SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

The Sioux are coming off a tough one goal loss Friday night but then came out Saturday and mopped the ice with the Huskies on both ends and the scoreboard. Duluth had a bye week so should be fresh and ready to roll at The Ralph. I am going to guess and say we all know how important these are as they all will be down the stretch. GO SIOUX

PREVIOUS 09/10 MEETING - the sioux and bulldogs split december 4/5 in duluth. sioux won 4-2 friday and dogs 3-2 saturday

WCHA STANDINGS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 14-11-5 (.550)

WCHA: 9-10-3, 21 points

Home: 7-4-3

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series is very, very important to this team's chances at a postseason run. Getting home ice will make it much easier to get to St. Paul and the Final Five. I know some people on here think the Final Five is meaningless, but not this year. Winning a couple of games in St. Paul could help boost our PWR to the point where we will get a solid NCAA bid. Not getting to St. Paul could result in us having to have help making the NCAA's and possibly not getting enough of that help.

Bottom line: Get home ice, get to St. Paul, win a couple of games there and we'll get our chance at the big stage in March and April.

Hammer the Bulldogs at every step, do it legally and smart. Make them not want to skate inside the kitchen (as we used to say in football). keep everything to the perimeter.

You mean "Goon the World"? :lol::ohmy:

This series worries me because UMD has played awful at the REA during Sandy's tenure. But if UMD gains 3 or more points they clinch home ice.

I'm up for a repeat of the UMD play a few years ago when the UMD goalie shot the puck from the side board into his own net off the D-man. I tried to find a clip of it on youtube, but didn't have any luck.

I believe this is it. One of my early clips, horrible quality...I think I videotaped it from my computer screen the next day (replayed it on-demand).

I'm up for a repeat of the UMD play a few years ago when the UMD goalie shot the puck from the side board into his own net off the D-man. I tried to find a clip of it on youtube, but didn't have any luck.

It also can be watched on this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Xo6Dhni2Q

It has all 8 goals that UND scored, but the one your referring to is about 2:00 into the clip.

GO SIOUX!!

Ah, the good ol' days when the refs let people fight till someone hit the ice.

If I remember correctly, that was the exhibition Hall of Fame game which is why it was allowed to continue. Can anyone confirm? I remember that HOF game - it was early in October and was about 80 degrees in Grand Forks - nothing like grilling and playing yard games then heading to a hockey game. :ohmy:

If I remember correctly, that was the exhibition Hall of Fame game which is why it was allowed to continue. Can anyone confirm? I remember that HOF game - it was early in October and was about 80 degrees in Grand Forks - nothing like grilling and playing yard games then heading to a hockey game. :ohmy:

It was a warm day in October and I just got done hunting ducks with my brother, slaughter on the pond and then slaughter on the ice. :lol::lol: Nothing like wearing shorts to a hockey game.

If I remember correctly, that was the exhibition Hall of Fame game which is why it was allowed to continue. Can anyone confirm? I remember that HOF game - it was early in October and was about 80 degrees in Grand Forks - nothing like grilling and playing yard games then heading to a hockey game. :lol:

Correct...was the very first game my oldest daughter, who is 9 now, went to with me. :ohmy: That fight I believe took place just minutes into the game. She has loved Sioux hockey since! :lol: Her mother wasn't as impressed when she gave the description of the game...ummmm I mean fight.

i'm by no means a pwr expert, but if we sweep, we'll get at least one more point by having the point over duluth, which we currently do not have. plus if other games this coming weekend go our way, we could be in the top 10 again.

a sweep this weekend really couldn't come at a better time (except in post-season of course)

i'm by no means a pwr expert, but if we sweep, we'll get at least one more point by having the point over duluth, which we currently do not have. plus if other games this coming weekend go our way, we could be in the top 10 again.

a sweep this weekend really couldn't come at a better time (except in post-season of course)

"IF" we were to sweep we would put the duluth comparison in our column plus the vermont one for sure. should we sweep we'll definatley be in the top 10 after this weekend.

"IF" we were to sweep we would put the duluth comparison in our column plus the vermont one for sure. should we sweep we'll definatley be in the top 10 after this weekend.

Nice, I look forawrd to Jim's pairwise chart this time of year for the sioux. Lets keep it rolling vs the dogz!

per brad

Commodore, 2000 team return

This weekend, UND will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2000 national championship team and Columbus Blue Jackets alternate captain Mike Commodore will be back on campus for it.

Other members expected to be there are Peter Armbrust, Jason Endres, Ryan Hale, Trevor Hammer, Andy Kollar, Paul Murphy, Jason Notermann, Jeff Panzer, Mike Possin, Tim Skarperud and Kevin Spiewak.

Because the Sioux are playing Duluth, Bulldog coach Scott Sandelin -- an assist on the 2000 team -- also will be there.

A pre-game autograph session will be held at 5:30 Saturday on the northeast concourse. Autograph cards will be provided for free.

per brad

Commodore, 2000 team return

This weekend, UND will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2000 national championship team and Columbus Blue Jackets alternate captain Mike Commodore will be back on campus for it.

Other members expected to be there are Peter Armbrust, Jason Endres, Ryan Hale, Trevor Hammer, Andy Kollar, Paul Murphy, Jason Notermann, Jeff Panzer, Mike Possin, Tim Skarperud and Kevin Spiewak.

Because the Sioux are playing Duluth, Bulldog coach Scott Sandelin -- an assist on the 2000 team -- also will be there.

A pre-game autograph session will be held at 5:30 Saturday on the northeast concourse. Autograph cards will be provided for free.

OH MY GOD! I wish I could be there!!

I'd love to get Trevor Hammer to sign his game-worn jersey that I got off the auction ... but I'm just dreamin'.

PLEASE...

I know it is your jersey and you can throw it in a fire if you really want to, but please DO NOT get your game-worn jersey signed. It's one of the worst things you can do to a game-worn jersey. What WOULD be a good idea, if possible, is to get a picture of the player wearing the jersey in action signed, thus not wrecking your game-worn piece.

:silly:

Did you notice the section titled "Fratt Party" - probably not the best title, given his up and down road with the team/school the past 12 months.

FRATT PARTY: Junior F Matt Frattin (Edmonton, Alberta) scored his first two goals of the season on Saturday, collecting both in a four-minute span late in the first period.

Frattin's second goal came shorthanded, the first shorthanded tally of his career and UND's third of the season.

He also led all players with a season-high seven shots on goal.