SiouxSports.com Forum

Who Dat

Fetch

Watching the game in Louisiana. Hoping for a huge Brees 2nd half and shut down the Colts. Who Dat!!!!

Get CRUNK!!!

I hope Favre comes back, too.

IMHO, same as the Vikings game, the team with more talented individual players was seriously outcoached. Way to go Saints. Great game, and no question as to who deserved the win.

I, too, hope Favre comes back. His 2020 commercial was one of the best.

Congrats to the Saints. However watching this makes me think just how close the vikings were to the superbowl and possibly the title. I think the vikes played the saints much better then the colts and the vikes had 4 or 5 more turnovers then the colts.

We were 12 men away from a superbowl berth.

Good job Saints.

Oh yeah and I want Brett Favre to come back next year or else we are in trouble.

IMHO, same as the Vikings game, the team with more talented individual players was seriously outcoached. Way to go Saints. Great game, and no question as to who deserved the win.

Outcoached?

HA! You want to see outcoached, wait until Brett leaves. Then all the Vikings will have to rely upon is the coaching and they'll start losing... but they got him wrapped up until 2013!! (Childress mind you, not Favre). Favre made the team come together and do well. Childress just rode the coat tails.

And Favre will be back... no wait he won't... no wait he will... nope.. yep... noyep...no wait, nope. :glare:

The Colts and Vikings may have the better individual talent, but the Saints have a better "team". The running back position for example was a committee. Bush, Thomas, Bell and Hamilton all played important roles this season. Special teams were exceptional and the defense always had the bend, but don't break mentality. Brees was just being himself out there, which he wasn't against the Vikings.

Great game, got to spend a few hours in the French Quarter after the game. Royal Street looked like how Bourbon Street looks like during Mardi Gras and Bourbon was impassable. The entire downtown was gridlocked, Wow, what a scene.

Payton is a great coach. Who would have thought onside kick to start the second half?

An open letter in todays Times Picayune.... To the NFL: New Orleans Saints victory means we're no longer league doormat

One other thing.

We know what sticklers you are for legal documentation, so please consider this our formal written notice of resignation as the unofficial whipping boys of the National Football League.

You’re going to have to find a new whipping boy now. May we suggest the Atlanta Falcons?....

.....After 43 years of being treated as America’s experts on losing, we’re ready to become the new national role models for passion and perseverance.

Just to show there are no hard feelings for all the years you made fun of us, we’re going to open up membership in the Who Dat Nation to you, our counterparts in all 31 other NFL cities.

Classic.

Wasn't it only a few years back that "everyone" was calling for Payton's head? Questioning every move he made?

Guess he answered the questions.

And I second the Detroit Lions being the doormat of the NFL.

The amount of damage Millen did to that team is going to take years to resolve and, even then, it will take even longer for them to become remotely Super Bowl contenders.

Tampa Bay were jokes... No more.

New England were jokes... No more.

The Saints are the Aints no more.

The only one's left not to do anything in the Super Bowl?

Cincinnati Bengals

Buffalo Bills

Cleveland Browns

San Diego Chargers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans/Tennessee Oilers/Houston Oilers

Arizona Cardinals/Phoenix Cardinals/St. Louis Cardinals

Philadelphia Eagles

Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers

Seattle Seahawks

Minnesota Vikings

Atlanta Falcons

Of these listed, only the Lions aren't doing much. The Browns are on the poor side of mediocre. The Eagles and Chargers are more of a quandry (especially the Chargers) as to why they've not been MORE successful. The Jags underperform and the Vikings and Cards overperform.

IMHO, same as the Vikings game, the team with more talented individual players was seriously outcoached.

I am not sure how you could come to that conclusion. The coaching did a pretty good job moving the ball up and down the field against the Saints as well as holding their offense to one of their worst performances of the year. If it weren't for all of the turnovers the Vikings could have won by 2 or 3 touchdowns. How exactly is it the coache's fault that the players can't hold on to the ball? Did Chilly forget to say, "now guys, try not to give the ball to the other team this time ok?"

I also second the idea of never having to hear about how much the city of NO needs to win the Super Bowl. There should be an expiration date on playing the "we got hit by a hurricane" card.

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl unless it's the Packers, Vikings (hoping not), or Bears (hoping not again, 1 is enough).

All I cared about this year was worrying how much I have to hear "WHO DAT"....when is someone going to teach people of the south some grammar (along with their southern etiquette)? You'd think a whole state was made up of people named "Lil Jon".

I am not sure how you could come to that conclusion. The coaching did a pretty good job moving the ball up and down the field against the Saints as well as holding their offense to one of their worst performances of the year. If it weren't for all of the turnovers the Vikings could have won by 2 or 3 touchdowns. How exactly is it the coache's fault that the players can't hold on to the ball? Did Chilly forget to say, "now guys, try not to give the ball to the other team this time ok?"

Childress did a horrible job on that last drive. I'm not sure I've seen a worse example of playcalling than Childress had in the last 3 minutes of that game.

I think the league doormat moniker can now officially belong to the Detroit Lions....

Have to agree with that, at least Cleveland had some SB caliber years when Kosar was there, Detroit has never looked like SB material unless you count the year that Washington buried them in the NFC Championship.

Childress did a horrible job on that last drive. I'm not sure I've seen a worse example of playcalling than Childress had in the last 3 minutes of that game.

They definitely blew the last series. They had the clock in hand and the ball in field goal range, all they had to do was run up the gut 3 times, run the clock down to 1 second and kick the field goal for the win. Even if Peterson/Taylor don't gain one yard on 3 carries, they have a 50 yard attempt to win it, there was no reason to get cute on third down and juggle personnel which caused the 12 men penalty and forced them into a passing situation. They had the exact situation they wanted at the end of the game and they blew it by overthinking the situation.

Saints Win Super Bowl, but Onside Kick Was Dirty Pool

When the Saints won the coin toss and elected to receive the ball to start the game, they made their choice. The other team gets to receive the ball to start the second half, but the Colts never received the ball. It was stolen from them on a cheap and dirty onside kick.

Although it was a legal play by existing NFL rules, there has always been an unwritten rule, a gentleman's rule that you do not attempt an onside kick to start a half.

At any other time on a kickoff, fine, but when you win the coin toss, you only get to receive the ball to start a half once. You don't get to break the rack in nine-ball 2 times in a row.

That would be greedy.

I don't know if anyone saw this. The guy who wrote the piece is serious. The comments to the piece are hilarious.

When the Saints won the coin toss and elected to receive the ball to start the game, they made their choice. The other team gets to receive the ball to start the second half, but the Colts never received the ball. It was stolen from them on a cheap and dirty onside kick.

Although it was a legal play by existing NFL rules, there has always been an unwritten rule, a gentleman's rule that you do not attempt an onside kick to start a half.

At any other time on a kickoff, fine, but when you win the coin toss, you only get to receive the ball to start a half once. You don't get to break the rack in nine-ball 2 times in a row.

That would be greedy.

END QUOTE

I don't know how to label this guy...playoff-only football fan? Colt obsessed fanatic? moron?

It's so stupid I can't think of an appropriate comeback. Wow.