SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

Only three teams have ever won a D1 championship: UMD, UM, UW. UND needs to compete with these schools for recruits if they want to be the fourth.

She was the leading scorer on a team last summer that went out to Vermont that did very well and included the Marvin girls and Gardner. All current (and deservedly so I might add) UND recruits.

I guess I should have said that she was never recruited by UND. I agree that talented kids are coming in but it is very important as well to have a presence in the state as far as recruiting goes even if you don't sign kids.

Idalski really has no interest in North Dakota girls. Team North Dakota had practices at the Ralph 2 weeks ago and he was asked by coach Wilson to come see the girls and maybe talk to them. He didn't even have the curtousy to respond. Lindsay Nagel could play for the Sioux. No doubt in my mind. And there are many Dlll schools that could beat Dl schools.

Idalski really has no interest in North Dakota girls. Team North Dakota had practices at the Ralph 2 weeks ago and he was asked by coach Wilson to come see the girls and maybe talk to them. He didn't even have the curtousy to respond. Lindsay Nagel could play for the Sioux. No doubt in my mind. And there are many Dlll schools that could beat Dl schools.

I do not follow the women's program, so I have no idea if this is accurate or not. I do have one question though, didn't the Lamoureux twins transfer to UND because of Idalski? Or was more because of the former coach leaving?

I do not follow the women's program, so I have no idea if this is accurate or not. I do have one question though, didn't the Lamoureux twins transfer to UND because of Idalski? Or was more because of the former coach leaving?

I have a duahgter who is on Team North Dakota and she is getting looks from St. Cloud,Mankato,Bemidji St., Robert Morris,RPI,and Concordia. The least he could of done was respond to coach Wilson and either say he couldn't make it or whatever. It's called respect.

I have a duahgter who is on Team North Dakota and she is getting looks from St. Cloud,Mankato,Bemidji St., Robert Morris,RPI,and Concordia. The least he could of done was respond to coach Wilson and either say he couldn't make it or whatever. It's called respect.

Understandable...I wasn't arguing or defending Idalski. I was just curious as to why the Twins chose to transfer.

Nice to see assistant womens coach Fabian down here in Plymouth checking out Team North Dakota and the other 4 teams here. Scouts from everywhere in the the country especially on the boys side. Even coach Sandelin is here doing his own scouting with many other assistant coaches from different teams.

Nice to see assistant womens coach Fabian down here in Plymouth checking out Team North Dakota and the other 4 teams here. Scouts from everywhere in the the country especially on the boys side. Even coach Sandelin is here doing his own scouting with many other assistant coaches from different teams.

How did Team North Dakota do on the girls side? Scores?

How did Team North Dakota do on the girls side? Scores?

Lost to Minn Seniors 5-3,lost to Wisconsin 5-2,beat Northern Plains 12-0,and lost twice to Minn U18 9-1 and 9-0. Girls were missing probably 5 of the better players in the state and our state needs everyone to compete although they did compete even with the U18 team.

Lost to Minn Seniors 5-3,lost to Wisconsin 5-2,beat Northern Plains 12-0,and lost twice to Minn U18 9-1 and 9-0. Girls were missing probably 5 of the better players in the state and our state needs everyone to compete although they did compete even with the U18 team.

Reguardless the outocmes, North Dakota high school girls hockey has come a long way in the past 5 years. Kids are starting to get looks from all over the country. As hockey fans, we need to support any and ALL girls programs in the state to keep those programs going......and yes there are several girls that deserve attention from Division 1 coaches. The caliber is there.......it just takes one coach to give a kid a shot. I understand that North Dakota high school

girls hockey is not the caliber of Minnesota. No doubt about it. It doesn't mean that those division 1 talented players don't exist.

• Upvote 1

Curious why you would say Idalski overlooks North Dakota girls? Don't they have two on their roster (not counting Lamoureuxs) in Parizek and Berg that saw plenty of playing time? And one from East Grand...Sure seems he his giving local talent a fair shake to me.

Curious why you would say Idalski overlooks North Dakota girls? Don't they have two on their roster (not counting Lamoureuxs) in Parizek and Berg that saw plenty of playing time? And one from East Grand...Sure seems he his giving local talent a fair shake to me.

