SiouxSports.com Forum

Genoway

jloos

nice play marvin. nice cheap shot to the head. wow. what a joke. i hope scsu plays him. davidson can take can take care of him if need be but if scsu mans up and suspends him like they should for tonight then one of his teammates better be ready. just a awful hit with the stick to the back of the head. this started in tech and has continued

the worst part is that dipshyt adam was right there and looked to be watching. isnt this enough from him?? i never get on refs either way but this is a joke as he is

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't a classic CFB, where the player is 3 feet from the boards and gets launched head first into the boards (like Bina). It looked to me like the kind of hit the league had in mind with the contact to the head emphasis. Unlike the Leddy hit, where a shoulder hit happened to make contact with the head, Marvin brought his arms and stick up and deliberately drove Genoway's head into the glass. Disappointing from a Warroad kid, especially so for Eades, I'd guess.

I don't know what happens tonight. Based on the contact to the head emphasis, I'll be surprised if Marvin plays tonight. Either way, his number is etched into the green club's minds, and eventually he'll get his comeuppance. Whoever does it better be good though, because Marvin is a big strong boy. Where's the Zach Jones rageout when needed? (In fact, Jones may hop in his car and start driving to GF when he sees the replay of that hit.) I had thought the Sioux were not physical enough last night anyway; unfortunately the officials will be on high alert and any hitting will earn the penalty box.

I don't know what happens tonight. Based on the contact to the head emphasis, I'll be surprised if Marvin plays tonight. Either way, his number is etched into the green club's minds, and eventually he'll get his comeuppance. Whoever does it better be good though, because Marvin is a big strong boy. Where's the Zach Jones rageout when needed? (In fact, Jones may hop in his car and start driving to GF when he sees the replay of that hit.) I had thought the Sioux were not physical enough last night anyway; unfortunately the officials will be on high alert and any hitting will earn the penalty box.

You assume the league will step in and suspend Marvin. Brad Schlossman doesn't think so. Historically, there's not much to go on. Paukovich was suspended by the league, but Genoway isn't in the hospital with a broken neck.

But you're right otherwise. UND will come out physical tonight and pissed off. Don Adam who, before allowing Paukovich's hit, was known (according to Greene) to "give advice" and "teach lessons" to certain overly physical players when making penalty calls, will be holding school in the Don Adam Wishywashy School of unsafe and poor officiating clinic.

I'd expect Hextall, Mario, Zajac, Malone, and perhaps MacWilliam to spend ample time in the box tonight.

Heck, we saw that last night. Hextall got a double minor for a minor penalty. Malone got 2 for roughing for getting cross checked after the whistle.

There will be make up calls, sure, but now... WOW... Roe is going to have an epic night with diving being allowed. Expect it.

We definitely dont need lower our standards and cheap shot anyone, whoever it is. EVEN if its Marvin. But we do need to face him head on and make him own up for his conduct. SCSU would do good just by sitting him tonight. I don't care who we play next weekend, Hakstol will expect Blood/MacWilliam to rough Marvin up. That's the honest hockey that Hakstol has instilled here in UND, owning up for cheap hits and continuing the law of hockey of protecting your stars. Its done in the NHL, minors, juniors, and UND does it as well....If Marvin play's we'll see several UND players go after him.

We definitely dont need lower our standards and cheap shot anyone, whoever it is. EVEN if its Marvin. But we do need to face him head on and make him own up for his conduct. SCSU would do good just by sitting him tonight. I don't care who we play next weekend, Hakstol will expect Blood/MacWilliam to rough Marvin up. That's the honest hockey that Hakstol has instilled here in UND, owning up for cheap hits and continuing the law of hockey of protecting your stars. Its done in the NHL, minors, juniors, and UND does it as well....If Marvin play's we'll see several UND players go after him.

Agree with one difference...We can't afford to go down two defensemen against DU, so look for a forward to enforce not Blood or MacWilliam,

You assume the league will step in and suspend Marvin. Brad Schlossman doesn't think so. Historically, there's not much to go on. Paukovich was suspended by the league, but Genoway isn't in the hospital with a broken neck.

But you're right otherwise. UND will come out physical tonight and pissed off. Don Adam who, before allowing Paukovich's hit, was known (according to Greene) to "give advice" and "teach lessons" to certain overly physical players when making penalty calls, will be holding school in the Don Adam Wishywashy School of unsafe and poor officiating clinic.

I'd expect Hextall, Mario, Zajac, Malone, and perhaps MacWilliam to spend ample time in the box tonight.

Heck, we saw that last night. Hextall got a double minor for a minor penalty. Malone got 2 for roughing for getting cross checked after the whistle.

There will be make up calls, sure, but now... WOW... Roe is going to have an epic night with diving being allowed. Expect it.

If you're going to get penalized make sure you earned it then.

And I hope Lasche does find out that Mr Fienage plays in front of the net differently than Chay. Especially since they got a slow whistle goal last night.

the sioux wont and dont need to cheap shot anyone. you handle it like it should be handled in hockey and thats it.

If you're going to get penalized make sure you earned it then.

