SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at Northern Illinois

star2city

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any information on group tickets for UND fans?

I moved back to northern Illinois after being in Grand Forks for almost five years, my Mom is an NIU grad so I want to go to the game for sure! My Dad is a Cal Poly grad and we beat them last year, gotta get the parent's college's sweep by UND. I'll be in Dekalb for the game for sure!

I havn't look up your schedule, do you play Northern Illinois this year? If so the Vandals played them last year and beat them in their house. It was a great game that was too close for comfort. They are a decent team. Not sure what they lost but their offense was pretty good.

I havn't look up your schedule, do you play Northern Illinois this year? If so the Vandals played them last year and beat them in their house. It was a great game that was too close for comfort. They are a decent team. Not sure what they lost but their offense was pretty good.

Yeah, the Sioux are visiting Northern Illinois the week after we are at Idaho.

Yeah, the Sioux are visiting Northern Illinois the week after we are at Idaho.

I realize this is a long time ago, but UND and Northern Illinois do have a football history. In 1965, UND after narrowly losing to archrival NDSU 6-3 at Dacotah Field in Fargo, in a game more than likely played for what was then called the small college (or College Division) national championship, UND in the Mineral Bowl just outside Kansas City, Missouri, defeated Northern Illinois 37-20. Quite a few of those Sioux went on to play, however briefly, in the National Football League.

Reminder: If you have Directv and the sports package you can watch Sioux vs Idaho on Altitude at channel 681. Unfortunately if you want to add this package for $12.99 per month AND have an older viewing package, you have to upgrade your package first to add the sports package and you cannot return to the old package unless you do it in 30 days. Directv way of raising prices, but not really having to face up to it with you directly until you try to add a feature.

There are a few threads here regarding North Dakota. They don't sound very high on their quarterback Grady. It sounds as though they struggle in the passing game. Many of the fans would like him replaced. Hmmm, who does that sound like.

One of the threads discussed how the defense was surprised that quarterbacks can run. I think the Sioux have a quarterback that runs. Maybe the Sioux should start Gos...., nah that would never work.

I"m gonna guess...........

Northern Illinois ......21

North Dakota ...........20

Seems like a better matchup for our favorite squad..............and I can't remember the last time we were embarrassed two weeks in a row.

I will also predict that Goska plays just one 4th quarter series that will result in 3 first downs, one 20+ yard gain, and no points.

SUTTON + MURRAY + GOSKA = THE VEER........................

I"m gonna guess...........

Northern Illinois ......21

North Dakota ...........20

Seems like a better matchup for our favorite squad..............and I can't remember the last time we were embarrassed two weeks in a row.

I will also predict that Goska plays just one 4th quarter series that will result in 3 first downs, one 20+ yard gain, and no points.

SUTTON + MURRAY + GOSKA = THE VEER........................

That almost makes too much sense. I am going to this game and hope that the Sioux play a lot better than they did against Idaho. While i will be dissapointed if they lose I would at least like them to show up on offense and play with some passion.

FB NOTES: Sioux suit up to face second FBS opponent

On Saturday, Sept. 11, the University of North Dakota will face its second Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) opponent in as many games. The Fighting Sioux will travel southeast to Illinois to face the Huskies of Northern Illinois. The Saturday evening kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. (central) at the Huskie Stadium in DeKalb, Ill....

Saturday's game will mark the second meeting between North Dakota and Northern Illinois. The series opened between the two teams when they met in the 1965 Mineral Water Bowl in Excelsior Springs, Mo. On that day, UND forced eight UNI turnovers while committing none enroute to beating the Huskies, 37-20.

Since history repeated itself with Idaho, with the Sioux losing their only two games against Idaho 45-0, let's hope the Sioux can repeat history with NIU.

Go Sioux!!!

A two day bus ride to DeKalb isn't going to help the boys bring their "A" Game on the field or the classroom. And then the ride back to the Forks. Yuk.

Are you sure that they are bussing down? It is 95% or more interstate, but even so it is about 12+ hours total with no delays. Lots of study time. Flying thru MSP to O'hare and then bussing out would still take at least half that unless they chartered direct. Those busses are pretty comfy though.

Are you sure that they are bussing down? It is 95% or more interstate, but even so it is about 12+ hours total with no delays. Lots of study time. Flying thru MSP to O'hare and then bussing out would still take at least half that unless they chartered direct. Those busses are pretty comfy though.

Mussman said so in the press conference yesterday.