SiouxSports.com Forum

More Bison in trouble

siouxoutlaw

"The Bison announced Saturday that two players, defensive end Garrett Johnson and defensive tackle Greg Reid, have been suspended for a violation of team rules."

When is this going to quit for that team? Is "violation of team rules" the baggage that comes with a DI FB team?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be careful to throw too many rocks. It's not like we haven't had players in trouble for team rules or academics before.

I'm not saying that at all. The sioux are not without fault and have had players dismissed, sit out and just not come back for a variety of reasons.

Does anyone remember the Burt Reynolds movie Longest Yard? Pretty soon there will be a group of Bison football players who will be able to take on the prison guards. I would pay to go to that game. The guards would probably be favored though.

Yeah, on this one I'm definitely not going to throw any fuel on anyones fire after our recent history with the some of the players on our team-- not going to class, heck we've had 2 linebackers recently, do some aggregious things and they are no longer here. So in regards to the program to the south, it's seems to be something that many football programs around the country are having to continually deal with, unfortunately. Including us. With 90 to 100 guys in one program, any program for that matter- it lends itself to having this happen from time to time, with a few players, I know we are not immune. I do believe as a program you are charged with helping young men grow and develop- I feel at our school, we've had a good track record of coaches and staff that have done a very good job of it. (sometimes a few guys will slip through) I feel that we still have the good bunch of coaches and staff to continue to lead our players not only to be great student athletes but also good citizens, which I think is something we have over a lot of other institutions.

I'm not saying that at all. The sioux are not without fault and have had players dismissed, sit out and just not come back for a variety of reasons.

I wasn't directing that at you. It was just a general comment. When news like this comes out the threads about it can sometimes turn into nasty flame wars.

They don't give us a free pass when we have someone in trouble. I suppose we shouldn't stoop to their level though. You have to admit they have had more than their share of athletes in trouble this last year or so.

Maybe if it looks like they may need them to make the playoffs midway through the season, it will be determined that they have paid their debt to the team and will be reinstated. Oh wait, that is what Hakstol does, not Bohl.

A 20 game suspension in hockey is the same as a two year suspension in football..................

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

I agree, no need to throw stones, I know no details. But I do know that our very own best offensive player is not eligible for spring ball and supposedlye on "very thin ice".

Maybe if it looks like they may need them to make the playoffs midway through the season, it will be determined that they have paid their debt to the team and will be reinstated. Oh wait, that is what Hakstol does, not Bohl.

Your really going to go there? We haven't had the time with this some of you would have had if rolls where reversed but we can. You have guys involved in a theft ring thats well over $100,000 and your going to start talking !@#$? Are you sure these where the only two guys involved. I heard there was a list with 15 football players names on it, what happened to the other 13 guys? This is a little more serious than being drunk and throwing stuff in the street, or getting a minor or DUI. This is borderline federal offense.

But if you do want to compare how Bohl handles alcohol related offenses he's suspened guys for about 20% of the season even if they had two offenses. I would say Hakstol's punishment is 50% was more than enough. I guess maybe you should go back and take some of those ndsu math classes.

A 20 game suspension in hockey is the same as a two year suspension in football..................

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

I agree, no need to throw stones, I know no details. But I do know that our very own best offensive player is not eligible for spring ball and supposedlye on "very thin ice".

Um, actually 20 games is less than half of the 42 games this year, not including exhibition. So I think that 6 games in football would be equal.

NDSU and UND have 2-3 players out of what, 300+ get in trouble every year, it comes with the territory. I say big deal, nowadays with the media and facebook, texting, message boards, we HEAR about all of it now.

Now, Bohl has given out 2 games here or there, but now its Zero Tolerance for a bigger misdemeanor/felony. I dont follow hockey at all , so i cant comment on what hackstall has done. carry on.

NDSU and UND have 2-3 players out of what, 300+ get in trouble every year, it comes with the territory. I say big deal, nowadays with the media and facebook, texting, message boards, we HEAR about all of it now.

Now, Bohl has given out 2 games here or there, but now its Zero Tolerance for a bigger misdemeanor/felony. I dont follow hockey at all , so i cant comment on what hackstall has done. carry on.

Your probably right. I'm sure before media, facebook, texting and message boards there where a lot more instances of bison players being involved in a theft ring well over $100,000 that we didn't hear about.

Your probably right. I'm sure before media, facebook, texting and message boards there where a lot more instances of bison players being involved in a theft ring well over $100,000 that we didn't hear about.

WOW you're really plugged in and really well connected. I'm impressed.

WOW you're really plugged in and really well connected. I'm impressed.

Just reading what your own fans are stating on your board Danno. These things where posted on BV a couple times and got removed for not having facts. Than the players that where named where suspended, seems they have some merit. Fargo is not that big, and with media, facebook, texting and message boards things get around. :lol:

If that's true I'm thinking that some Fargo law enforcement officials should be facing some legal scrutiny.

A source told me that was Best Buy's call. They wouldn't press charges if the items were just returned.