SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BULLDOGS - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Pretty good game for the Sioux. We've got to learn to adjust to the refs, if that's even possible with the lack of consistency. Look forward to a good series next weekend in Madison, but some of us have to get up at 5:30 for work in the morning. Goodnight everyone.

Schlossman quote: "Here's the scenario. Game tied 2-2. Goes to OT. UND wins on a goal by Alyssa Wiebe, the talented player who hadn't scored all year. So yes, I've got to call a Danny Kristo goal in OT, right? "

I would just like to see Kristo score any goal.

That second period can't ever happen again.....I know they spent a good part of it killing penalties, but it just can't happen......

Its funny how UND had 4 or 5 great chances to win the game in regulation and then in OT right away and they end up losing the game on Duluth's first great chance in a long time.....I don't mind how aggressive the sioux were right away in OT, but if Genoway pinches like that a forward needs to drop back and take his place. Hextall even mentioned the mental mistake on his post game interview on TV...tough....

You take away the top line and Duluth is probably an average team. What will they do when all three of those guys leave next year?

Very disappointing. I hope this team starts getting its act together cause so far this team has been a bit on the unimpressive side. This could've been a sweep.

Hopefully the puck will eventually start going in more often for us with the amount of chances we get...

The next four games are very important. If they come home under .500 for the season it will be very disappointing with a veteran team. Hopefully they can go 3-1, but Wisconsin and Omaha are playing well right now. With all the players Wisconsin lost, I didn't think they would have started off so well. The Sioux should be favored with their talent, but it seems even with good talent the Sioux just are not that great before Christmas. The Sioux need to do something to break the trend of playing mediocre or worse before Christmas, go on a tear after Christmas, and come up just short at the end of the season. Hopefully they start changing that trend this weekend in Wisconsin.

Back from the game.

That non-call at the end when Malone (I believe) got dumped was horrible.

Duluth won tonight, but man, I really do believe the Sioux are the better team. Duluth reminds me of a team like AA or Michigan Tech at times, they wait, wait, wait, and jump on mistakes. That top line is good, but didn't blow me away, they got the goals tonight, but were kept in check for most of the weekend. Like someone said, UMD is a 1-line team, shut that line down, they aren't more than average. That said, they found a way to get a road split, key for a top 6 finish in this league. It sucked to see Genoway pinch at the end and cost us the 2 on 1.

• Upvote 1

Who were the refs tonite?

Brad Sheppard (33) and 9-C.J. Beaurline Sheppard was the one closest to that take down of Malone in the last minutes, not that I think we would have scored for sure.

Goon put the numbers on his website. I have this page saved on my phone's bookmarks.

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2010/09/wcha-officials-numbers.html

That second period can't ever happen again.....I know they spent a good part of it killing penalties, but it just can't happen......

Its funny how UND had 4 or 5 great chances to win the game in regulation and then in OT right away and they end up losing the game on Duluth's first great chance in a long time.....I don't mind how aggressive the sioux were right away in OT, but if Genoway pinches like that a forward needs to drop back and take his place. Hextall even mentioned the mental mistake on his post game interview on TV...tough....

You take away the top line and Duluth is probably an average team. What will they do when all three of those guys leave next year?

You can say that about just every team. Duluth has five players with as many or more points than our leading scorer, so I hardly think they are a one line team. They also have a number of great defensemen. Just because we don't see them every night, doesn't mean they aren't good players. I'm sure other teams don't think of Lamoureux, Rowney, Cichy, Bruneteau, Davidson, as good players because their numbers aren't such that you would think they are big threats. So far this year if you look past the top three of each team, Duluth has better production-- pointwise.

Back from the game.

That non-call at the end when Malone (I believe) got dumped was horrible.

Duluth won tonight, but man, I really do believe the Sioux are the better team. Duluth reminds me of a team like AA or Michigan Tech at times, they wait, wait, wait, and jump on mistakes. That top line is good, but didn't blow me away, they got the goals tonight, but were kept in check for most of the weekend. Like someone said, UMD is a 1-line team, shut that line down, they aren't more than average. That said, they found a way to get a road split, key for a top 6 finish in this league. It sucked to see Genoway pinch at the end and cost us the 2 on 1.

I assume you know that UMD's second line has 33 points, 10 less than the first line and 3 more than the Sioux's top three scorers........the stats indicate they have more scoring than the one line.

