SiouxSports.com Forum

Genoway

ChadR

Chay Genoway had a great post game skate over at the Olympic Arena. He neeeded that one. Rough game for him......Ooooofda.

Ps. How do you bag skate yourself? I bet he had a great couple HOT LAPS. Reminded me of Mark Dobmierer over at River Cities Speedway

This just goes to show what kind of leader Chay is. I think most of the team should have joined him.

There were a few guys that weren't moving their feet last night. I also wonder if the coaching staff should consider putting the team in a hotel on Friday nights when they are playing at home? They seem to lack focus on Saturday nights and you don't see that as much on the road.

There were a few guys that weren't moving their feet last night. I also wonder if the coaching staff should consider putting the team in a hotel on Friday nights when they are playing at home? They seem to lack focus on Saturday nights and you don't see that as much on the road.

I think our budget could be better spent elsewhere. :lol:

I like that Schlossman recognized the fact that Genoway did it without wanting any type of recognition. What a great example for the rest of the team, hopefully this is something that rubs off on the rest of the team.

I like the idea of keeping the team at a hotel Friday night. Although you would hope the players are mature enough to get themselves ready for game 2 of the weekend without any special type of treatment. Here is a question. When the Sioux hosted the regional a couple years ago (Holy Cross) did the team stay in a hotel that weekend?

I know the Vikings stay at a hotel for a home game even during pre season.

Not that we want to necessarily do what the Vikings do, but it's a good idea in my opinion.

I like that Schlossman recognized the fact that Genoway did it without wanting any type of recognition. What a great example for the rest of the team, hopefully this is something that rubs off on the rest of the team.

I like the idea of keeping the team at a hotel Friday night. Although you would hope the players are mature enough to get themselves ready for game 2 of the weekend without any special type of treatment. Here is a question. When the Sioux hosted the regional a couple years ago (Holy Cross) did the team stay in a hotel that weekend?

I went back and watched last night's game and there were a few guys not moving their feet... I applaud the effort by Genoway but maybe a few more guys need to gas themselves... That being said I have seen some things this season I haven't seen since probably 2000-2001, there is lot of experienced talent on the ice and it's seems to be gelling and coming together. I like the Kristo and Cichy pairing those two guys are flying up and down the ice.

I went back and watched last night's game and there were a few guys not moving their feet... I applaud the effort by Genoway but maybe a few more guys need to gas themselves... That being said I have seen some things this season I haven't seen since probably 2000-2001, there is lot of experienced talent on the ice and it's seems to be gelling and coming together. I like the Kristo and Cichy pairing those two guys are flying up and down the ice.

Does everyone think for one moment that Genoway is the only player working hard to improve his game? The Genoway hype here does remind me of Farve, it is all about them. Most of the players put in extra time in the weight room after games, voluntary on and off ice workouts in the morning or after practice. Maybe he thinks he need to bag skate because he wants to work on increasing the length of his shifts which most are over a minutes long and several were well over 2 minutes. Get off and let a fresh TEAMMATE on the ice to play defense. A minus 5 with all his ice time is quite clear. When this Genoway show ends and team Fighting Sioux is allowed to play, they should go a long way this year.

^Yeah, you're right, Goon. Once this team figures out what it is, I think they will go on a big run. It seems they have a little attention deficit going on again last night they absolutely dominated the opponent for 10 minutes (even switching out lines and both defensemen while they cycle the puck down deep) and then they'll seem to lose focus and not be able to get the puck out of their own end.

We're sixteen games into the season, and there aren't a whole lot of rough edges left to polish.

Does everyone think for one moment that Genoway is the only player working hard to improve his game? The Genoway hype here does remind me of Farve, it is all about them. Most of the players put in extra time in the weight room after games, voluntary on and off ice workouts in the morning or after practice. Maybe he thinks he need to bag skate because he wants to work on increasing the length of his shifts which most are over a minutes long and several were well over 2 minutes. Get off and let a fresh TEAMMATE on the ice to play defense. A minus 5 with all his ice time is quite clear. When this Genoway show ends and team Fighting Sioux is allowed to play, they should go a long way this year.

Ummmmmmmm...Chuck, you know who just took out behind the woodshed in the above post?

"BLASHEMY!!! Stone him, stone him!" :lol:

Note to self...Chuck makes some very valid points.

Really, come on, CowboyChuck has the right idea. While Genoway was doing his bag skating, here's what Mario Lamoureux was doing.

Now that's how you deal with a tough loss.

(you probably don't want to watch this at work with the sound on, and no it's not pr0n)

that's some sick !@#$

At least one of Chuck's points is among the stupidest ever posted here: His idea that it's all about Genoway, and not the team. This guy has bled green. Did his teammates overlook his selfishness when they voted him captain? Twice? Was that what they were thinking when they pushed him out to accept the Broadmoor last year?

It absolutely took Genoway a while to get going this year. Physically he was a step behind his normal self, and he wasn't able to get away with things he had in the past. That resulted in some turnovers, some of which ended up in the net. It looked like he was trying to do too much. But he started to look like himself when the home schedule opened, and he has been great for a while now.

As for long shifts, the only thing I care about is the coaches' opinion. If he's doing what they ask, your beef is with them. And I can't imagine he's had any 2+ minute shifts, unless a group has gotten caught out there, unable to change.

I know the Vikings stay at a hotel for a home game even during pre season.

Not that we want to necessarily do what the Vikings do, but it's a good idea in my opinion.

Every NFL team does

They rent entire floors and no one is allowed except players, no wives, no families, no friends.

Usually have meetings from 8-10

Cowboychuck's real name is Andy and he lives in Seattle. Apparently Oxbow helps out with the rent occasionally, but you can listen to Cowboychuck here.....

Cowboychuck's real name is Andy and he lives in Seattle. Apparently Oxbow helps out with the rent occasionally, but you can listen to Cowboychuck here.....

Ahhhh...the "Rick" is back.

We missed your wit...or attempt at it. :huh:

Ahhhh...the "Rick" is back.

We missed your wit...or attempt at it. :huh:

Well, if you know Genoway at all, you know that statements like this are idiotic:

"The Genoway hype here does remind me of Farve, it is all about them"

"Maybe he thinks he need to bag skate because he wants to work on increasing the length of his shifts"

Only "Andy" could make statements like that and I'm surprised that he could find someone else to agree with him. :huh: