SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday Thread: UND @ USD

UNDvince97-01

Dear Coach Mussman

Please stop calling QB run plays when Landry is in the game! It is painful to watch him attempt to run the ball.

He will likely consider your suggestion next season...speaking of running QB...has Goska seen the field today?

Maybe instead about bithching about landry you should be talking about the four hundred fifty yards of offense we gave up or how every game we lose he has to throw on every play because we are losing. The whole team plays a bad game and you blame him for everything. It's pretty obvious the coaches didn't have the team ready

Maybe instead about bithching about landry you should be talking about the four hundred fifty yards of offense we gave up or how every game we lose he has to throw on every play because we are losing. The whole team plays a bad game and you blame him for everything. It's pretty obvious the coaches didn't have the team ready

You are 100% wrong.

We should be bitching about Landry AND what you mentioned above, Mussman needs to go. Sick of the inconsistancy.

You are 100% wrong.

We should be bitching about Landry AND what you mentioned above, Mussman needs to go. Sick of the inconsistancy.

Maybe USD is better than we thought and give credit for. If we lose at home to SUU then start writing up the walking papers for Mussman.

You are 100% wrong.

I agree about mussman he seems to have the attitude that it's ok to lose as long as it's a close game. The program should be much further along than this. And Landry is a good QB I don't like the offensive play calling at all and other than hardin he has no other threats what so ever

I agree about mussman he seems to have the attitude that it's ok to lose as long as it's a close game. The program should be much further along than this. And Landry is a good QB I don't like the offensive play calling at all and other than hardin he has no other threats what so ever

Anyone else notice that when Mussman was talking to Ed "where am I right now" Meirkort at the end of the game, he pointed to the endzone where the questionable TD call occurred in the first half? Muss, calls go both ways, get over it, and focus on the gameplan instead of how the refs "jobbed" you on one!

Maybe USD is better than we thought and give credit for. If we lose at home to SUU then start writing up the walking papers for Mussman.

The Coyote defense has gotten lit up for most of the season up to this point and suddenly they are solid and stingy? I expected a shootout type game from both offenses, but only one showed up.

Jake can sometimes be his own worst enemy, but sometimes we don't lose because the qb spot, and the sooner you realize that the easier your life will become. What did Jake ever do to you? Steal your gf? We should feel fortunate that we've had as much success as we've had over the years in that dog & pony show of a facility they have down there. There was the one time that Murray got hit late (it was flagged) and richochetted off the folded up bleachers.

Dear USD nice win, but please blow up that sorry excuse of a facility. Playing in someones backyard would be better than that place. Granted it still would be a backyard in Vermillion but it still would be an improvement.

We've got a long bus ride to get focussed on performing well for Homecoming, and beating a SUU team that has had our number in recent years. I think they can, but they won't if they continue to tackle poorly or if your in man coverage with no help over the top, you had better not let that guy run past you, or better blocking by our line....I can keep going, as you can see it's across the board, but it's always easiest to blame Jake.

Jake can sometimes be his own worst enemy, but sometimes we don't lose because the qb spot, and the sooner you realize that the easier your life will become. What did Jake ever do to you? Steal your gf? We should feel fortunate that we've had as much success as we've had over the years in that dog & pony show of a facility they have down there. There was the one time that Murray got hit late (it was flagged) and richochetted off the folded up bleachers.

Dear USD nice win, but please blow up that sorry excuse of a facility. Playing in someones backyard would be better than that place. Granted it still would be a backyard in Vermillion but it still would be an improvement.

We've got a long bus ride to get focussed on performing well for Homecoming, and beating a SUU team that has had our number in recent years. I think they can, but they won't if they continue to tackle poorly or if your in man coverage with no help over the top, you had better not let that guy run past you, or better blocking by our line....I can keep going, as you can see it's across the board, but it's always easiest to blame Jake.

I agree, it always seems to be blame the QB, blame the coach, yada, yada, yada. It never seems to be about getting beat by a good (probably better than us, at this point) team, on their home field, no less, a place that's difficult to win in, no less. For crying out loud, 32 of our 58-man travelling squad are sophomores, r-freshmen, and true freshmen and a lot of them outstanding young players. I think we'll have a respectable season and be right where we want to be next season and, more importantly, the season after. Stay behind this team!

Anyone else notice that when Mussman was talking to Ed "where am I right now" Meirkort at the end of the game, he pointed to the endzone where the questionable TD call occurred in the first half? Muss, calls go both ways, get over it, and focus on the gameplan instead of how the refs "jobbed" you on one!

