SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is right. Channel 44 is the FSSN channel, and I think the only place you can get tonight's game is the Big 10 Network. I'm in Fargo, so if that changes, correct me if I'm wrong. Tomorrow night's is on FSN and FCSA.

You are the right one i am the wrong one I didnt know game wasnt even on FSN geez where have i been LOL

Doesn't matter to me who they throw in there to to analysis. But I am pretty critical of play-by-play guys. Frank is great at it. He is a huge Gopher homer, and a lot of the time Woog actually corrects Frank when Frank takes digs at the Sioux. Now obviously they both like to talk up UM whenever possible. But Woog will at least compliment other teams.

Sweeny is a great guy, but he goes off on tangents about hockey in the 60s and guys that are probably listening to him on tv wishing he would get back to discussing the game. I find his little discussions about the old days very distracting. Otherwise, he is pretty good at play-by-play except for the screechiness when he's really excited.

Paul Braun at Wisconsin is about as good as it gets when it comes to play by play and not being too much of a homer. He's been at it a long time, right up there with our own Tim H.

Paul Braun at Wisconsin is about as good as it gets when it comes to play by play and not being too much of a homer. He's been at it a long time, right up there with our own Tim H.

I love listening to TH do hockey pbp. Huge homer, but it's ok because he's on the right team. :)

That's sad. Say what you want about Woog and Mozacco, I'd take them any day over Sweeny and anyone he chooses as color.

Frank is very good at play-by-play and doesn't get squeaky high pitched like Sweeny when action happens. Woog is a good hockey mind and is typically a closet Sioux fan during these games.

Oh well, we'll see them tomorrow night.

I think Wooger and the rug are "Likable buffoons."

I wish Hennesey could some how get synced to TV

I've plugged my laptop with the Sioux audio into the stereo. It was about a minute behind the TV broadcast. We have a DVR, so I paused it for about a minute or so, tweaked a little and it was spot on. Ah . . . the joys of being a Sioux fan. :)

Wow, the Big 10 broadcast is a one-sided joke in the studio. All they talked about was Minnesota. Not one mention of anything specific relating to UND. Hopefully the play-by-play guys are a little different.

I also realize that it is the Big 10 Network.

Yes. they suck.

From the BTN web site:

"Former Wisconsin captain and current Chicago Blackhawks winger Adam Burish and former Minnesota and now retired NHL veteran Darby Hendrickson will rotate as studio analysts for the network's shows alongside studio host Rick Pizzo, who played goaltender at the NCAA Division III level."

I don't mind Wooger, but I don't know if I've ever heard Frank really ever complement an opposing team - especially the Sioux. I think you could have a drinking game every time those two take a dig at the Sioux! :D

For those who predicted a fair sided commentating job done by a former UW player and a former Minnesota player.... gosh.... If I would have read that before I tuned in, I wouldn't have expected anything but a UMN love fest.

I've plugged my laptop with the Sioux audio into the stereo. It was about a minute behind the TV broadcast. We have a DVR, so I paused it for about a minute or so, tweaked a little and it was spot on. Ah . . . the joys of being a Sioux fan. :D

Hmm, I have a radio tuner on the one computer that acts as a DVR type thing. . I think I can do the opposite, delay the radio slightly to sync up the TV.

Thanks a bunch for the inspiration!!!!!

Wow, the Big 10 broadcast is a one-sided joke in the studio. All they talked about was Minnesota. Not one mention of anything specific relating to UND. Hopefully the play-by-play guys are a little different.

I also realize that it is the Big 10 Network.

I will take the two likable baboon's from Minnesota tomorrow night because the two clowns in the announcers box tonight didn't know their hockey.

I will take the two likable baboon's from Minnesota tomorrow night because the two clowns in the announcers box tonight didn't know their hockey.

]

I loved how when Carmen lost his stick one of the announcers said that a defenseman should give him his stick. I think he realized it as soon as it left his mouth, but it was a classic.

I loved how when Carmen lost his stick one of the announcers said that a defenseman should give him his stick. I think he realized it as soon as it left his mouth, but it was a classic.

I don't know who the two clowns in the booth were last night but they were brutal and they kind of tipped their hat when they said they loved basketball. Oh goody, translation only doing hockey because they had to.

By reading all the game articles linked on Brad's blog, it seems like the Gophers were happy with the tie, while the Sioux were angry at giving up the point (which is how it should have been with the tying goal coming so late).

Hopefully the Gophers get a little complacent in their play for tonight since they are pleased with the tie, while the Sioux get motivated to play better.

It would be nice to see the Sioux come out with the effort like in the first UND/UMN game at the Ralph and take it to them for 60min.

Go Sioux!

Ah, very well could be. I'm in Buenos Aires so I really couldn't tell you, right in the heart of the big city.

Went to Igauzu falls and hung out in the jungle for a few days this past weekend so that was as close as I got to a remote place here in Argentina, and I'm guessing you won't find many ducks in the jungle :D Other than that the only weather I've seen is the steaming hot insides of bars haha.

Are you going to end up making it down for the game? Hope all is well.

I loved Argentina! Buenos Aires reminded me of Europe, the architecture, people, etc. AND the food, beef especially, was wonderful!! Ooo, and good wine! :huh:

Let's not forget that they are Minnesota hockey broadcsters, so their bias is know. They're not some third party that hitches on to a team the like such as Big10 or ESPN.

How sad. The more national the program is...the more bias.... But that's how ESPN rolls!

Let's not forget that they are Minnesota hockey broadcsters, so their bias is know. They're not some third party that hitches on to a team the like such as Big10 or ESPN.

How sad. The more national the program is...the more bias.... But that's how ESPN rolls!

You do realize that the game last night was broadcast by the Big Ten Network, which is partially owned by Fox. ESPN had absolutely nothing to do with it. Or is this just another shot at Bristol for no reason?