SiouxSports.com Forum

Count down to 100 goals.

Goon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way you think.

I think this is our year, I told a friend of mine in Minnesota that I haven't seen what I have seen on the ice this season since the days of the 1997-2000 team. I think this team is more talented than the 2000 team, except for maybe in goal. On the blue line were better., bigger and meaner. UND can role three lines that are just as good or if not better than any team in the country.

The Stafford, Porter and Lundy is a great line. Bring on the dirty Gophers. :D

UND has played 10 games and the money line has 20 goals it think UND's big guns are going to have to average 3-4 goals to break the 100 goals for the season. The line of fire had 83, after 10 games I am having my doubts. But I have not lost faith.

Goon

Parise isn't scoring as many goals as he did at the start of last season. I'm a little surprised, but I also think it's only a matter of time before he starts banking in on some of his chances. Money is scoring goals like always, and Murray is looking good with 5 goals as an 18 year old freshman.

Parise isn't scoring as many goals as he did at the start of last season. I'm a little surprised, but I also think it's only a matter of time before he starts banking in on some of his chances.

Blais mentioned on a pregame show this weekend that ZP is snakebit and very frustrated and that the coaching staff is having to remind him that he is playing well and that the goals will come.

Blais mentioned on a pregame show this weekend that ZP is snakebit and very frustrated and that the coaching staff is having to remind him that he is playing well and that the goals will come.

I missed parts of the pregames this weekend, but I figured as much. In his interview with Hennen after Zach got his hat trick, he seemed relieved to have "finally" scored some goals. He's only had 2 since then. But like you said, he's still playing well and the team is still winning. You gotta hand it to the kid for setting goals for himself, but I also hope he isn't making things tougher for himself by creating all of that unnecessary pressure.

The almighty one of college hockey is just letting everyone else score so that teams forget about him. Then he can sweep in like the frost bitten winds howling across the northern plains and destroy teams hopes, dreams, and desires with a single flick of the wrist.

I agree...I think he is honing his playmaking abilities as well, having always wanted to model his game after a Steve Yzerman type. The frustration is important, but knowing Zach, I'm sure that as long as the team is winning and playing well he'll be happy.

This team, finally, is about more than one player/line, they are playing together and creating chances.

ZPar will breakout soon, his supporting cast is too talented not to allow that. The 100 goal mark is pretty reachable, but honestly I would rather have great depth of scoring than be a one line wonder...

So I've decided that this team can have both a stellar line and depth of scoring,

And I'm sure DU agrees with me.

• 3 weeks later...

Goal total update.

Bochenski 11

Zach 6

Brady 6

I was wondering do goals that Brandon score while the other two are gone count, I would say yes because we are talking about Bochenski, Murray, Zach and then scoring 100 goals. However, I think now that its going to be hard for UND's top line to score 100 goals, unless Bochenski can score a bunch of them against the weaker/lesser teams in the Subway classic. They have 77 to go.

The weird thing is, I think Parise is playing better than he was last year, he's just not scoring as many points. He looks like a machine out there.

I think Zach has played well and UND has not played what I would call a weak schedule either. Every team has had a player drapped all over Zach and its hard to score when you have people clutching, grabbing and holding you.

However, that being said, I think there are more opportunities for others in the UND lineup to score and put up points on the board. One person that comes to mind is Genoway who has blossumed (sp) into what I would call a great 2nd line player. Colby has something like 9 or 10 points in the last 4 games. Thats pretty good.

So what's the projected goal total for this line come the end of the season if this trend continues? 50-60 some goals? I thought originally they'd be a lot more explosive; perhaps they'll gel even more in the 2nd half & make a good run at 60-70 goals.

I think we will some change when we start playing teams like UAA, MTU and others. I think this season in the second half UND can just plain wear out opponents. With the exception of Yale most of the teams UND has played has had a winning record there really hasn't been an slouchs...

I would definitely count goals and points for Bochenski when the other two are gone. He's part of the line, after all. :lol:

Do you guys think that Blaiser will reunite this line again for the UAA series when Murray and Parise get back, or do you think he will leave Stafford with the top line again? I personally like Murray up there, adds a lot of speed and he just seems to fit better with the top line. I did notice that Blais was playing them together for the PP's, but not for the 5 on 5 action.

Thoughts?? :lol:

He will put the line back together for the hype alone, I'm sure. It is intimidating when you have three top notch players all on one line. If I weren't so brain dead from trying to get this project done, I'd venture into explaining my reasons for this.

But yes, I'd expect the line to reunite. Maybe not for the UAA series, but definitely for subsequent series against opponents that could cause the Sioux problems.

Personally, I don't believe the Hrkac Circus Line's numbers will ever be surpassed by any other line in college hockey. The talent pool of the 80's simply isn't there anymore, and with the amazing goaltenders and defensive style of the NCAA, let alone NHL, you just won't see a team score that much. Just my two cents.

• 4 weeks later...

You have to count it towards the total. He insinuated that the three of them would score 100 goals and last night theh had 6 goals. Does that put them at 32?

Bochenksi 18

Parise 6

Murray 8

By the way I know this next comment will get me raosted BUT do you think ZAch always give 100%? It just seems weird when I typed 6 after Parise's name. He scored that many in the world junior tournament. I know he gets mugged but so does Bochenski. Is it just a size thing? Did he not get mugged at the World junior tournament? He stated it was the most physical hockey of his life.