SiouxSports.com Forum

Genoway

jloos

I talked to a guy who is very close to the team and Chay suffered a concussion and a bruised sternum.Sounds like he is still messed up in the head.This could linger on for some time I'm afraid.

What a great return for St Cloud. Their crapsack player will be back in their lineup next week and they got a split out of his actions. When is the league going to start handing out suspensions that match the crime.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, but what are our options with Genoway out??

How about rotating Marto, LaPoint, and Gleason through and at the end of the power play (last 20-30 seconds) putting Blood out there. Those first three can thread a shot through and will play smart back there.

If you really want a forward back there I'd say Toews and put Knight or Cichy out with Trupp and Malone for a second PP unit.

For that matter, of all the forwards, based on the Friday performance I'd say the one that deserved to be healthy scratched Saturday was Kristo. Cichy played a smart, tough game and he doesn't give up the puck very easily. No, he's not flashy or fast, but he doesn't make mistakes with the puck either.

What a great return for St Cloud. Their crapsack player will be back in their lineup next week and they got a split out of his actions. When is the league going to start handing out suspensions that match the crime.

The league was smart enough to keep Marvin off the ice Saturday.

I was expecting that a number seventeen body bag would be needed at the visitor's bench Saturday.

If I ever see Kristo out there on the point during a power play again it'll be too soon.

I agree that Kristo on the point seems like mis-allocated resources. The kid is talented, but he tends to wander and leaves his spot, resulting in the puck leaving the zone or worse.

I think the shortie the Sioux gave up Saturday was the result of him trying to make too cute of a pass to the other point: he feathered the puck rather than putting some zip on it. That particular deficiency wasn't limited to Kristo, though. Many, many Sioux passes through neutral ice were simply too easy to pick off, breaking up any offensive flow and creating odd-man opportunities.

StCloud was really aggressive in their forecheck: they usually had two forwards really deep disrupting the Sioux break-out scheme, and stacked five skaters across the blue line. And when the Sioux finally gained the attack zone, the Huskies collapsed inside the dots leaving almost no room. There is a time for cutesy, floating doughnut passing, but not against a clogging defense like St. Cloud put up.

The league was smart enough to keep Marvin off the ice Saturday.

I was expecting that a number seventeen body bag would be needed at the visitor's bench Saturday.

just bring the body bag in february to the national hockey center, this could be settled that friday night when the sioux visit st. cloud.

Agree, but what are our options with Genoway out??

Kristo is a big-time talent but is a Fr. who at this point is in a little too deep playing the point on the PP or winging the 1st line. I thought he looked great on Sat. playing on the 4th line. He is a huge mismatch against team's lower lines.

Cichy, Knight and Kristo could be a huge advantage for us if we can find someone to wing the last sopt on the 1st line. Malone clicked with VV and Gregoire late last year...maybe give him a shot. Hextall doesn't cut it there either.

thing is he was playing the point even when chay was out there.

Marvin speaks about hit on Genoway

"I feel bad about what happened," said Marvin, who chased Genoway for about three-quarters of the length of the rink late in the second period Friday before finally catching him in the back with a check behind the SCSU net. "It was poor judgement on my part and there's no place for checking from behind like that. The important thing now is to make sure (Genoway) is OK. It wasn't my intention to hurt him."

Marvin... doesn't deny that he was frustrated -- either consciously or subconsciously -- at the time. ... Genoway, a senior who is 5-foot-9 and weighs 174 pounds, had his face to the glass when Marvin, who's 6-3, 205, connected.

Huskies coach Bob Motzko said he doesn't anticipate any further discipline for Marvin, a junior who had one previous major penalty in his first 86 college games. (That also was a checking-from-behind call, on Feb. 23, 2008, against Michigan Tech at the National Hockey Center.) Take away the two majors and their accompanying game misconducts and Marvin totals 76 PIM in 87 career games. (Obviously it wasn't Genoway's fault, but -- for comparison -- he has 140 career PIM.)

"The worst thing was that I got my hands up high," said Marvin, who will face the Sioux again when they come to the Hockey Center on Feb. 12-13. "I didn't leave my feet, but it wasn't a good hit. That's why I don't disagree with the officials about the call or the suspension."

That is a good pic, but doesn't entirely tell the whole story...if you watch the video, you can see Adam watch the hit and then turns away.

I think the head turn happens just before the hit. Didn't analyze it that closely, but if Adam saw the hit, they would have called it on the correct person at the time. That didn't happen. He should have been able to see it where he was positioned, and he did not.