Good weekend of hockey. I think UMD got a huge break with the non call at the end of regulation and the Sioux did not get a bounce in the last five minutes. But, there were some questionable calls last night as well, couple on the Sioux and I thought the call on Lamb that lead to the Sioux 3rd goal was weak. Thats hockey.

Glad this weekend is over, now I can get back to cheering for both teams next week. Go Dogs against Tech and Go Sioux against the Badgers.

I assume you know that UMD's second line has 33 points, 10 less than the first line and 3 more than the Sioux's top three scorers........the stats indicate they have more scoring than the one line.

Good weekend of hockey. I think UMD got a huge break with the non call at the end of regulation and the Sioux did not get a bounce in the last five minutes. But, there were some questionable calls last night as well, couple on the Sioux and I thought the call on Lamb that lead to the Sioux 3rd goal was weak. Thats hockey.

Glad this weekend is over, now I can get back to cheering for both teams next week. Go Dogs against Tech and Go Sioux against the Badgers.

I was unaware of that stat. I have heard Fontaine, Connelly Connelly like they are Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe. Sick of it.

That said, this UMD team still didn't impress me I guess. I really do feel UND is the better team, yet we are looking at a 2 point weekend.

Aaron Dell impressed me this weekend, was solid.

That said, this UMD team still didn't impress me I guess. I really do feel UND is the better team, yet we are looking at a 2 point weekend.

Aaron Dell impressed me this weekend, was solid.

They didn't impress me either... Two of our top defenseman were out this weekend. If they are the second best team in the nation we are number three.

Faulk played a solid game. He made one really nice play where he jumped up and gave the Dogs a chance. He also played with a little bit of a mean streak taking down Malone.

He looks like a legit defenseman, but he is a long way from the NHL...

My take on the game was that Duluth came out with a compete level of 9 and we had a 6. They out hustled and wreaked havoc all over the rink. They appeared to have the extra step tonight and it put us on our heels especially in our own zone. We scrambled a bunch, rarely attacked the neutral zone in a coordinated fashion.

All defensemen with the exception of Blood looked like they were not ready to play tonight.

This was a street fight, not a heavy weight bout...unfortunately

Hockey East is better than anything in the WCHA I've seen so far this year.

It is early in the year...we have a lot of work to do, and I am optimistic that the team that takes the ice in March and April will be much better than this one.

Faulk played a solid game. He made one really nice play where he jumped up and gave the Dogs a chance. He also played with a little bit of a mean streak taking down Malone.

He looks like a legit defenseman, but he is a long way from the NHL...

My take on the game was that Duluth came out with a compete level of 9 and we had a 6. They out hustled and wreaked havoc all over the rink. They appeared to have the extra step tonight and it put us on our heels especially in our own zone. We scrambled a bunch, rarely attacked the neutral zone in a coordinated fashion.

All defensemen with the exception of Blood looked like they were not ready to play tonight.

This was a street fight, not a heavy weight bout...unfortunately

Hockey East is better than anything in the WCHA I've seen so far this year.

It is early in the year...we have a lot of work to do, and I am optimistic that the team that takes the ice in March and April will be much better than this one.

I can't remember a college hockey series with so many blocked dump in's and blocked neutral zone passes. I don't think it was sloppy play either, the Sioux dominated this part of the game Friday, UMD dominated this part of the game tonight.

I believe Faulk is UMD's top plus minus player at +8. Dylan Olsen (who is much improved over last year) is next at +7.

Is it too much to ask that Hak's teams play up to potential the first half of the year? This mediocre play every season is getting old. Same old - we make every goalie look like an all-american and our defense makes critical errors. With our talent and experience, we should expect better. This is an every year thing and has happened too often to be a coincidence.

They didn't impress me either... Two of our top defenseman were out this weekend. If they are the second best team in the nation we are number three.

Except that most of the goals Duluth scored this weekend were against our best defensemen, not the replacements.

Yeah, glad to see someone agrees.. It isn't sour grapes on my part either.

It is what it is, if UMD is the second or third best team in the nation we are right behind them because, they aren't better than us.

I mean seriously, we have two of our top defensemen out with illnesses, one of our top forwards were suspended, I don't think we can get too upset. So I would say that we have better dept.

Except that most of the goals Duluth scored this weekend were against our best defensemen, not the replacements.

Really, Forbort and MacWilliams are probably two of our best defenseman. Both sitting in the stands right down the row from me. They weren't on the ice.