SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD ST.

AZSIOUX

i actually brought this up a while back, and wouldn't be surprised if this happened. i hope it doesn't, but can you really blame him if he does? he needs gametime to get better and to get where he wants to be, which is in pro hockey. he obviously isn't getting any ice time here, so i wouldn't be surprised if he has thought about going elsewhere.

I can see that being an option too. However, he is the 7th man in, not 8th or 9th. If someone gets hurt, he will get to play. And not that I am hoping for it, but with how deep Chay brings in the puck and how teams like Tech were making sure to get their shots in on him, I don't see him playing every game this season. I think he is going to get nicked up for at least a series. So maybe Fienhage will get some playing time somewhere down the line. He may be waiting for that one last shot to make an impact and if it doesn't happen or doesn't come then leave after the season. Plus, this team is deep. You would hate to bail and then see them go on to do something great.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nattering of little old ladies regarding the D makes for hilarious reading. Can anyone tell us how many times has the starting D for the Sioux been healthy for an entire season? It would be nice if this were one of those rare occasions however, as unfortunate as it might be, I think we will see Fienhage in the lineup yet. After all we haven't played the Purple Cows yet and we all know what they are good for. (Other than good for nothing)

The nattering of little old ladies regarding the D makes for hilarious reading. Can anyone tell us how many times has the starting D for the Sioux been healthy for an entire season? It would be nice if this were one of those rare occasions however, as unfortunate as it might be, I think we will see Fienhage in the lineup yet. After all we haven't played the Purple Cows yet and we all know what they are good for. (Other than good for nothing)

the injury point you make is valid and a good one, no doubt about that. the concern if we do have a injury (knock on wood) :angry: my thinking was you want a guy to have a few games under his belt if that does happen. thats all from my view. the 6 d men hak is running out have been great and hope it continues vs scsu and the sioux can grab 4 more points!!

Can't imagine it will be. They just carry the FSSN feed and they don't use HD cameras.

i sure hope fssn can get with the times and get that hd rolling for the home games!! i know it costs money but it makes a heck of a difference when watching hockey on tv.

i sure hope fssn can get with the times and get that hd rolling for the home games!! i know it costs money but it makes a heck of a difference when watching hockey on tv.

I'd be happy if they could adjust the brightness. Sometimes the white glare is so bad you can't see the blue line!

I like the way all 6 d are playing right now they each bring something different and are working well together. that said barring an injury I can't see Fiehnage cracking the lineup. if he didn't against the last two teams I can't see hak playing him in the next 5 weekends.

Even taking injuries out of the equation, are we all thinking that the season is going to continue to go as well as it has to this point? Every season has its ups and downs, and I doubt this one will be different. If someone's performance doesn't meet the standard, and a message needs to be sent, or if someone is taking penalties that hurt the team, I am sure Hakstol wouldn't hesitate to teach a lesson. If that happens, it is up to Fienhage to take the ball and run with it.

As I see it, tnt is right on.

There's NO WAY we continue at this clip. No way. We'll hit a slump. I think some of our freshmen will look like freshmen. Maybe Gleason will hit a snag. Maybe something will go awry with another defenseman.

Or maybe Hakstol will simply find a reason to rest a player and play Fienhage.

Or Fienhage could bolt like Lofquist.

It will be an interesting ride. I just hope we're not going to fade at all.

Take splits when we need to and sweep everyone we should and we'll be just fine.

Fridays game also looks to be on the NHL network.

My NHL network schedule shows Ferris State at Miami on Friday Night

As I linked to in the TV thread, NHL Network lists it on their schedule and I see it on my cable box's guide (though interestingly it is NOT on FOXSA on my cable box).

The NHL Network schedule currently lists Ferris St. vs. Miami as an encore presentation shown on Saturday at noon.

The NHL Network listing has been updated to now say Ferris St at Miami instead of the UND game. My cable box still says UND at Miami on NHL Network, nothing on FOXSA.

UND's game notes list it as FSSN and FOXSA.

The NHL Network listing has been updated to now say Ferris St at Miami instead of the UND game. My cable box still says UND at Miami on NHL Network, nothing on FOXSA.

UND's game notes list it as FSSN and FOXSA.

According to tvguide.com -

For Friday, NHL Network: Ferris/Miami, FCS Atlantic: UND/SCSU, FCS Central: AA/WI and FCS Pacific: MI St/MI. Last time I looked at the NHL Network, they were highlighting the UND/SCSU game - now they are highlighting Ferrris/Miami - something may have changed?

For Saturday, FSN North: BSU/MN, FCS Atlantic: UND/SCSU, FCS Pacific: BSU/MN

For Sunday: FSN North: BSU/MN

Not a bad weekend on the tube, eh?

Question for any of you all that frequent the Raph for games, I live in Denver and am thinking about heading out for the St Cloud series this weekend but I have no tickets yet. I need three tickets and have been searching for them here and on craigs list. So far I haven't found anything good.

So here is my question: Does anyone know if there is usually much activity outside the arena before the game as far as ticket selling?

IE what do you think the chances are to find tickets before game time outside??

Question for any of you all that frequent the Raph for games, I live in Denver and am thinking about heading out for the St Cloud series this weekend but I have no tickets yet. I need three tickets and have been searching for them here and on craigs list. So far I haven't found anything good.

So here is my question: Does anyone know if there is usually much activity outside the arena before the game as far as ticket selling?

you will find tickets outside or someone here on ss will see this and get a hold of you. there are always good tickets out there. the issue is 3 tickets. thats a tough number when buying sporting event tix but hopefully you will land some. you masy have to just buy 4 if thats all thats out there and figure it out from there

You will be able to find tickets outside the REA. Four of us drove to GF for Saturday's Gophers game without tickets. I paid $25 for a lower bowl seat 16 rows up from the ice. One of my buddies found a decent upper bowl ticket for $11. $11 for a Sioux v. Gophers game!!!

As AZ stated, it will be difficult to find 3 together.