SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

I'll tell you one thing, if you've got guys like Cichy, Bruneteau, and Toews battling for the last spot, only good things can come out of that. I think those guys would see a regular shift with a lot of teams, and if any guy goes down any of them can step into a role and produce.

Anybody think that Dell will see a game this weekend? I have a feeling if the sioux win Friday night that Dell will get the nod on Saturday. My heart tells me though that its all Eidsness all the time from here on out.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, if they sweep this weekend they'll have 20 wins going into the postseason, and I have no idea how the NCAA could keep a team with 20 wins out of the postseason, even if the Sioux didn't make the final five.

Except that it doesn't work that way. 20 wins is not a "magic number", nor should it be. The committee will run the Pairwise once (after all of the games are completed on Saturday, March 20th), and we'll have the NCAA tournament field.

Remember, there were many voices last year that were convinced that the committee would "find a way to put Minnesota in" since they were hosting a regional, and it didn't happen.

For what it's worth, I like that the system is objective and unbiased. I would prefer KRACH, but that's a matter for a different article. At least we've got a transparent process and clear results.

Dave

Except that it doesn't work that way. 20 wins is not a "magic number", nor should it be. The committee will run the Pairwise once (after all of the games are completed on Saturday, March 20th), and we'll have the NCAA tournament field.

Remember, there were many voices last year that were convinced that the committee would "find a way to put Minnesota in" since they were hosting a regional, and it didn't happen.

For what it's worth, I like that the system is objective and unbiased. I would prefer KRACH, but that's a matter for a different article. At least we've got a transparent process and clear results.

Dave

I agree for what it is worth I like the pairwise system. it does have its flaws but by and large teams know where they are at and there isn't too much complaining at the end of the who of who should have or shouldn't have gotten in like BB. the only complaining is from fans about where they were or weren't sent.

Anybody think that Dell will see a game this weekend? I have a feeling if the sioux win Friday night that Dell will get the nod on Saturday. My heart tells me though that its all Eidsness all the time from here on out.

If we have nothing left to gain Saturday Dell might get a shot, if we have a chance to move up another spot in the standings I'm sure BE will be the man.

If we have nothing left to gain Saturday Dell might get a shot, if we have a chance to move up another spot in the standings I'm sure BE will be the man.

i say BE all the way to #8, cant risk anything in these games. understand your thinking but i just dont think its worth it

i say BE all the way to #8, cant risk anything in these games. understand your thinking but i just dont think its worth it

I see what you're saying but it is Tech (sorry MEg).

I'd say give Dell a shot on Saturday. he's shown some good stuff even if he has been inconsistent.

Playing at home has not fared well for Dell. When he's played good they were away game starts. :huh:

He seems to be nervous at home. I watched him in warmups for his home starts and it was evident in warmups that he was struggling. He could hardly stop a puck. I think if the Sioux don't have a chance to move up to 3rd after Friday night, he gets the start on Saturday. If they can still move up to 3rd, he may or may not get the Saturday start.

Playing at home has not fared well for Dell. When he's played good they were away game starts. :huh:

Dell came in one night against ??? when we were down 3-0 and he gave us a legit shot at a win. If i recall, we lost 3-2. Wisconsin is who i think it was. ONly to debunk the at home theory. He made KEY saves in that game.

Dell came in one night against :huh: when we were down 3-0 and he gave us a legit shot at a win. If i recall, we lost 3-2. Wisconsin is who i think it was. ONly to debunk the at home theory. He made KEY saves in that game.

im not against dell starting but i think the smart choice the way the team is playing in front of BE is to play him

im not against dell starting but i think the smart choice the way the team is playing in front of BE is to play him

Agreed. My comment was geared more to Dell showing some really good stuff, and also struggling when we needed him. I think there are 3 or 4 teams in the WCHA right now that would KILL for him.

Dell came in one night against :huh: when we were down 3-0 and he gave us a legit shot at a win. If i recall, we lost 3-2. Wisconsin is who i think it was. ONly to debunk the at home theory. He made KEY saves in that game.

I was only referring to when he starts a game at home. I was at that game against Wisconsin and he definitely gave us a chance to win that night after Hakstol changed out Eidsness for Dell.

But yeah, Eidsness probably the rest of the way unless we open the flood gates early and often against Tech in the Saturday game then maybe he'll see some playing time.

I gotta say I told you so about Dell. ??? I think you predicted 6-9 starts and I said 4-6, so it sounds like you owe me a beer. :huh:

Strength of Schedule According to USCHO

1) North Dakota

2) Michigan Tech

3) Denver

4) Alaska-Anchorage

5) Wisconsin

6) St. Cloud State

7) Colorado College

8) Minnesota

9) New Hampshire (Hockey East)

10) Ohio State (CCHA)

12) Duluth

15) Mankato

So, Michigan Tech is actually 2nd with us #1. I pretty much assumed we'd dominate the top ten (which we do) based on the strength of our conference this year.

And we're probably one of the youngest teams in the country this year too.

A couple of my fellow sioux fan pals hate the fact that UND consistently goes and plays top ranked non conference opponents like Cornell, or Miami. I love the fact that they play these teams and hope they continue to do so. In the future I'd love to see them get a series against Michigan, or get another one against BC. Doesn't BU come to the Ralph next season some time?

Well, it's showing me the Denver/CC games, but no Sioux games. Never had a problem before. I have Time Warner Cable

What specific FCS channels are the games on both nights, I can just set it to record on those times then...

Thanks.

The GF Herald lists them as being on FCS Pacific. My box lists them as being on FCS Central with DU-CC on Pacific. The game tonight is also on NHL network.

A couple of my fellow sioux fan pals hate the fact that UND consistently goes and plays top ranked non conference opponents like Cornell, or Miami. I love the fact that they play these teams and hope they continue to do so. In the future I'd love to see them get a series against Michigan, or get another one against BC. Doesn't BU come to the Ralph next season some time?

not next year.