Kayla Berg, from Fargo North, is a walk-on and Parizek is from Minot but played for the Minnesota Crunch in Grand Rapids her senior when they were an organization. They are both complete studs and deserve their spots on the Sioux roster. Leah Jensen is a heck of player as well but, when recruited had

an advantage because she is from Minnesota. Just sayin.

Just sayin, North Dakota high school girls hockey is not as good. Sure there are good players, but as someone else pointed out, you don't compete with the Duluth's, Wisconsin's and Minnesota's of the world with "good".

Just sayin, North Dakota high school girls hockey is not as good. Sure there are good players, but as someone else pointed out, you don't compete with the Duluth's, Wisconsin's and Minnesota's of the world with "good".

I don't disagree. If you are The University of North Dakota you have to get the best available kids and those kids are from Minnesota and Canada. What I am saying is that you have to have at the very least a "presence" in the state. That may have different meanings to different people. To me it means, that you should as a head coach, have an assistant (or the head coach) at a game or two every year. I'm just saying that the girls in the state need a sign, or some sort of hope that they can strive for. Anything to keep kids in the state to keep coming out for hockey and growing the numbers in the youth ranks so that someday North Dakota will be recruiting grounds for colleges.

I don't disagree. If you are The University of North Dakota you have to get the best available kids and those kids are from Minnesota and Canada. What I am saying is that you have to have at the very least a "presence" in the state. That may have different meanings to different people. To me it means, that you should as a head coach, have an assistant (or the head coach) at a game or two every year. I'm just saying that the girls in the state need a sign, or some sort of hope that they can strive for. Anything to keep kids in the state to keep coming out for hockey and growing the numbers in the youth ranks so that someday North Dakota will be recruiting grounds for colleges.

Well said sioux7. I am a girls high school coach in North Dakota and I can tell you right now there are 3 or 4 juniors in this state that could play for the Sioux. They may not jump in right away but give them a year with that program and they could contribute by the 2nd year. I was once told by coach Idalski that when my daughter was 12 and at his camp at UND that she was the one of the best 12 year olds he had ever seen. He also told me to get her out of North Dakota for better competition. Well just where is one to get that kind of money to do that? Not all of us are rolling in the cash so she stayed in North Dakota and he hasn't been interested since and she has the talent for the next level. With that said she is getting looks from other D1 schools and a few D111 schools.

Were you at every game in the state last year? How do you know how many games the coaches were at? I guess as a coach I focus more on where I know I am going to get the recruits from right now. Fabian was just at a tourney with some of those kids recently, does that count or not? I think you perceive things being slighted because you have a vested interest in some of these kids. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe your perception isn't right, unless you follow the coaches everywhere.

Were you at every game in the state last year? How do you know how many games the coaches were at? I guess as a coach I focus more on where I know I am going to get the recruits from right now. Fabian was just at a tourney with some of those kids recently, does that count or not? I think you perceive things being slighted because you have a vested interest in some of these kids. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe your perception isn't right, unless you follow the coaches everywhere.

Fabian was at the NIT tourney last weekend in Plymouth along with a boatload of other scouts and coaches.

Of course I wasn't at every game last year and I have no vested interest and I my perception may be way off as I pointed out earlier. But the girls hockey world in North Dakota is so small that if any of the Sioux coaches were at any regular season high school girls hockey games.....believe me those folks would know.

Isn't this thread about future recruits and not a battle between ND girls hockey against other states and why the Sioux don't recruit them.

Yes it is and it's about giving a North Dakota girl a chance like they did with Berg. She was really just an above average player when she played for North and now look at her. Like I said before there are 4 or 5 girls in the state as seniors next year that could play for them given the chance.

Are these girls that could be ready to play for UND if they were given the chance being recruited by any other NCAA DI schools?

Good question, but why not take it a step further and ask who exactly these four or five girls are? That way when these girls get scholarships from other schools and succeed, we will know exactly who Idalski missed on, and we can compare how his recruits did compared to these girls.

Good question, but why not take it a step further and ask who exactly these four or five girls are? That way when these girls get scholarships from other schools and succeed, we will know exactly who Idalski missed on, and we can compare how his recruits did compared to these girls.

I know who these girls are and you will know in due time who they are. Again all they need is a chance like Berg got and they will shine. They just need a little more polishing than the girls from minnesota as the competition isn't up to par here as it is in minny. But I'm not holding my breath for any of the girls getting a chance at UND unless they walk on.