SiouxSports.com Forum

Count down to 100 goals.

Goon

I have no doubt that Zach gives 100% all the time. That is what makes him a special player. While he is incredibly talented, he doesn't rely on his talents. He works as hard if not harder than anyone else. Bochenski is a much better natural goal scorer than Parise is. Zach also just isn't getting the puck luck he had for much of the first half of last year. Add to it that he was still hurting from his ankle injury and while it is sort of suprising he only has six goals, it's alright.

There is a difference between physical hockey and mugging. Scott Stevens is the most physical player in the NHL and it isn't because he holds onto guys 24-7. It is because when he hits you, your teeth fall out and you can't see straight for 5 minutes. Physical hockey is hitting a guy and then moving on. Mugging is holding onto a guy and keep holding onto him.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I asked this in the WJC thread, but here it goes again..........I don't spose since Blais said that the three of them would score goals, not necessarily as a line. And since we are counting Bucks goals in the subway classic; would it be too much of a stretch to count ZP's and BM's goals in the WJC as part of the count to 100???

Just a thought :ohmy:

Morley

I think ZP is the most talented TWO WAY Center in the World at this level. He backchecks harder than most players I see...that was evident last night

The goals will come, but honestly, I'd rather have balanced scoring with a star that plays like his roster spot is in danger every night. He works so hard out there, both sides of the ice, 110%, and the goals will come...

Tonight watch for Zach to have 3 points,

Whereabouts I'm not sure, but a hatty would be nice :ohmy:

Probably 1G 2A

And Bochenski is playing out of his mind right now

I really wish Smaby (unrelated topic) would have gone to the juniors like Jones and Greene. Seeing how those guys turned around their game makes me think he could have done the same...

:p I just don't like seeing him get torched every five mins, and Schneider having to save his...

If Zach were taking shifts off, he would be on the ice for opponent goals.

He's only been on the ice for 4 (even strength) opponent goals this year, and 3 of those were somebody else's fault (I didn't see the 4th, it was at DU).

Since so many experts give him credit for two-way effort and hustle, I don't think there's a problem here.

I really wish Smaby (unrelated topic) would have gone to the juniors like Jones and Greene. Seeing how those guys turned around their game makes me think he could have done the same...

:ohmy: I just don't like seeing him get torched every five mins, and Schneider having to save his...

Smaby has a lot of work to do. After watching him get burned last night, thank goodness he didn't go. Might have cost USA a bad goal. The coaching staff has always done well with developing defenseman and I fully expect Smaby to be good one in the long run, but he really needs to improve his footwork.

You have to count it towards the total. He insinuated that the three of them would score 100 goals and last night theh had 6 goals. Does that put them at 32?

Bochenksi 18

Parise 6

Murray 8

I would say yes and CB has put them back together. I think they are going to be hard pressed to score 68 more goals with someone drapped all over them.

What a show Murray and Parise put on last night. Can't believe those two small guys carried around UAA players for 6 periods and created all those scoring chances, especially last night. I'd say noone from UAA could carry their jocks, but UAA players probably took home their jocks, along with their sticks, breezers, jerseys, shoulder pads, and any other equipment they could "grab" this weekend.

This weekend was the ultimate in holding, I've never seen a hockey game at any level played quite this way.

Goal Update

Bucks 19

Brady 8

Zach 8

_________

35 Goals

___

65 Goals to go

35 goals in 16 games together (Bo has played 20 and scored 3 during those 4 games).

That is 2 goals a game when they are all playing (whether together or not) and 1.75 GPG overall.

With 15 regular season games, they would finish with 65 goals, if they continue the 2 GPG streak. Then we can say 2 home playoff games, plus 2 in the Final Five, then just guessing 4 games in the NCAA tourney. That means 8 games, so 16 more goals, which leaves them with 81. They may not get 100 goals, but how many lines average 2 GPG through-out the season?

That is still a pretty good line..and considering that two other lines are averaging about 1 GPG, that creates some great depth and a very high scoring team.

Think if the PP gets going all-out, this team could be more devastating than it already is. :lol:

Why does this matter when Murray, Parise and Bochenski are no longer a line? :lol:

Good point, it probably shouldn't matter and I believe that those players will have a couple of games where they will break out and have some big games. Bochenski is probably due for a few more 3 and 4 goal games... I think Zach is also going to get going and start pumping in goals... Look for a big game tonight.

I suppose Zach will have to split the WCHA player of the week with Pretty Boy Vanek since he had 7 points this weekend as well. I just hope Zach gets a look because I think he deserves the honor.

Goon, if you think Vanek the wonder vermin is pretty, you need to have your eyes checked!

I suppose Zach will have to split the WCHA player of the week with Pretty Boy Vanek since he had 7 points this weekend as well. I just hope Zach gets a look because I think he deserves the honor.

Bochenski went 2-2-4

Murray went 1-4-5

ZPar went 4-3-7

This line did really well this weekend.

Goal Update

Bucks 20

Brady 9

Zach 10

_________

39 Goals

___

61 Goals to go. These guys are going to have to score a bunch of goals to make it, but I still think its possible. I believe that Bochenski is the top goal scorer in the nation right now.

They are not playing together as a line. Bochenski is playing with Porter and Genoway. Parise is playing with Murray and Stafford.

I think they were together some of the night, but as ussual Blais played musical lines, and I think a lot of the penalties changes how UND rolls their lines. Incidently UND was like 3/7 on the power play. Looking at the numbers I think UND is somewhere around 16% on the powerplay. So the PP is improving...