SiouxSports.com Forum

Count down to 100 goals.

Goon

Make it 5 goals for the year for Bochenski already, a hat trick tonight, wow. In two games against good competition, can't accuse UND of playing cup cakes. I think once this line gets all membes going it could surpase the 100 goals that Blais has said this line can score... 95 goals to go... ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I have faith in what Dean Blais says. If he says they will score 100, they will... :D

Actually, I heard Blais say 80 to 100 goals.

Murray got a couple of nice assists against Yale Friday night and seemed to be playing with more confidence later in the game. I agree with Tim Hennessy that so far this season, he's been "too mechanical."

If he can loosen up a bit and play more instinctively, the whole line will start to click.

I doubt it

I am not so sure. 80 is very possible, but 100 is not out of the question. It will be hard but for the season they have 10 goals and the Sioux have picked it up the last two games.

They have 30 regular season games left. Add 2-3 more for WCHA home series. Final Five and if they go all the way to the NCAA 4 more games.

35-39 games left

All right, so Zach with a hatty and Brady with his first goal of the year. I think now that he's past that first one, he'll play with more confidence and we'll start seeing even more of this line.

Murray - 1

Parise - 3

Bochenski - 6

10 goals in 5 games. They're 1/10 of the way there.

So they're pretty much going to have to average 3 goals for a game for the entire line. That's going to be very tough to do, however I think games like Yale/Brown/Wayne St./UAA are going to be necessary to help them "pad their stats." I think if they can at least average 2+ gpg then they are going to be in very good position to reach 100. Considering Bucks was able to pick up 3 vs a very good BC team, there is a lot of possibilities for this line.

Only problem is...we have to think of a new name for them as "line of fire" is copyrighted by Panzer/Lundbohm/Bayda.

I don't think I ever head blais set a certain amount of points for the line...however 200 would be a very nice goal to reach. So far after 5 games...the line has amassed 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists) and are the 1, 2 and 3 scoring leaders for the Sioux.

The Dogs do a bit too much line juggling to keep track of a single line throuhgout the season. I am impressed by the play of Junior Lessard through the first seven games (8-3-11).

Lessard usually plays with Schwabe (1-5-6) and Brosz (2-5-7).

So they're pretty much going to have to average 3 goals for a game for the entire line. That's going to be very tough to do, however I think games like Yale/Brown/Wayne St./UAA are going to be necessary to help them "pad their stats."

Only problem with padding their stats for those games is that Parise will be gone for the Xmas tourney games and the early Jan SCSU series because of the World Jr's, so that might hurt the line's numbers a little bit.

Only problem with padding their stats for those games is that Parise will be gone for the Xmas tourney games and the early Jan SCSU series because of the World Jr's, so that might hurt the line's numbers a little bit.

There also is the possibility of Murray being gone for those games with either Canada or the USA.

So they're pretty much going to have to average 3 goals for a game for the entire line. That's going to be very tough to do, however I think games like Yale/Brown/Wayne St./UAA are going to be necessary to help them "pad their stats." I think if they can at least average 2+ gpg then they are going to be in very good position to reach 100. Considering Bucks was able to pick up 3 vs a very good BC team, there is a lot of possibilities for this line.

Only problem is...we have to think of a new name for them as "line of fire" is copyrighted by Panzer/Lundbohm/Bayda.

I don't think I ever head blais set a certain amount of points for the line...however 200 would be a very nice goal to reach. So far after 5 games...the line has amassed 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists) and are the 1, 2 and 3 scoring leaders for the Sioux.

I have faith. Bochenski averaged what.. 4 goals against BC? BC has a team that's almost comparable to the Gophers. I agree, the Gophers have more defensive talent, but who is going to argue if Kaltainin vs JJ as a better goaltender?

I will admit that at least MN didn't import a goaltender. UND tried and all we got was Siembida :D