I think he was asking Meirekort what the long bomb in the endzone on the last play was all about. We talked earlier this year about stuff like that, and although I don't care that much one way or another, I definitely wouldn't want our coaches to be pulling that with a few seconds left and a 10-point lead. I'm glad UND defended that pass, otherwise people would have been sidetracked by that play instead of what UND has to do to play more consistently.

Good points greenteam and MoSioux.

I guess I wish it were only a QB or coaching problem...but as you've alluded, there are more problems, and we probably did get beat by the better team today.

For me, it was the nature of HOW we got beat. Take away some blown coverages, turnovers, and coaching calls, maybe we are more competitive.

I will still be at the game next week, as I have been for the previous 2. It is just frustrating, and I need to have more patience. I was jealous watching Dante Warren throw the ball today though....

I think he was asking Meirekort what the long bomb in the endzone on the last play was all about. We talked earlier this year about stuff like that, and although I don't care that much one way or another, I definitely wouldn't want our coaches to be pulling that with a few seconds left and a 10-point lead. I'm glad UND defended that pass, otherwise people would have been sidetracked by that play instead of what UND has to do to play more consistently.

Ahhh, I turned it for a second as I was watching the sioux women play, missed that last play. I would be pissed too.

Please keep the facility, as if they get a better facility recruiting will only get better and they will be beating us more consistently than they do now.

If you would have told me five years ago that the Sioux women's hockey team would be getting more attention than the football team I would have called you nuts. I have a number of friends that constantly travel to close sioux football games, but decided to attend the women's home opener today instead....wow....

I'll bit## a little about Landry too. He got a lot of credit for last week when he tore up a DII type defense that had no clue what their assignments in the secondary were at times. He could have had like four interceptions today....lucky it was only two...

If you would have told me five years ago that the Sioux women's hockey team would be getting more attention than the football team I would have called you nuts. I have a number of friends that constantly travel to close sioux football games, but decided to attend the women's home opener today instead....wow....

I'll bit## a little about Landry too. He got a lot of credit for last week when he tore up a DII type defense that had no clue what their assignments in the secondary were at times. He could have had like four interceptions today....lucky it was only two...

You've gotta be freakin' kidding me. We've got huge problems in the athletic department if that's a common story. The women's hockey coach making more than the football coach is another huge problem but I digress.

You've gotta be freakin' kidding me. We've got huge problems in the athletic department if that's a common story. The women's hockey coach making more than the football coach is another huge problem but I digress.

That was my exact reaction. These are the same friends that in college drove down to Alabama to watch the sioux play in a couple of national championship games......

Must be something about those Lamoureaxs..... :lol:

My thoughts are the defense didn't have a great game, and the only reason I say this is because they let USD covert a sick percentage of 3rd downs. The defense was on the field a way to long and it showed because in the first have the USD qb scrambled for some yard but the USD rbs didn't do anything. later in the game the rbs for USD had more success running the ball. Very little pass rush most of the day and when they got some the QB made plays like most people would have expected. They just needed to be a lot better on third down and I think some of that problem can sit on the defensive coaching staffs shoulders but certainly not all of the blame (players still have to make plays)

Offensively I thought the play calling wasn't great (to much of the same stuff. I don't know how many times UND ran the fly sweep but it is a play that is typically only going to be good on the college level a couple times a game and UND ran it at least 5 times if not more. It worked for positive yards the first couple of times and then USD shut it down. I really like Josh Murry as a RB but I don't think he had a great game today. He seemed a half step slow and it cost him a bunch of yards and a couple first downs could sustained drives on third down plays if he just hits the hole a little faster. I still think he is a hell of a rb, but it wasn't a great day for him. Now on to Landry, sometimes he looks very good but he is just not consistent. His numbers looked really good last week because of all the big plays but his passing percentage wasn't that great last week consider how good the rest of the numbers were. The fumble was terrible, he should not be running the ball on designed runs (completely on the coaches), the first pick was just a little short but the WR needs to help out and not let the db catch the ball, and the last pick was bad because he had a guy wide open he just has to get the ball over the LB. I think Landry holds the ball to long, but in the hurry up leading to the last INT I thought he looked really good. The yote players must have some stick um on the gloves they wear because they catch anything that is near them, which isn't the case for the sioux. It pretty much sucks when a qb is playing well and the wr have trouble catching and vice versa.

Of the 4 Dakota teams that moved up do DI, who do you think is doing the worst at this point in time? We started the journey with a SOLID DII program. It kills me to see all of the Dakota schools ahead of us. Mussman needs to get his s**t together