SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at Northern Illinois

star2city

Recall that the Bison lost only 2 games in two years and won 3 of 4 games against FBS teams, the loss by one point. They beat both FCS and FBS teams and gained national attention BEFORE they were playoff eligible. I remember that more than I remember who won the MVFC those years or who was FCS national champion. I am a Sioux fan, but you have to respect the program they put on the field during that period. This year's KU win will eventually be evaluated as the season progresses, but in the meantime you have to admit that it was college football news while UND's hammering at Idaho was lost in the wind. In spite of a poor record the last 2 years, the Bison have not been blown out in any game they have played. Again, I hope that UND can begin to match up better as they grow the program, but the fact is it is tougher now than it was in the past so it could be a very difficult road for many years.

You are assuming. The only way to compare the teams is to get them on the field at the same time. NDSU hasn't beaten a good team in two years and that includes Kansas. UND hasn't necessarily either besides maybe Cal Poly. Not getting blown out doesn't save jobs (Mussmans or Bohls) and we won't know about the quality of recruits for a few years so only time will tell. I completely disagree with your whole post and think you might have a little bit of the wrong color green in you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't an either/or proposition between FBS wins and playoffs at the end of transition. I don't expect FBS wins and no playoffs. I also don't expect Idaho blowouts and Sioux Falls losses either. I expect a respectable FBS showing, protect your home field, and be in position to compete for the playoffs when that time comes. That means show up in Dekalb.

You are assuming. The only way to compare the teams is to get them on the field at the same time. NDSU hasn't beaten a good team in two years and that includes Kansas. UND hasn't necessarily either besides maybe Cal Poly. Not getting blown out doesn't save jobs (Mussmans or Bohls) and we won't know about the quality of recruits for a few years so only time will tell. I completely disagree with your whole post and think you might have a little bit of the wrong color green in you.

You need to think with your head more and less with your heart. I am a died in the wool Sioux fan for almost 60 years and I am not assuming anything nor comparing anything, just saying the Bison have done some good things since going DI. the Sioux have too, but to a lesser extent. Whether NDSU has beaten a good team in two years is not the issue. The issue is can UND grow enough as a program to gain similar respect around the region. Time will tell about this and just how good KU and NDSU are this year.

You need to think with your head more and less with your heart. I am a died in the wool Sioux fan for almost 60 years and I am not assuming anything nor comparing anything, just saying the Bison have done some good things since going DI. the Sioux have too, but to a lesser extent. Whether NDSU has beaten a good team in two years is not the issue. The issue is can UND grow enough as a program to gain similar respect around the region. Time will tell about this and just how good KU and NDSU are this year.

Your last 15 posts have been about how poor UND athletics is and your threads you've started have been about how bad our hockey team was last year and how our scheduling sucks because its wasn't done for next year even though this season hadn't even started yet. Yes, you are complaining and comparing alot. I'd be happy to give you my thoughts through PM but I want to get this thread back on topic.

I hope to see our team show improvement this week which shouldn't be hard. A lot fewer mistakes would go a long way. You can't turn it over five times and not move the ball against the QB many have as the 3rd best elgible for the draft this year or 45-0 is what you get. We need to be more phyiscal and get after Northern Illinois. If I see that than I will be happy as I think the outcome will show it.

Your last 15 posts have been about how poor UND athletics is and your threads you've started have been about how bad our hockey team was last year and how our scheduling sucks because its wasn't done for next year even though this season hadn't even started yet. Yes, you are complaining and comparing alot. I'd be happy to give you my thoughts through PM but I want to get this thread back on topic.

I hope to see our team show improvement this week which shouldn't be hard. A lot fewer mistakes would go a long way. You can't turn it over five times and not move the ball against the QB many have as the 3rd best elgible for the draft this year or 45-0 is what you get. We need to be more phyiscal and get after Northern Illinois. If I see that than I will be happy as I think the outcome will show it.

Reality show.

FCS sucks...and didn't Cal Poly only win 4 games last year? they were good when they played us a few years back. but not good at all last year

Ole, I agree with what your saying. Most on here don't want to admit that so far we have had a very poor transition in all sports. Especially a guy with 'HOMER" as his name. Recruiting in B.Ball and football is almost impossible compared to who we are going against.

What can we sell to the players that NDSU and SDSU or UNI doesn't have in spades. Absolutely nothing!! That's just reality. So we are left with leftovers and recruiting in places far from home.

We thought it's bad now. Try recruiting when everyone knows Poly and Davis are gone and we have no one else to play.

Homer, I commend your optimism however misguided it might be.

Ole, I agree with what your saying. Most on here don't want to admit that so far we have had a very poor transition in all sports. Especially a guy with 'HOMER" as his name. Recruiting in B.Ball and football is almost impossible compared to who we are going against.

What can we sell to the players that NDSU and SDSU or UNI doesn't have in spades. Absolutely nothing!! That's just reality. So we are left with leftovers and recruiting in places far from home.

We thought it's bad now. Try recruiting when everyone knows Poly and Davis are gone and we have no one else to play.

Homer, I commend your optimism however misguided it might be.

The Sioux have developed a pretty good pipeline recruiting in states other than Cali but even so only travel out there once a year anyways. I'm sure that can still be arranged if it is such a problem. There are a few other schools out west. My "misguided" optimism comes from having the opportunity to go to a few practices and watch the team and also watching the spring game. I'm not basing my optimism on one game and slitting my wrists like the few who want to call me out for simply stating this team is getting better and more athletic than what it was. If actually seeing it makes my optimism misguided than maybe it is. I'm not worried about recruiting and I'm not dwelling on getting blown out by a team that could prove to be a pretty good football team this year.

Anyways, glad to see your back to trolling and taking shots at UND when you get a chance. I thought maybe we wouldn't see you again until bball season but I guess you couldn't wait. Best of luck to your Bison today against N Iowa.

So I've been outta the Sioux ring for far too long. I didn't even realize we got our asses handed to us against Idaho last week until I looked it up just a little bit ago. Hopefully we can do better today against NIU! I'm hoping for a Sioux win after seeing that horrible score! Is there any tv for this? I'm planning on being at Joe Senser's in Bloomington to watch football the rest of the day starting with the Mich/Irish game and would love to have a channel to suggest for them to put on the Sioux football game.

Also, it's very fun to watch the Coyotes beating the Gophers! One of my really good friend's boyfriend is the QB for them, so I'm having a lot of fun cheering for them! :)

So I've been outta the Sioux ring for far too long. I didn't even realize we got our asses handed to us against Idaho last week until I looked it up just a little bit ago. Hopefully we can do better today against NIU! I'm hoping for a Sioux win after seeing that horrible score! Is there any tv for this? I'm planning on being at Joe Senser's in Bloomington to watch football the rest of the day starting with the Mich/Irish game and would love to have a channel to suggest for them to put on the Sioux football game.

Also, it's very fun to watch the Coyotes beating the Gophers! One of my really good friend's boyfriend is the QB for them, so I'm having a lot of fun cheering for them! :)

Nebraska is pounding Idaho 24-0. Nebraska is ranked in the top 10.

• 2 months later...