SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations Fighting Sioux! 2010 Broadmoor Trophy Champs!

AZ he was thinking "More Broads." He's a sexist pig.

Great win tonight. There were a couple gutsy things that really stand out. After going down two in the first minute they gutted it out and righted the ship.

Then they played third period with no legs at all. Even so they managed to gut out a win.

We could go somewhere this weekend. Look at the teams ranked over us. Miami--We tied them giving up a two goal lead. Denver--Just beat them decisively, but they'll be better next time. Wisconsin--Only saw them in December tied them once and lost a one goal team.

Then you have BC that we might be playing next weekend. Big question mark there. I don't want to play them and I doubt they want to share a bracket with us as well.

We could go somewhere this weekend. Look at the teams ranked over us. Miami--We tied them giving up a two goal lead. Denver--Just beat them decisively, but they'll be better next time. Wisconsin--Only saw them in December tied them once and lost a one goal team.

Then you have BC that we might be playing next weekend. Big question mark there. I don't want to play them and I doubt they want to share a bracket with us as well.

Big time gut-check win!

The regional?

Miami - bring 'em on!

Denver - stick a fork in 'em.

BC - we owe them.

I still think this team is a year early, but if they want to win it all this year, that's okay with me.

A bigtime effort and performance by the boys all weekend ......... nice job!

This team has an attitude and they will take on all comers at any site. :p

mich ........ dead

bc ...... dead

The quest for the frozen four has begun.

GOOOOOOOOOO SIOUX!

Congrats Sioux.To do it with the youngest team in the WCHA and without Chay is exrta sweet.Hakstols best coaching since he became head coach in my opinion.

If the Sioux make a good NCAA run, Hak should definitely have a legit shot at national coach of the year.

What this team has overcome is remarkable.

Not only youth and the loss of Chay, but losing Gleason for this tourney as well.

Yeah there is something fun to watch about this year's team. They are young and have talent. The upside is that they can beat anybody in the country...the downside is they could lose to anybody in the country. But let's enjoy the 8th straight year of playing in the national tourney!!! That's quite an accomplishment. Good job Hak and Let's Go SIOUX!

P.S. Hopefully the top brass at ESPN will carry the Sioux game instead of lacrosse.

What a great series. Congratulations Fighting Sioux players,coaches, and fans. On TV,it looked like two-thirds of the fans were rooting for the Fighting Sioux!!!

From my vantage in section 103 it looked like 3/4ths! :lol: But now we are quibbling. The fans owned the Xcel just like the our team owned the ice. Squirt and

I had so much fun with the few remaining Gopher fans. Has someone started that topic yet? :p

Wonderful display of grit and determination by the Men in Black. Down by two, and never slowed down one iota. Great game.

Go Sioux!

From my vantage in section 103 it looked like 3/4ths! :lol: But now we are quibbling. The fans owned the Xcel just like the our team owned the ice. Squirt and

I had so much fun with the few remaining Gopher fans. Has someone started that topic yet? :p

Wonderful display of grit and determination by the Men in Black. Down by two, and never slowed down one iota. Great game.

Go Sioux!

I like what I saw all weekend. 1 shutout, one take-the-lead-and-keep-it, and one come-from-behind. Against three of the top teams in the country (the second game against #1). This team is poised to win 4 more.

GO SIOUX!!

Yeah there is something fun to watch about this year's team. They are young and have talent. The upside is that they can beat anybody in the country...the downside is they could lose to anybody in the country. But let's enjoy the 8th straight year of playing in the national tourney!!! That's quite an accomplishment. Good job Hak and Let's Go SIOUX!

P.S. Hopefully the top brass at ESPN will carry the Sioux game instead of lacrosse.

Oh god, I still have nightmares about that.

...Against three of the top teams in the country (the second game against #1). This team is poised to win 4 more.

GO SIOUX!!

What a nice tune-up before the NCAAs: beat three of the top 6 teams in the country!

And what a testament to the power of the WCHA!

I was so beyond proud of the boys last night. From about halfway through the 2nd to the end of the game they looked like they could hardly stand up, but they wouldn't GIVE up. I kept thinking the phrase that must have been running through their heads was "I'm so tired I think I'm going to die, but I WANT IT MORE THAN YOU DO!!!!"

What a great Final Five tournament for the Sioux. This team demonstrated that they have the skill, heart, pride, and desire to go all the way. I sit beside two dedicated Gopher fans at the Final Five, and even though they cheered against UND they commented that the Sioux were the class of the tournament. Way to go.

I did not cheer for the sioux at the Final 5, as I know the fans on this web site would not have cheered for my team had they been there. But I will say congrats on winning the Final 5! The sioux were clearly the best team playing this weekend and deserved it!

I was so beyond proud of the boys last night. From about halfway through the 2nd to the end of the game they looked like they could hardly stand up, but they wouldn't GIVE up. I kept thinking the phrase that must have been running through their heads was "I'm so tired I think I'm going to die, but I WANT IT MORE THAN YOU DO!!!!"

The final 15 minutes of that game showed how much heart this team actually has, and my hats are off to each and everyone of them.