missing their top 2 d men in faulk and Olsen to the wit. Umd can beat anyone if that top line isn't at least held in check. Dell remains solid! Go Sioux!!

You still not coming to the game tomorrow night Goon? I'd buy you a beer at the Sports Garden......or the TOGA! :)

Should be a great night, two top teams with a good rivalry the last few years and breaking in a new arena!

I don't have a ticket and there is a blizzard coming, I think I will take a rain check till the Final Five I am definitely going to that... I wish I was going I have the next two days off as well...

Edited by Goon

This should be a great game and a really fun time. Bulldog fans are great college hockey fans and I am always happy to see their team do well, right behind the Sioux at all times anyway.

If anyone has tickets in the Cities, or on the way up the I-35 corridor, and decides to stand down due to travel, weather, or other needs or concerns, let me know and I will take one or more tickets off your hands and load up the trusty Exploder for a last minute trip north.

All who are lucky enough to be going, enjoy what should be a great time. Drive safely.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Leaning towards skipping the B2 webcast and just throwing on the headset so I can get an objective take on the game from TH :huh:;) and let the visions of sugar plums dance in my head!

If we are going to finally say "hot goalie" and "we stole one" in the same breath...it might have to be tonight. In Dell, we trust! Frattin for Hobey! Chay for President!

GO SIOUX!