SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

Just back from the game. I stayed to see the video tribute to the seniors which was very sweet, but sweet like a tribute to hockey players should be! It was very special to see Chay in skates and back on the ice for the team's stick salute at the end of the game. I wish for him a return to vibrant physical health and whether he plays later this year or next year or if the pros call him instead, I'll be happy for him.

Next week, we've got a date with those dreaded rodents who stand between us and and a spot at the Final Five. So, let's go, Goph-Busters! Evict Minnesota from their "home" ice at the X and earn the gratitude of every non-Minnesota fan in the league.

You didn't happen to get a picture of Chay on the ice did you? I saw it on tv, but that would be a great computer background/picture.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets the great money good for him. But as a business decision I think that potential teams aren't going to make a big commitment to him now. If he comes back and wins a Hobey, then...

The other problem for him is his size at his position. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up having a great career in Europe, because the NHL teams don't play d-men of his size.

Maybe he could transition back to forward....

Exactly. This isn't a sure fire NHL prospect we are talking about. Even though he is very skilled, he really doesn't fit the mold of an NHL dman. So he very well likely could end up in Europe. I think they would take a gamble on him without him having to come back for another year. If he was an NHL prospect, then coming back for another season might make more sense.

You didn't happen to get a picture of Chay on the ice did you? I saw it on tv, but that would be a great computer background/picture.

No, I'm sorry I didn't. I don't own a digital camera and the camera on my phone stinks. Sorry, Sanyo, but that's the truth.

No, I'm sorry I didn't. I don't own a digital camera and the camera on my phone stinks. Sorry, Sanyo, but that's the truth.

Uh.... Might be time to consider getting one. They're not all that expensive and they're AWESOME!

I'd recommend a Canon, Nikon, or any camera that doesn't feature proprietary media (such as xD for Olympus or Fuji can't remember, or Memory Stick ala Sony).

It all came down to one point for third place and getting third place is a big deal to avoid the place in game. I think that we can beat the gophers but then either UMD or CC and then Denver. Instead of playing Wisconsin and then whoever.

It all came down to one point for third place and getting third place is a big deal to avoid the place in game. I think that we can beat the gophers but then either UMD or CC and then Denver. Instead of playing Wisconsin and then whoever.

Gotcha!

Speaking of...it looks like UMD will beat UAA tonight, which means that UAA/MSUM will finish tied for 8th in the league.

MSUM wins the tiebreaker (3-1 H2H record over UAA), so that means MSUM @ SCSU for the 1st round.

That's a series with a potential upset...

I managed to take a few pics.

20r66c1.jpg

2nv8hn6.jpg

flx4j6.jpg

After the team stick salute all the guys skated over to Chay (who was out for the stick salute), bear hugged him and ruffled his hair. It was a nice moment.

"Regular season" not playoff.

And I think he's gone after this year.

He is looking more and more "ready" every shift.

Gregoie is NOT leaving after this year. He'll be here at least another year unless he's really anxious to play in the AHL. Which I DOUBT.