SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On Brad Schlossman's twitter, it says that he believes that the commitment that the women's team got is Michelle Karvinen, one of the leading scorers on the Finnish Olympic team this year. She is 20 so I am guessing that she will be coming in 2010. I googled her and found that she is facebook friends with fighting sioux women's hockey so that would seem like a bit of confirmation of her commitment.

On Brad Schlossman's twitter, it says that he believes that the commitment that the women's team got is Michelle Karvinen, one of the leading scorers on the Finnish Olympic team this year. She is 20 so I am guessing that she will be coming in 2010. I googled her and found that she is facebook friends with fighting sioux women's hockey so that would seem like a bit of confirmation of her commitment.

Olympian from Finland commits to UND women's hockey team

Here is the full article:

Finnish Olympian to join Sioux

If Idalski, Lewis and Elander could land one of these two, that would really set UND up to be a power for the next 3-4 years!

I don't know about Poulin, but the other one, Coyne, I hear is interested in going Ivy.... likely Cornell or Harvard. I think she's trying to get her test scores up though to gain admission there. Don't quote me on that though, that's just what I've been reading.

Sioux add three to 2010-11 roster

Michelle Karvinen - Rodovre, Denmark

Idalski said: Michelle is very gifted offensively. She was the Finish Olympic teams leading scorer and through that and her experience being a little older we expect her to step right in and have an immediate impact for us.

Madison Kolls - Hudson, Wisc.

Idalski said: Madison played at a great program in Shattuck-St. Mary's and is a very strong defender that skates extremely well, but is going to need to get a little stronger. She will instantly add some depth to our blue line.

Michelle Bonapace-Potvin - Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec

Idalski said: Potvin is solid goaltender and solid person. We expect her to come in and compete and push our goaltenders and be a solid kid for us day in and day out.

There is more info on each in the article.

It sounds like the team is coming together quite nicely, regardless of Poulin's decision.

No doubt!

Put the Lammy twins and Karvinen on a line together.

They'll put up 2-3 goals a night! :(

The UND team should really move up the WCHA standings next season...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

More Olympians to play for Sioux

It hasn’t taken long for Peter Elander’s Swedish connections to benefit the UND women’s hockey team.

This summer, the Sioux have received four verbal commitments from European standouts that play in the women’s Swedish Elite League.

Two of them — Sweden’s Cecilia Ostberg and Klara Myren — are Olympians. They were coached by Elander, the newly hired UND associate coach, at the 2010 Vancouver Games.

The others are Norway’s Andrea Schjelderup Dalen and Denmark’s Josefine Jakobsen, who have both been such dominant players in their own countries that they left to compete in Sweden

All four are expected to join the Sioux next fall along with Minnesota Section 8 players Layla Marvin (Warroad), Shelby Amsley-Benzie (Warroad) and Leah Jensen (East Grand Forks Senior High).