And I hope Lasche does find out that Mr Fienage plays in front of the net differently than Chay. Especially since they got a slow whistle goal last night.

I say the following:

1. Dive when you can.

2. Don't turn your back to any player when near the boards

3. Keep your head up.

4. Expect a lot of special teams play so Special teamers conserve energy.

5. Eidsness (or Dell) come ready to take a lot of shots

6. Play with your head on a swivel. Unsafe ice with Adam on the ice. We don't need any more injuries.

7. Revenge isn't the name of the game. Injuring any SCSU player won't solve anything. Don't go after Lasch. In fact, don't go after Marvin (sorry, jloos, he'll play tonight and be suspended after the game for 1 game if at all).

It was a slow whistle goal, but it was the right call in the end. Eidsness didn't have the puck.

Do I smell a discussion on the code coming?

It is pretty straightforward. You are responsible for your actions on the ice, and you need to be prepared to have certain things...um...addressed.

Tonight its about playing Sioux hockey. That's straight up, physical hockey. Skill and speed on the attack. Team, Committment and Integrity.

Physically humiliate an opponent, but to his face.

Marto is going to need to step up big time tonight and lead that defensive unit...he can do it.

This cheapshot looked an awful lot like the one that Carolina's Juomu Ruutu put on Colorado's Darcy Tucker last month. Adam Foote went right after him.....Ruutu ended up getting a 3 game suspension I believe. But don't expect McLeod or Papa Shep to have enough balls to do that....

I say the following:

1. Dive when you can.

2. Don't turn your back to any player when near the boards

3. Keep your head up.

4. Expect a lot of special teams play so Special teamers conserve energy.

5. Eidsness (or Dell) come ready to take a lot of shots

6. Play with your head on a swivel. Unsafe ice with Adam on the ice. We don't need any more injuries.

7. Revenge isn't the name of the game. Injuring any SCSU player won't solve anything. Don't go after Lasch. In fact, don't go after Marvin (sorry, jloos, he'll play tonight and be suspended after the game for 1 game if at all).

It was a slow whistle goal, but it was the right call in the end. Eidsness didn't have the puck.

Agreed on all, but #1. There is nothing more bush league or lame than a player diving.

Agreed on all, but #1. There is nothing more bush league or lame than a player diving.

I don't feel it is bush league when the league in question doesn't see it the same way.

It would be amusing to me to see it so rampant in the WCHA that yet ANOTHER NCAA crackdown is written this offseason based upon the WCHA.

In my opinion the only solution is to allow some fighting. Pretty much every junior and professional league allow it and so should college. Players enforce these types of situations themselves. This will never happen, but it is the only solution to the problem. The NHL seems to have figured it out. They must average at most 1 fight a game and their star players are not getting run at.

Bob in Wisc, thanks for posting that clip.

Chay, hope you recover quick and are back skating soon.

I hope the entire Sioux team comes out tonight and runs JBSU out of the building. Not by delivering beat-downs, even though at least one might be deserved, but by good old fashioned Sioux/Eades/Hakstol hockey. Play the body, HARD. Finish every check. Crash the net early and often and cram ten goals past those pipes. Give this bush league team the bums rush right out of your building.

Don't retaliate by trying to break someone's nose. Retaliate by driving the point home that the Fighting Sioux are a vastly superior team, and leave zero doubt. Skate fast, hard, draw a dozen penalties and score six on the power play.

Crush them hard, in every facet of the game.

In my opinion the only solution is to allow some fighting. Pretty much every junior and professional league allow it and so should college. Players enforce these types of situations themselves. This will never happen, but it is the only solution to the problem. The NHL seems to have figured it out. They must average at most 1 fight a game and their star players are not getting run at.

I like the way you think Jloos.

There is some justice in the world as Marvin has been suspended for his hit and will not be playing in tonight's game against the Sioux.

Breaking News: Marvin suspended for series finale ----I just got word that St. Cloud State's Aaron Marvin has been suspended for tonight's series finale against UND.

Marvin illegally checked UND's Chay Genoway into the boards from behind in last night's contest. Genoway didn't return.

Then please Mr Rocket Scientist tell us all how we stop other teams from running Genoway. I would really like to hear a plausible solution given the bush league environment of the WCHA.

I think you described the way already. We in the US just have a hard time stomaching the brutality required. I think my guy Schroeder is still hesitant after what that Canada kid did to JVR at the World Juniors. Had anyone on the US stepped up and jammed a stick into Tavaras' neck the whole tourney may have gone differently.

If someone KOs your best, you spend some time going after their best. Let the rest of the WCHA watch Lasch and Roe suffer on film tonight.

I think you described the way already. We in the US just have a hard time stomaching the brutality required. I think my guy Schroeder is still hesitant after what that Canada kid did to JVR at the World Juniors. Had anyone on the US stepped up and jammed a stick into Tavaras' neck the whole tourney may have gone differently.

If someone KOs your best, you spend some time going after their best. Let the rest of the WCHA watch Lasch and Roe suffer on film tonight.

Good point, the Sioux need to come out and check the Huskies hard tonight.