SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

Sioux come off a win and tie this last weekend beating Ohio St and losing a 5-3 lead to tie Miami. Duluth had a bye week and 2 weekends ago they swept the gophers. Always a fun seires the way both teams like to play hockey! GO SIOUX!!

WCHA STANDINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 8-4-2 (.643)

WCHA: 5-4-1, 11 points

Home: 5-1-2

Should be a great weekend of hockey. UMD has one line that is sick. If we can shut them down, we will sweep. If we can't, we could get swept.

The DECC is a small ice surface (short, with a shorter neutral zone). This can give fits to the transition game. Watch for some early offsides as timing will be slightly off.

UMD's quick forwards will test us. We will need to establish a physical presence early.

Should be a great weekend of hockey. UMD has one line that is sick. If we can shut them down, we will sweep. If we can't, we could get swept.

Another weekend where we can't take a shift off. It'll be nice when we play a soft opponent, but looking at the schedule we won't really get that until mid January.

I suppose they are refering to Niagra, MSU-M and or Minnesota... I don't think Notre Dame is all that great right now either.

It must mean Niagara because they, of the four mentioned, are the only ones who are truly soft.

MSU-M always plays us tough....physically at least. (God forbid we get Don Adam that weekend).

Minnesota and Notre Dame aren't very good RIGHT NOW, but who knows what they'll be like in January.

It must mean Niagara because they, of the four mentioned, are the only ones who are truly soft.

MSU-M always plays us tough....physically at least. (God forbid we get Don Adam that weekend).

Minnesota and Notre Dame aren't very good RIGHT NOW, but who knows what they'll be like in January.

But Minnesota's soft on defense.... :angry:

But Minnesota's soft on defense.... :angry:

True, but I still can't take them lightly.

Niagara would be an embarrassing loss to be sure.

However, Notre Dame and Minnesota could idealistically play well enough to beat UND. Whether or not we see that ideal is hard to tell at this point, but it's not far fetched.

This weekend feels like a split. A tough opponent, on the road, in a tough arena to play in.

I wish I could watch because it will be interesting to see if MacWilliam has any words for Dylan Olson. Olson was MacWilliam's teammate in the AJHL and Dylan almost committed to UND...in fact there are some conspiracies about some behind-the-scenes actions on the matter.

This weekend feels like a split. A tough opponent, on the road, in a tough arena to play in.

I wish I could watch because it will be interesting to see if MacWilliam has any words for Dylan Olson. Olson was MacWilliam's teammate in the AJHL and Dylan almost committed to UND...in fact there are some conspiracies about some behind-the-scenes actions on the matter.

What are the conspiracies?

I'd take a split, considering how our last road trip went I would take one in a heartbeat. that said we need to find a way to go 3-1 over the next two weekends heading into the break. so we don't fall to far back of the top teams in the league.